• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2019 at 9:24 AM, TwoPiece said:

It took me until the 3rd watch to feel like I truly have an understanding of most, if not all, of the movie.

I was also more excited to see it the 3rd time than bother previous days.

There are over 100 callbacks and homages in this movie, to the previous 20 films. A ton of them in the 3rd Act. It's crazy.

You :censored: saw it 3 times ALREADY and I'm still waiting to see it for the 2nd time this Wed!  WTF, am I doing wrong here!

37 minutes ago, Rip said:

I liked the all women scene. Was an awesome moment.

However I think do Captain Marvel's (Brie Larson's) character needs work. In her defense she filmed those scenes before the Captain Marvel movie. But I really find her a character to stand out a bit as clunky

I'm hoping they can retool her a bit.

it's called RECASTING

1 hour ago, krighton said:

Sorry Tony Stark is Iron Man, he even made that clear near the end....Pepper Potts is not Iron Man, anyone can wear the armor, but no human in the Marvel Universe,  besides Reed Richards,  has the tech savvy, smarts and deep felt humanity as the original man in the Iron Suit

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Uhhhhh, people become attached to characters.   It isn't going to be easy for audiences to see someone else playing Iron Man.  Plus RDJ is larger than life.   He was literally perfect for that part.   Not a fan of Chris Evans, and don't think it will be AS difficult to replace him.   Whoever, plays Iron Man will forever be measured against RDJ.  Tough.

I'm not saying to recast RDJ or replace him. I'm saying a what if Pepper Potts as CEO of Stark Enterprises decided to continue Stark's dream of a suit of armor around the world, what if she decides to keep Iron Man alive by keeping the suit operational but with a young team of remote operators. It might be kind of cool to sort of democratize the armor so that anybody could be in the armor, but not to replace Tony Stark, but honor him. And it might be cool if RDJ wants to stick around the MCU in a limited capacity by being a kind of AI for this effort to keep Iron Man alive.

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Uhhhhh, people become attached to characters.   It isn't going to be easy for audiences to see someone else playing Iron Man.  Plus RDJ is larger than life.   He was literally perfect for that part.   Not a fan of Chris Evans, and don't think it will be AS difficult to replace him.   Whoever, plays Iron Man will forever be measured against RDJ.  Tough.

Personally , I disagree with the Chris Evans comment ... I normally don’t care for him as an actor or his SJW political tirades ... however - I beloved his embodiment of Cap/ SR was spot on - I gotta hand it to Marvel - I really think they knocked it out of the park with casting ... especially the big 3 , I feel Hulk , Black widow and Hawkeye are replaceable characters more so .

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Emily Blunt > Brie Larson in basically every way possible.

Including rear-end.

Brie Larson --> 1 Academy Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture

Emily Blunt --> 0 Academy Awards or nominations (and she's like 10 years older)

Brie Larson is also way cuter than Emily Blunt.

2 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

If that’s the case then I assuming Loki always steals the cosmic cube ? The only event which wouldn’t replay is the Cap Vs Cap fight ( which was awesome ) and reminded me of the captain Britain cover

Alternate branch realities are created as soon as some change occurs in the timeline.  In this example, Tony always has a run in with the Senator in the lobby, but once Antman gives him a mild heart problem, a branch reality is created.  Thus, Loki only possesses the cube in that reality, not the Prime reality.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

However I think do Captain Marvel's (Brie Larson's) character needs work. In her defense she filmed those scenes before the Captain Marvel movie. But I really find her a character to stand out a bit as clunky

I'm hoping they can retool her a bit.

Captain Marvel has come to be the biggest thing I've been upset about in all the MCU.  Even more upsetting than Thor Dark World (the worst MCU movie).  I can't stop thinking about how overpowered she is.  In Hickman's run, she crashes into Hulk and starts pummeling him.  When the panel turns to Hulk, he's just relaxing and waiting for her to finish before punching her into space.  In the movie, Thanos uses a headbutt on Hulk and stuns/knocks him back before thoroughly wiping the floor with him.  (In Endgame, he does the same to Captain Marvel and it does nothing.)  Therefore, if A > B, and B > C, then A > C.  Similarly in the comics Thanos routintely defeats the likes of Silver Surfer.  So we're saying that Captain Marvel is stronger than the Silver Surfer too?  Her power levels are just absurd and it bothers me sooooo much.  :\

7 minutes ago, krighton said:

i didnt like her 'smirk' when Thor summoned her hammer...Captain Marvel should not smirk.

I dunno, seems in line with the character.  She's not super serious like Cap, but she's not a goofball like Scott.  She can be assertive when she needs to be, but also recognize when someone is trying to get under her skin by showing off some bravado and brush it off.

17 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Personally , I disagree with the Chris Evans comment ... I normally don’t care for him as an actor or his SJW political tirades ... however - I beloved his embodiment of Cap/ SR was spot on - I gotta hand it to Marvel - I really think they knocked it out of the park with casting ... especially the big 3 , I feel Hulk , Black widow and Hawkeye are replaceable characters more so .

I get you.  I dislike Evans and Ruffalo for their SJW antics.  And Johannson for that matter.  But a LOT of people have had the shield.  It's actually a great story to be told.  The embodiment of what the shield means and someone taking it that isn't worthy of it.

33 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Alternate branch realities are created as soon as some change occurs in the timeline.  In this example, Tony always has a run in with the Senator in the lobby, but once Antman gives him a mild heart problem, a branch reality is created.  Thus, Loki only possesses the cube in that reality, not the Prime reality.

Captain Marvel has come to be the biggest thing I've been upset about in all the MCU.  Even more upsetting than Thor Dark World (the worst MCU movie).  I can't stop thinking about how overpowered she is.  In Hickman's run, she crashes into Hulk and starts pummeling him.  When the panel turns to Hulk, he's just relaxing and waiting for her to finish before punching her into space.  In the movie, Thanos uses a headbutt on Hulk and stuns/knocks him back before thoroughly wiping the floor with him.  (In Endgame, he does the same to Captain Marvel and it does nothing.)  Therefore, if A > B, and B > C, then A > C.  Similarly in the comics Thanos routintely defeats the likes of Silver Surfer.  So we're saying that Captain Marvel is stronger than the Silver Surfer too?  Her power levels are just absurd and it bothers me sooooo much.  :\

Remember Thanos had the power stone when he wiped the floor with Hulk and he clearly used it (You could see it glowing and giving the sound cue). In Endgame he pulled off one of the stones and zapped her with it because he couldn't use them otherwise.

Edited by Rip