• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 3.57.07 PM.png

No surprise.  Ragnarok was so successful and received such positive reviews (though, i'm in the minority that honestly disliked it) that it was bound to get at least another movie with Taika at the helm.  I personally think the character is more enjoyable in an ensemble movie than a solo film.  (But like i said, i'm biased and consider Dark World and Ragnarok two of the weaker Marvel entries.)

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Wait a minute, there's a lot going on in this thread, but this part is making my brain scream: do some of you guys really think that every woman with short hair is a lesbian??? My follow up question to those who answer in the affirmative would be: Have you actually ever met a woman, in person? 

It’s astonishing, the level of immaturity and lack of life experience in a comic book thread on the internet. 

Oh wait a minute - no it’s not!

1 hour ago, faster friends said:

Not sure what you mean. I know these women personally 

What he’s saying is that if you work in a building with 10 cars and 90% of them are a Honda, THAT doesn’t mean that 90% of ALL cars in the world are a Honda. 

It’s a big world out there.

Just now, Chuck Gower said:

What he’s saying is that if you work in a building with 10 cars and 90% of them are a Honda, THAT doesn’t mean that 90% of ALL cars in the world are a Honda. 

No where did I say that at all. I stated what I know to be true. I work on a campus of 2000 people. 

75% are woman. Of the ones that I personally know that are lesbians, 90% of those have short hair. That is a fact I know.

I in No way inferred it was a universal constant. Just stating my observations.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

To be explicitly clear...

IF, and that is a big if, all lesbians have short hair, not all women with short hair are lesbians.

Or more generally (like the Honda/car example)...all women are humans but not all humans are women.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

To be explicitly clear...

IF, and that is a big if, all lesbians have short hair, not all women with short hair are lesbians.

Or more generally (like the Honda/car example)...all women are humans but not all humans are women.

Not sure why you keep defending this position. No one ever claimed otherwise.

there is no short hair conspiracy 

1 hour ago, faster friends said:

I work with a bunch of lesbians. 90% have short hair. To each their own. They are the nicest ladies.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Wait a minute, there's a lot going on in this thread, but this part is making my brain scream: do some of you guys really think that every woman with short hair is a lesbian??? My follow up question to those who answer in the affirmative would be: Have you actually ever met a woman, in person? 

I thought her short hair style was to kind of mimic what she looks like when she goes full-on laser-lady powers, which is to say, she looks kinda like Firestorm. 

11 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Not sure why you keep defending this position. No one ever claimed otherwise.

there is no short hair conspiracy 

He'll get back to you in a little bit. The birds were picking at the tin again.

conspiracytheory01.PNG.5624182bab2eb5bd78b03e40d202342a.PNG

1 hour ago, Bird said:

actually I think i was wrong, at least in the sense that MCU gave capt marvel a haircut to emphasize any implied sexual orientation. turns out that's her current haircut in the comics so perhaps it was the comics that chose to emphasize it and MCU just followed suit. I'm not against her being portayed as a lesbian if that's even what they are going for, i just asumed they were going to attempt to be more ambiguous about it. frankly i just dont like the way it looks on her. my lesbian friends all agree that haircut screams coming out haircut. who knows.