• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

He didn't literally glove switch though...

He took the stones from thanos glove and attached to his armor....

I guess the reason it didn't happen in the 1st movie, thanos didn't have them All?

Still when they almost have the glove off in the first one, they could have extracted the ones that he had (shrug)

The Infinity Gauntlet was created by Eitri the Dwarf.

The Stark Gauntlet was created by Iron Man.

Tony can control 1 of these with his own technology. Same way he pulled the suit off Pepper in Iron Man 3 during the Mandarin attack on his home.

Maybe with the nano Stark glove that thanos gets in endgame had a ...... lol I was just about to say this ha

Just now, TwoPiece said:

The Infinity Gauntlet was created by Eitri the Dwarf.

The Stark Gauntlet was created by Iron Man.

Tony can control 1 of these with his own technology. Same way he pulled the suit off Pepper in Iron Man 3 during the Mandarin attack on his home.

perhaps a quick release, just in case :whee: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Maybe with the nano Stark glove that thanos gets in endgame had a ...... lol I was just about to say this ha

Why do you have a Metallica (awesome) inspired avatar with a P@TD (awful) inspired "Location"...

What are you..?

Edited by TwoPiece
Wrong "band".

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Why do you have a Metallica (awesome) inspired avatar with a P@TD (awful) inspired "Location"...

What are you..?

I shall remedy post haste lol because Bitcoinswami, when he first joined, I was polite and nice...... ahem, it used to say my city and state, bitcoin said he lived near me, has since freaked me out a bit :eek: so I changed it to something anything but sue!

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I shall remedy post haste lol because Bitcoinswami, when he first joined, I was polite and nice...... ahem, it used to say my city and state, bitcoin said he lived near me, has since freaked me out a bit :eek: so I changed it to something anything but sue!

Lmfao wow. I'm sorry for bringing up such a traumatic event. lol

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

He didn't literally glove switch though...

He took the stones from thanos glove and attached to his armor....

Wow, I just realized that.I thought there was a switch, but to what? So maybe on the side, Stark augmented his nano suit to act as a Gauntlet, so during the "switch" since the other Gauntlet was also Stark tech, he was able to somehow make the stones travel to his suit? I'm a little confused about that but I totally thought there was a switch between the good Gauntlet and the old Gauntlet...

10 hours ago, marmat said:

A lot of epic moments, I'd add the scene where Tony steals the gems from Thanos. Thanos is wearing the tech gauntlet made by Stark, I guess it's made with the same nanotech he used for his armor. So in some way, the gauntlet obeys Tony Stark commands, just like his armor. When he touches the gauntlet, the nano-particles of the gauntlet and the armor fuses together and he is able to switch the gems from the gauntlet to the armor. I loved how the gems goes from the elbow up to the fist. "I am Iron Man"......snap.....epic cinematic.

9 out of 10

This is what happened IMO

Edited by marmat

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Wow, I just realized that.I thought there was a switch, but to what? So maybe on the side, Stark augmented his nano suit to act as a Gauntlet, so during the "switch" since the other Gauntlet was also Stark tech, he was able to somehow make the stones travel to his suit? I'm a little confused about that but I totally thought there was a switch between the good Gauntlet and the old Gauntlet...

Correct - no switch. Just a transfer of the Stones from Stark Gauntlet to Iron Man suit.

So people that died because their pilot or driver was dusted and they crashed are still dead, I would assume, right? Or the people in the building that helicopters and planes crashed into as well?

I think the movie would have been better if 
Pepper was dusted.  Tony gets home, finds out she's gone.  Goes home, finds a pregnancy test and finds out he was a dad that way. Now hes motivated to work with Scott.  
When he uses the stones, be goes back five years and sets everything right.  

13 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Correct - no switch. Just a transfer of the Stones from Stark Gauntlet to Iron Man suit.

Okay, I need to go watch Endgame a third time. That scene takes on a whole new meaning now.  Stark truly was the only person who could take the Stones from Thanos, which makes his ultimate hero moment that much more meaningful.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

59 minutes ago, Casablanca said:

I missed the whole glove switch with Thanos..and Iron Man...kinda the most important scene in the movie...it went too fast for me....ugh

Same... did Tony have tech that only responded to his commands , ability to remove stones from one glove to another via magnetism ?

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

OMG! Swarmi invades another post! 

You are a smart man! You definitely don't want Swampi to know where you live! 

He will jump out of your closet @ 3AM to show you his 8.5 Maximum Carnage books! :roflmao:

5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Hmm, Iron Man and Captain America are only A list now because of the MCU movies.  Before that, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Wolverine are your A listers. Besides Spidey, the MCU has created other A listers because of its success including Black Panther, Thor, and yes, even Captain Marvel. The Avengers have worked for 60+ years with a rotating roster. They’ll be fine and maybe better off without Stark.

So the MCU can’t draw the big crowds without IM and CA, huh? Hmm. Let’s say Disney doesn’t need every MCU movie to make 3 billion dollars but are fine with a billion. Nearly every MCU movie without RDJ or Evans has made almost a billion and the last two films, Black Panther with enthusiasm from the African American community, and Captain Marvel, with enthusiasm from women all over the world, have made well over a billion. I think the MCU will be just fine.

Completely disagree with this. Captain America and Iron Man have had a central role in Marvel since the 1960's and have most certainly been A-listers since then. I also said I think Avengers doesn't work without them, I didn't say anything about Marvel not being able to move on without them. I would certainly include Thor among the A-listers but Black Panther and Captain Marvel? No, don't make me laugh. Just because they have a movie doesn't make them A-listers. Both super heroes have been failing and succeeding in comics for years but you know who has been steady selling? Cap and IM, true A-listers. 

Both Black Panther and Captain Marvel huge success imo came from how close they were to an Avengers movie and a possible tie-in. I'd bet the next of each we'll see more Ant-man numbers which isn't bad but they just aren't on the level of Avengers without the Avengers movie storyline going forward.  And no, now that RDJ and Evans are done with Avengers even if they keep the series going on I doubt we see anything close to this again. MCU will be fine but it won't be breaking any records soon I think as you don't lose 2/3 main guys and don't expect to lose a step. I could be wrong and hope there is plenty of other good movies slated but i don't see anything being this epic again and certainly not with BP and CM trying to take the helm.  People just seem to think you take the comics throw in a bunch of heroes and you are good. it doesn't work that way. It took them over 10 years to develop this storyline. Can they do that again? Maybe. But not as the Avengers especially without Cap and IM. 

1 hour ago, sd2416 said:

Pepper was dusted.  Tony gets home, finds out she's gone.  Goes home, finds a pregnancy test and finds out he was a dad that way. Now hes motivated to work with Scott.  

The movie is more interesting when each character has different motivations.  The fact that Tony's arc went from selfish billionaire to family man who now has something to protect is more compelling.  Scott and Tony serve as a dichotomy with one character losing (almost) everything, and the other now living the life that the former once had.  How does each character react?  Having two differing perspectives on a situation is more dramatic than two characters sharing the same feeling.  There's overlap and it effectively makes one character's story unnecessary.

This is a very interesting interview that can't be shared in the non-spoiler Endgame thread.

Avengers: Endgame directors answer Captain America mystery

In the end, Steve Rogers goes on a solo trip to restore the Infinity Stones from the other time dimensions to the moment they were taken, thereby bringing them back into alignment with the main timeline. He also takes Thor’s Mjölnir hammer, though not necessarily as his own weapon. That has to be taken back to The Dark World era to set the timelines straight, too. But then …he doesn’t come back. At least, not as we know him. He finds Peggy Carter and stays with her.

So, has Cap been living in the past this whole time — or did he go and live in another dimension? The directors say it’s the latter.

“If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality,” Joe explained. “The question then becomes, how is he back in this reality to give the shield away?”

The brothers smile.

“Interesting question, right?” Joe said. “Maybe there’s a story there. There’s a lot of layers built into this movie and we spent three years thinking through it, so it’s fun to talk about it and hopefully fill in holes for people so they understand what we’re thinking.”

There are other questions in this sequence that set up this future story…

Bucky’s Foresight

The Russos confirm — Bucky knew. When Cap was preparing to for the trip, which is only supposed to last a few seconds in the main timeline, his old friend from Brooklyn gives him a surprisingly heavy farewell.

Somehow, he was aware that Cap was going to live in the past, and it’s probably more than just intuition. “Especially when he says goodbye,” Joe explained. “He says, ‘I’ll miss you.’ Clearly he knows something.”

But how? Has Winter Soldier already met with Old Cap at some previous point? It seems the answer is yes.

On the other hand, Joe adds, “Sam doesn’t know something.” Falcon has no idea about Old Cap, which is why The Winter Soldier urges him to go up and talk to the now-elderly Steve Rogers. Bucky already has the answer to the questions Sam is going to ask.

“How does it feel?”

That’s what Old Cap asks Falcon after he gives him the vibranium shield.

“Like it’s someone else’s,” Falcon answers.

“It isn’t,” Cap tells him.

Does Rogers mean this as in, “it is yours now,” or is he telling the literal truth? After all, his own shield was shredded by Thanos in the final battle of Endgame.

Let’s spitball the possibilities: Maybe in the timeline where Old Cap has been living the shield he gave Sam actually belonged to that dimension’s Sam Wilson. Based on the chronology, by the time that Sam would have been fighting age, Steve Rogers would already be elderly and probably ready to hand off the mantle.

If so, what became of that Sam, since the shield has now been brought to this timeline?

The Captain’s Wife

Falcon notices the wedding band on Old Cap’s finger and asks if he’ll tell him about her. “No… no, I don’t think I will,” the old man replies.

We know from the final shot of the movie that Cap went back and found Peggy Carter, and we know the Russo brothers say he went to live in a branch timeline, not the prime one.

Still, many fans wonder if this is a misdirect (the Russos are known for that.) Could Steve Rogers have found a way to make the timelines realign? If so, that would allow him to live in the shadows as Peggy’s “secret husband” who has been acknowledged but gone unidentified so far in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This seems unlikely based on the fact that the Russos said one of the outlying questions is “how is he back in this reality?”

Having him live quietly for decades in the prime reality also creates a lot of paradoxes: Why doesn’t he disrupt Hyrdra’s infiltration of SHIELD sooner? Why doesn’t he warn the Avengers about the coming alien invasion in 2012? Why doesn’t he interfere in all the major tragedies and conflicts that we know about?

Maybe he does do those things, but it would be in the alternate universe. When he politely declines to tell Sam about his wife, it may be a nod to the audience: You don’t get to know any of it either.

These are all valid questions, according to the Russos, but we don’t have answers to them yet. All we can tell now is that it seems like the Marvel Studios braintrust have a plan to resolve them down the road.

Edited by Bosco685

There's more to that very interesting article and interview, so I would read the entire thing. Though what it means for the future is not clear, and this is more theories than confirmed details.

2 hours ago, sd2416 said:

So people that died because their pilot or driver was dusted and they crashed are still dead, I would assume, right? Or the people in the building that helicopters and planes crashed into as well?

He already had enough personal motivation - to bring back Peter Parker.  You can either have him do the dishes and stare at a picture of himself with Peter or have him stare at a wet piece of paper to get him to work on the time machine.  When he sacrifices himself at the end, it is greater because he knows what he's giving up (a life with Pepper, Morgan. etc.)