• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

This whole conversation and the conclusion from some people just blows my mind. People say they like Black Widow and Scarlet Witch and didn't like Captain Marvel or  her movie and the response is basically "they are sidekicks and you hate women"

That's really what you are going for here when someone just doesn't agree that a movie is good? racist feminist? haha ok 

A few people here took the blue pill, that is for sure

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Don't get me wrong, I loved Wonder Woman. I just liked Captain Marvel better and thought it was a more feminist film for people who look for such things.

Of course it is okay whatever you like. But to assume Captain Marvel was more for feminist missed out on the massive female response to Wonder Woman. To include large viewing parties with ladies and their daughters to celebrate its release.

I didn't even have to look hard. Nor did I want to dig for something to drive home a social concern. It was all there, and strong as can be in impact.

1 minute ago, drotto said:

Somewhat off the current topic.  On second viewing, I think Bucky knew what Cap was going to do at the end and either turned down or approved of Steve giving the shield to Sam.

It's been noted (but buried with all the other discussions) based on his telling Cap he will miss him, and then telling Sam to go to him like he realized in advance what was going to happen.

19 minutes ago, drotto said:

Somewhat off the current topic.  On second viewing, I think Bucky knew what Cap was going to do at the end and either turned down or approved of Steve giving the shield to Sam.

lol

but not the topic of the thread

Edited by paperheart

26 minutes ago, drotto said:

Bucky knew via anamnesis.    

He himself, Phil declared, was of the firm conviction that no one had ever invented anything. All we ever do, he said, is discover truths that have always been there, waiting to see the light of day and find their inventor.  

Emmanuel Carrere, I am Alive and You are Dead, A Journey into the Mind of Philip K

Something that has been bugging me about the movie - is the lack of Hulk actually fighting, I wanted him to throw down with Thanos. 

I get that they went professor Hulk - but I wanted that fight 😡 

don’t get me wrong Cap duel wielding his shield and Thor’s Hammer was insane - but I wanted Hulk to get his rematch. I really think it was a big miss not having it. 

That being said - some pretty epic fights: loved the 3 originals going toe to toe with thanos, loved Wanda doing her thing, loved the Captain marvel scene where he headbutts  her and she just takes it and smirks. 

Although I do wish Thanos killed Cap in battle and that his sacrifice was the rallying moment - but c’est la vie :) 

Wanda is officially the strongest character the MCU now, prove me wrong. :nyah:  I am actually very happy she finally got her moment in this film, plus on of the better hear me roar lines.

We have proof.

1. She was the only character that could destroy an infinity stone solo, not using the stones to destroy themselves. 

2. She was the only character that had Thanos beaten one on one.  The only reason she "lost" was he unleashed the rain of fire which distracted (not hurt) her and gave Thanos an escape route.  While Thor, Captain America, and even Captain Marvel (yes he used a bit of power stone trickery, but honestly Thanos had taken a beating by then himself) all got beaten by him.

Edited by drotto

2 hours ago, drotto said:

Wanda is officially the strongest character the MCU now, prove me wrong. :nyah:  I am actually very happy she finally got her moment in this film, plus on of the better hear me roar lines.

We have proof.

1. She was the only character that could destroy an infinity stone solo, not using the stones to destroy themselves. 

2. She was the only character that had Thanos beaten one on one.  The only reason she "lost" was he unleashed the rain of fire which distracted (not hurt) her and gave Thanos an escape route.  While Thor, Captain America, and even Captain Marvel (yes he used a bit of power stone trickery, but honestly Thanos had taken a beating by then himself) all got beaten by him.

Thanos wasn't wearing the Infinity Gauntlet when Wanda cracked him like a walnut....he WAS wearing it when facing off against Captain Marvel. 

..'Liked' it, didn't 'Love' it.

Infinity War was better (i knew it was an impossible act to 'top') but again, 'good' finish, just not 'great'. 

The MCU going forward will see diminishing returns if it's heading where i think it is based on some 'moments' in this movie (not sold on Capt. Marvel -sorry).

Dr. Strange 'may' have a bigger second outing due to his exposure in these last two movies. Black Panther will also be an impossible act to follow next time around, but more so on box office numbers than the story which was the hurdle for Endgame. 2c

That being said, if folks who have always looked down on the genre or passed because they think giant monsters are silly give Godzilla:KOTM a chance (and it delivers like i think it will), it could be force to reckoned with. 

But i'm a huge Zilla head so my opinion is biased (:

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Did anyone in this thread ask why Ned was still in High School 5 years later?

We are assuming he had been dusted also. Rumor has it that the Spidy movie will address the issue that same of Peter's  classmates will now be older and graduated, while many just came back and are unaged. 

Just now, drotto said:

We are assuming he had been dusted also. Rumor has it that the Spidy movie will address the issue that same of Peter's  classmates will now be older and graduated, while many just came back and are unaged. 

I asked because their reaction to seeing each other, or at least Ned's reaction, was one of "Oh My God! You're Alive...I thought you were dead all these years". But Peter, when talking to Tony said that it was, to him a moment between turning to dust and being alive again. If they both got Thanos'd in Infinity War then their age, and being in HS makes sense. If not, then we can only assume Ned dropped the ball HARD academically. lol 

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Did anyone in this thread ask why Ned was still in High School 5 years later?

I think a couple of times. But with so many topics, it's easy to get buried.

As was noted, it's a Far From Home supposed planned item to be addressed. But overall having half the world's population back after 5 years in an instant would be a massive challenge to address in one film. Along with all the food and relationship impacts, too.

3 hours ago, sagii said:

Dr. Strange 'may' have a bigger second outing due to his exposure in these last two movies.

This is a really good point. As in the end wasn't it Doctor Strange and his fellow socerers which allowed all the heroes to teleport to the final battle, crouch down into superhero pose ( 😀 now Deadpool should have appeared) and win the day?

Plus, he gave the signal to Tony THIS was that one winnable moment leading to his taking action at a critical time. An unsung hero with a sequel too.

^^

8 hours ago, sagii said:

That being said, if folks who have always looked down on the genre or passed because they think giant monsters are silly give Godzilla:KOTM a chance (and it delivers like i think it will), it could be force to reckoned with. 

Huge huge Godzilla fan here. But the American versions keep stinking it up, including the 2014 version (though it did okay at the box office). Then Japan shows the world how it's done with Shin Godzilla. That's how you do Godzilla. And the world can't get a sequel to that awesome movie until after this American sequel. I'll see it, but expectations are lowered. 

Godzilla is a metaphor for Japan and should only be a Japanese production, imo.