• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Anyone else see Marvel using time travel and alternate timelines as an easy way to get RDJ and Chris Evans back into the fold for future movies?  I think Endgame closed out their chapters pretty well, but $$$ always wins.  Besides, no Cap and Iron Man = no Avengers.  At least in my eyes.

Captain America and Iron Man were the reason the Avengers broke up in the first place. Maybe without those two egos butting heads now we'll have an Avengers team that actually gets along and fights bad guys instead of each other. Hmmm...

And the only way RDJ comes back as Stark is as an AI. And I wouldn't be surprised if destroying all those multiverses is the next big event coming down the pipeline, which I think was the purpose of Secret War.

12 hours ago, The Brain said:

Little late to the party here. Saw the movie today in I-MAX 3D.

The best payoff to a massive franchise EVER !!!!

For me, the penultimate moment  was Cap saying

" AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !!"

At that moment I was so choked up I forgot how

to breath.

Thank you all Marvel, well gone,

EXCELSIOR!!! 

I remember when people were, not really upset, but I guess annoyed that he didn't say that line in 2012. Then, Whedon threw in that tease at the end of Age of Ultron. It was a huge payoff when he said it in Endgame. Couldn't agree with you more.

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:

Have there been talks in this thread about the underwater earthquake? Or the reference to Braddock? AKA: teasers for Namor and Captain Britain?

Yes. It is most probably very true.

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Have there been talks in this thread about the underwater earthquake? Or the reference to Braddock? AKA: teasers for Namor and Captain Britain?

I am hoping that at least Namor gets brought into Phase 4 & this leads to "The Defenders"

(I mean, look how good Aquaman was for DC) 

:wishluck:

32 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Prediction: Captain Marvel will not be leading the Avengers in their next conflict.

in the new Spiderman trailer she's too 'busy' to help out.....too many frying pans in the fire.

14 minutes ago, krighton said:

in the new Spiderman trailer she's too 'busy' to help out.....too many frying pans in the fire.

I get that she's similar to Cap, in that they've both been through military training and have "Captain" in their hero title, but...

Black Panther is a King who leads the entire army of Wakanda. He'd be a better 'new Cap' while Spider-Man is the 'new Stark'.

A lot of these conversations are predicated on replacement of figureheads. Who’s to say the entire dynamic doesn’t change? Maybe there isn’t a “new stark”...maybe there isn’t a “new cap”. Maybe we’ll see something completely different that isn’t a 1-for-1 with what we’re used to...

Food for thought...

10 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

A lot of these conversations are predicated on replacement of figureheads. Who’s to say the entire dynamic doesn’t change? Maybe there isn’t a “new stark”...maybe there isn’t a “new cap”. Maybe we’ll see something completely different that isn’t a 1-for-1 with what we’re used to...

Food for thought...

This is no place for logic and progress.

Gtfo.

12 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Food for thought...

I understand this theory for the future. What if we just see another set of individual movies leading to a formation of another team? What if we get Spider-Man (movie), Kate Bishop (Hawkeye streaming), Speed & Wiccan (Wanda/Vision streaming) lead the way to "The Champions/Young Avengers" or Namor, Hulk, Doctor Strange movies leading to "Defenders" ?

Also, what if there is never another Avengers movie?

With Eternals being produced, maybe we will see more space teams and/or movies. Possibly move stories away from Earth/America and see Captain Britain, Namor, Nova, etc. 

16 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

I understand this theory for the future. What if we just see another set of individual movies leading to a formation of another team? What if we get Spider-Man (movie), Kate Bishop (Hawkeye streaming), Speed & Wiccan (Wanda/Vision streaming) lead the way to "The Champions/Young Avengers" or Namor, Hulk, Doctor Strange movies leading to "Defenders" ?

Also, what if there is never another Avengers movie?

With Eternals being produced, maybe we will see more space teams and/or movies. Possibly move stories away from Earth/America and see Captain Britain, Namor, Nova, etc. 

Not sure if you're implying any solo Hulk films, but MS doesn't own the distribution rights to Hulk, which is why they haven't developed another solo film since Disney acquired them.

Allegedly, Marvel Studios is abandoning "Phases" and releasing the next 5 years of movies under 'street-level' and 'cosmic' designations ( not necessarily those labels).

I would be in favor of them ditching the Avengers films for more event titles. Like, instead of Avengers: Whatever, they have something called "Secret Wars". Then, you can unite the Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc without making it about a single group.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Hopefully not.  Spiderman needs to take the helm of the marvel universe... just like the comics. 

What do you mean?  Spider-Man never takes the helm of anything.  As a hero, he always has the most potential, we just never see that in the comics.  That's why there are issues of future characters that allude to Spider-Man being the best hero of them all, or Cap saying it at one point to boost his spirit.  But the Spider-Man we, the readers see, is always a little unsure and rarely in a position of command.

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Food for thought...

Wouldn't it make the most sense logically for Sam to take over?  I mean...he's Captain America.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Hopefully not.  Spiderman needs to take the helm of the marvel universe... just like the comics. 

First Spidy is not really the leader type in the comics.

Second and far more important, while Sony has joint rights and all the difficult legalities and royalties that come with that, Spidy will not lead the MCU.