• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe Spider-Man Far From Home will deal with it more seriously, I don't know, it was just a guess. But Spider-Man Homecoming never got too serious, almost like a Disney teen movie, so it's an educated guess. 

I did like the subtle approach in Endgame though, when Hulk brought everything back. I liked the first indication of something being different was sunlight shining through the window and birdsong, followed by a phone call.

I'm not sure how many of the casual fans will really even care, but I can't say for sure that all of those kids are supposed to be Peter's friends from 5 years ago. Just the one and maybe he had dusted as well. Re-integrating half the population into a society that probably moved on should be a HUGE issue, but I'm not sure it promotes the Marvel story-line so how much they address it will just have to be seen.

43 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Ugh, that’s sounds like a cop out to me- just ignore the ramifications of the 5 year effect. Remember how devastating the snap was as portrayed in the IG after credits screen with Fury, and cars wrecking, planes crashing - imagine all the related deaths that occurred with pilots winking out, mothers driving kids to school, etc, etc. Then they just reappear? When Hulk brought everyone back into the 5YL present they deliberately downplayed the effect, didn’t show a single person reappear- just a few birds outside the Avengers compound. Both Tony and Hulk wielded the Infinity Gauntlet and with a thought could have corrected everything- or had the heroes reappear right there, or cured cancer, anything - the suspension of disbelief does have its limits - the 5 year thing just seems like a sloppy plot point.

Comic Book Science.

1552487-hercules___pulling_manhattan.jpg

I remember reading IG way back when and thinking it was great! I watched the movie and came out of the theater thinking it was pretty good.

I think the book got a better reaction out of me. Was it better? Can't really say ... even though the major plot was similar, they're so different.

11 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I remember reading IG way back when and thinking it was great! I watched the movie and came out of the theater thinking it was pretty good.

I think the book got a better reaction out of me. Was it better? Can't really say ... even though the major plot was similar, they're so different.

Too different to compare.

I love them both for what they are. One of the better comic events and best movies I've ever read and seen.

4 hours ago, Mayor006 said:

I'm not sure how many of the casual fans will really even care, but I can't say for sure that all of those kids are supposed to be Peter's friends from 5 years ago. Just the one and maybe he had dusted as well. Re-integrating half the population into a society that probably moved on should be a HUGE issue, but I'm not sure it promotes the Marvel story-line so how much they address it will just have to be seen.

It was never really specified that it was an even 50% across all possible population groupings. It could be as simple as the entirety of Peter's neighborhood / community was snapped out. Maybe whole cities got snapped while others were left with minimal or no people disappearing. It could have just been luck of the draw (or lack thereof). For example, only 2 (Rocket & Nebula) of the remaining 6 (SL, Groot, Mantis, Drax) GOTG survived the snap. 

19 minutes ago, Antpark said:

It was never really specified that it was an even 50% across all possible population groupings. It could be as simple as the entirety of Peter's neighborhood / community was snapped out. Maybe whole cities got snapped while others were left with minimal or no people disappearing. It could have just been luck of the draw (or lack thereof). For example, only 2 (Rocket & Nebula) of the remaining 6 (SL, Groot, Mantis, Drax) GOTG survived the snap. 

Thanos mentioned in IG that it was totally at random.  He quantified it as "fair".

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Infinity War, you mean.

"At random. Dispassionate, fair, to rich and poor alike."

I thought that was in reference to the lotto on his home planet of Titan?

3 minutes ago, Antpark said:

I thought that was in reference to the lotto on his home planet of Titan?

His intentions for the completed Gauntlet were the same. He thought it was his "destiny" to save Titan, and then it was his "destiny" to save the universe.

He's easily less empathetic in Endgame and realizes that using the Gauntlet to eliminate half of the universe at random was a mistake. He should've killed the heroes before they had that single chance.

Wait a minute, there's a lot going on in this thread, but this part is making my brain scream: do some of you guys really think that every woman with short hair is a lesbian??? My follow up question to those who answer in the affirmative would be: Have you actually ever met a woman, in person? 

7 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Wait a minute, there's a lot going on in this thread, but this part is making my brain scream: do some of you guys really think that every woman with short hair is a lesbian??? My follow up question to those who answer in the affirmative would be: Have you actually ever met a woman, in person? 

I have direct  knowledge that this is not true My shorthairs have been with a few short hairs

44 minutes ago, faster friends said:

I work with a bunch of lesbians. 90% have short hair. To each their own. They are the nicest ladies.

The enlightenment in this thread is simply blinding.

According to my very reliable sources, none of these ladies is a lesbian. I also personally know five lesbians. One of them has short hair.

charlize.jpg

robin.jpg

karen.jpg

brie.jpg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The en

The enlightenment in this thread is simply blinding.

According to my very reliable sources, none of these ladies is a lesbian. I also personally know five lesbians. One of them has short hair.

charlize.jpg

robin.jpg

karen.jpg

brie.jpg

Simply no good can come of this discussion...