• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

"Next Iron Man"? Nick Fury involved?

Spider-Man will lead the MCU now.

That seems like a difficult proposition being that only Sony can release stand-alone SpiderMan films?

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You must be confused.

Homecoming and Far From Home are both standalone Spider-Man films...

I think what he is getting at is the standalone Spidey movies are released by Sony, produced by Disney/MCU.

spidey01.PNG.fd9d44c3282a3f7daaafa9787646f153.PNG

spidey02.PNG.329df421b112a2eacb75495044f3bb69.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

He's a Marvel Studios character, though. That's all that matters.

He is. Though those two films (Homecoming, Far From Home) all of the revenue goes to Sony along with the costs. But the character is clearly all MCU.

Looking forward to what the next film agreement will be.

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

He's a Marvel Studios character, though. That's all that matters.

Not sure on that. If I was mister bidness-man at Disney I wouldn't want my lynchpin hero to be a property I didn't have full distribution rights to. I agree though, as a fan it is irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Not sure on that. If I was mister bidness-man at Disney I wouldn't want my lynchpin hero to be a property I didn't have full distribution rights to. I agree though, as a fan it is irrelevant.

But if you were a near bankrupt bidness-man you might sell the movie rights away for income especially if you didn't have a movie studio.

3 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

But if you were a near bankrupt bidness-man you might sell the movie rights away for income especially if you didn't have a movie studio.

5-6 years ago, Disney could have forced that topic like it did buying the Spider-Man merchandising rights back December 2011. Different times now with Sony.

Especially with Jumanji, Jumanji 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming and now Spider-Man: Far From Home. It's actually bringing in money now.

Sony Pictures Scores Profits of $211 Million in Second Quarter

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

5-6 years ago, Disney could have forced that topic like it did buying the Spider-Man merchandising rights back December 2011. Different times now with Sony.

Especially with Jumanji, Jumanji 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming and now Spider-Man: Far From Home. It's actually bringing in money now.

Well Disney wasn't in a position to force anything. Only Sony could have decided to sell the rights back. I was actually talking about when Marvel was on the ropes and was selling anything they could to stay afloat. I think right now Sony plays ball because there is more money to be made if they do.

27 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

That's why Marvel Studios' lynchpin hero will be Captain Marvel. That's if we're to believe Kevin Feige and common sense.

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think the current deal Disney was able to make with Sony after the failure of Amazing Spider-Man 2 was probably the best deal Disney could get. Sony will never give up Spidey unless it's some kind of "buy it all" deal like Fox.

25 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That's why Marvel Studios' lynchpin hero will be Captain Marvel. That's if we're to believe Kevin Feige and common sense.

The only common thing about "common sense", is that it's uncommon.

Define...lynchpin...

14 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Just so we're all clear, none of y'all know jack squat.

giphy.gif

I know Jack Squat. Isn't he the fellow that lives on Drury Lane.

Dang. That's the Muffin Man. My bad. :insane:

31 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think the current deal Disney was able to make with Sony after the failure of Amazing Spider-Man 2 was probably the best deal Disney could get. Sony will never give up Spidey unless it's some kind of "buy it all" deal like Fox.

Had nothing to do with ASM 2. Sony saw the benefit for letting Disney use SM in their films. Tons of great exposure and keeping SM in the public eye. The deal is Sony gives Disney nothing from their stand alone movies aside what a Producer would make after certain financial goals were met and Disney can use SM in their moves as supporting cast and pay Sony nothing from CA Civil War and Avengers. Fans love the deal because you get to see SM involved in the Marvel universe. Win Win Win