• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

With all the pre-movie speculation, does the Black Knight or some iteration or mention of him appear in this movie??? (I've read some but not all of this thread, but did not come across any mention of the Black Knight at all.) I've not seen the movie yet, but I don't mind knowing at this point.

There is no mention of the Black Knight in Endgame.

10 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

I don't know why the thought came to me, but I got a little teary eyed realizing Stan the Man wasn't able to see this epic finale.

I like to believe he would have been touched very deeply.

I think Endgame has Stan Lee's best cameo in the MCU.

Edited by chezmtghut

Marvel is now is the same boat with Cap and IM as Fox was with Wolverine- The actors were so well cast that they simply aren't recast-able in the near term.  So they simply won't. Thor's probably good for 1 more solo movie and maybe ensemble in GOTG #3. Which will wrap up that ensemble cast as well. Then he's done, aged out. ScarJo will get her Black Widow Prequel, and it will likely be  a one and done. The remaining b-list Avengers (winter soldier, Falcon, Wanda, Vision, Hawkeye) are getting relegated to Disney+, which means they won't get solo movies, and therefore likely no more Avengers movies.  I think Feige has more or less stated the next few years will just about putting out solo movies, much like Phase 1 was, without any heavy tie-in's or over-arching plan.  He's buying his time while the scope out what to do with the Fox merger. In many ways, the Fox merger contributed to the decisions to end the Avengers, and to go out with a bang and not try to drag it out or spend huge sums to lure the main actors back for one more hurrah. 

Feige has already stated the X-Men need to lie fallow for a few years, and let the stench of the Fox movies fade.  I think the FF is the next, most logical Tent-Pole for the MCU.  It's family oriented, which fits with Disney's business model, has relatively well known characters but not very strong associations with previous actors or movies. It's fresh territory. Fresh Villains (Doom is the new Loki, and work there way up to Galactus as the new Thanos.) Surfer as the new Thor.  You have Captain Marvel, and new territory with, Kree/Skrulls, Eternals. MOKF is you're more street level characters, that's a little tougher to weave in, but who knows if Moon Knight and others round that out.  There's plenty of new stuff to keep the MCU going the next 10 years.

But we have seen the last of the Avengers in the MCU for now.  SO long as Feige is at the helm, and has proven successful, they won't backtrack and reboot or rebrand it.  Cap, IM, and Thor were the backbone of the Avengers, built off their solo movies. Those actors defined those characters for this era. There's no Avengers #5 in the next 10 years, and a new Avengers #1 is even less likely. This isn't the comic publishing business.

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Marvel is now is the same boat with Cap and IM as Fox was with Wolverine- The actors were so well cast that they simply aren't recast-able in the near term.  So they simply won't. Thor's probably good for 1 more solo movie and maybe ensemble in GOTG #3. Which will wrap up that ensemble cast as well. Then he's done, aged out. ScarJo will get her Black Widow Prequel, and it will likely be  a one and done. The remaining b-list Avengers (winter soldier, Falcon, Wanda, Vision, Hawkeye) are getting relegated to Disney+, which means they won't get solo movies, and therefore likely no more Avengers movies.  I think Feige has more or less stated the next few years will just about putting out solo movies, much like Phase 1 was, without any heavy tie-in's or over-arching plan.  He's buying his time while the scope out what to do with the Fox merger. In many ways, the Fox merger contributed to the decisions to end the Avengers, and to go out with a bang and not try to drag it out or spend huge sums to lure the main actors back for one more hurrah. 

Feige has already stated the X-Men need to lie fallow for a few years, and let the stench of the Fox movies fade.  I think the FF is the next, most logical Tent-Pole for the MCU.  It's family oriented, which fits with Disney's business model, has relatively well known characters but not very strong associations with previous actors or movies. It's fresh territory. Fresh Villains (Doom is the new Loki, and work there way up to Galactus as the new Thanos.) Surfer as the new Thor.  You have Captain Marvel, and new territory with, Kree/Skrulls, Eternals. MOKF is you're more street level characters, that's a little tougher to weave in, but who knows if Moon Knight and others round that out.  There's plenty of new stuff to keep the MCU going the next 10 years.

But we have seen the last of the Avengers in the MCU for now.  SO long as Feige is at the helm, and has proven successful, they won't backtrack and reboot or rebrand it.  Cap, IM, and Thor were the backbone of the Avengers, built off their solo movies. Those actors defined those characters for this era. There's no Avengers #5 in the next 10 years, and a new Avengers #1 is even less likely. This isn't the comic publishing business.

Mmm, I wouldn't undersell the "remaining" MCU cast so fast. Spider-Man aside since he's Sony,  Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange are your new franchise backbone, and that's not bad. They currently don't have the relationship love/hate that Stark/Rogers had, but we also aren't building towards another Civil War, so the infighting is done (which made for good drama, I admit). I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decides to make a new Thor Trilogy based off Ragnarok. He has the stories left to do one. The Guardians are like the Avengers now, they can have a rotating roster. DOn't be surprised to see Adam Warlock, of course, but maybe Moondragon, Bug, Super-Skrull, the last Nova Corps member (which was destroyed by Thanos) or whoever, join the Guardians to create a new story arc. The Disney Plus shows aren't a relegation. They tie-in to the movies now. Sure, Wanda and Vision aren't getting a solo movie, but they can still be Avengers for the next big event movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the Captain Marvel movies serve as past Captain America movies did, and become mini-Avengers movies, with a regular active roster (like that team at the end of Ultron and beginning of Civil War) with heroes like Professor Hulk, War Machine, Ant-Man and the Wasp (who also are probably going to get a third movie). The Eternals, I think, are going to be a huge part of the future plan for the MCU, and may play into the next big event movie (you think Disney/Marvel doesn't want to do another of these with all the money Infinity War and Endgame are making?) And I think Shang Chi may not be as street level as some may believe. He might be a little more than just kung fu.

And on Silver Surfer. I love the Surfer. But I think he may be getting overestimated as a franchisable character. A cool character for sure, but I just don't see him being relatable and human enough to connect with general audiences, unless they really focus on his Norrin Radd persona. But the Surfer may make a better supporting character for the Fantastic Four (another cinematic problem) as he is in the comics. After all, I don't recall the Surfer ever being able to support a series that did very well. He was always great guest starring, but couldn't sell as a solo character. No eyeballs, maybe?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Feige has already stated the X-Men need to lie fallow for a few years, and let the stench of the Fox movies fade.

That's actually NOT what Kevin Feige said. That's your opinion being inserted with his words. :baiting:

Kevin Feige Says ‘It Will Be a Very Long Time’ Until the X-Men Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe

“It’ll be a while,” Feige said when asked about bringing the X-Men into the MCU. “It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

So there already was a five-year plan. To break it up when he has lined up casting, crew and finances would set the MCU plan back losing scheduling spots which are also already committed to with Disney.

33 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Mmm, I wouldn't undersell the "remaining" MCU cast so fast. Spider-Man aside since he's Sony,  Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange are your new franchise backbone, and that's not bad. They currently don't have the relationship love/hate that Stark/Rogers had, but we also aren't building towards another Civil War, so the infighting is done (which made for good drama, I admit). I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decides to make a new Thor Trilogy based off Ragnarok. He has the stories left to do one. The Guardians are like the Avengers now, they can have a rotating roster. DOn't be surprised to see Adam Warlock, of course, but maybe Moondragon, Bug, Super-Skrull, the last Nova Corps member (which was destroyed by Thanos) or whoever, join the Guardians to create a new story arc. The Disney Plus shows aren't a relegation. They tie-in to the movies now. Sure, Wanda and Vision aren't getting a solo movie, but they can still be Avengers for the next big event movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the Captain Marvel movies serve as past Captain America movies did, and become mini-Avengers movies, with a regular active roster (like that team at the end of Ultron and beginning of Civil War) with heroes like Professor Hulk, War Machine, Ant-Man and the Wasp (who also are probably going to get a third movie). The Eternals, I think, are going to be a huge part of the future plan for the MCU, and may play into the next big event movie (you think Disney/Marvel doesn't want to do another of these with all the money Infinity War and Endgame are making?) And I think Shang Chi may not be as street level as some may believe. He might be a little more than just kung fu.

And on Silver Surfer. I love the Surfer. But I think he may be getting overestimated as a franchisable character. A cool character for sure, but I just don't see him being relatable and human enough to connect with general audiences, unless they really focus on his Norrin Radd persona. But the Surfer may make a better supporting character for the Fantastic Four (another cinematic problem) as he is in the comics. After all, I don't recall the Surfer ever being able to support a series that did very well. He was always great guest starring, but couldn't sell as a solo character. No eyeballs, maybe?

I didn't bring up BP and DS as they will hopefully continue their 3 picture arc, but they will tell their own stories more likely, and not build up to a Team like the Avengers Intitiative did.  Antman/Wasp will get their 3rd act. Not sure if they stick around past that. Just being practical, Rudd is 50, Cheadle is old, War Machine is likely done. Not to mention, who's gonna be upgrading all this IM style tech without Stark? Prof Hulk might stick around for bit.  IfF they did introduce Silver Surfer, you've a lot closer to the early Defenders Roster, and with Valkyrie to boot.  The Defenders non-team concept fits better with the less tightly affiliated remaining MCU characters than the Avengers concept in the absence of Cap, Thor, IM.  Those are the only 3 characters that never did a stint with the Defenders. I agree Silver Surfer would be a tough solo film, unless they really went serious with some sort of space opera type story.

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That's actually NOT what Kevin Feige said. That's your opinion being inserted with his words. :baiting:

Kevin Feige Says ‘It Will Be a Very Long Time’ Until the X-Men Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe

So there already was a five-year plan. To break it up when he has lined up casting, crew and finances would set the MCU plan back losing scheduling spots which are also already committed to with Disney.

the net result is the same, and he's not going to state it in public (not with 1 remaining X-Men flick in the can to be released)  Hugh Jackman was all that made the Fox Mutant films even remotely interesting. Every last bit of that has to be burned from the publics memory before they consider revisiting any of it.

4 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

the net result is the same, and he's not going to state it in public (not with 1 remaining X-Men flick in the can to be released)  Hugh Jackman was all that made the Fox Mutant films even remotely interesting. Every last bit of that has to be burned from the publics memory before they consider revisiting any of it.

All that dislike is going to make your travels that much less fun. Have a little Chillin' The Roast. You'll feel better.

chillin-the-roast-truffles-detail.png.70eff31bab79758322b36f6eabb2e87f.png

:insane::baiting:

7 hours ago, NamesJay said:

I don't know why the thought came to me, but I got a little teary eyed realizing Stan the Man wasn't able to see this epic finale.

I wish he could have seen not just Endgame, but Into the Spiderverse.  If he only could have stayed with us just a little bit longer.  :|  

12 hours ago, justafan said:

I couldn't even get onto the amc website or a for the first 8 hours of its release and when I did all friday, sat, and Sunday showings were sold out. 

It took me 35 minutes to get tix for all 3 days. Emagine's website kept crashing, and crashing, and crashing.

I was dedicated, though. I didn't do a lick of work until all 3 days were secured. lol

7 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Stan got to live the finale.

He had such an amazing career and life. I'm sure TOAA is looking down and smiling at all the happiness he has shared with the world.

39 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

All that dislike is going to make your travels that much less fun. Have a little Chillin' The Roast. You'll feel better.

chillin-the-roast-truffles-detail.png.70eff31bab79758322b36f6eabb2e87f.png

:insane::baiting:

Chunky Monkey is my poison of choice but this would cool my burning dislike foe the Age of Apocalypse movie:)

16 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Chunky Monkey is my poison of choice but this would cool my burning dislike foe the Age of Apocalypse movie:)

That film was definitely a big disappointment for the most part.

But so many of the others still stand as solid (X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, The Wolverine Acts 1 & 2, Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2). I wish the studios could have worked together on a joint effort to bring the X-Men and Avengers together much soon with the early cast.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

FYI - Americone Dream and Strawberry Cheesecake are the best Ben & Jerry's flavors.

Haagen Dazs used to have a Sea Salt Caramel Gelato that was the tits, but went away for some reason... :(

They maintain a graveyard of retired flavors. It's pretty wild what they have put to bed that otherwise was decent.

Ben & Jerry's Flavor Graveyard