• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

For Disney's marketing and legal purposes, Carol is Captain Marvel. However, in the story so far, Carol Danvers isn't officially Captain Marvel yet. That name still belongs to Mar Vell. I'm assuming Nick Fury will call her that in the sequel and make it official.

And Carol is totally an Avenger.

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel is not an Avenger.

4 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

I was under the impression that only the Power Stone cant be held without feeling its effect.

With the time stone, Dr. Strange/Ancient One never actually seem to touch it. It floats along. The Hulk touches it, but he's the Hulk. The rest of the stones are either touched by non human (robot) hands of Ultron or Vision, or they are encased in something (tesseract, loki's scepter) that prevents direct contact. The Aether in it's smoke/ooze/whatever form possesses Jane Foster and is killing her from the inside before it's removed. Like Loki's scepter didn't work on Stark in the first Avengers film because he touched it to the arc reactor in his chest and not his flesh. 

Regular folks who come in direct physical contact with these things have a bad time. 

Edited by comix4fun

45 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

The Aether in it's smoke/ooze/whatever form possesses Jane Foster and is killing her from the inside before it's remove.

Some of the better scenes in Dark World. And it is interesting even then they were discussing a Quantum Field Generator. I never caught that until now.

Saw it this weekend with the missus, son, 6 of his buddies and a 2 other moms. Everybody liked it and had fun. It was a little too sprawling and detail-packed for me. And I think I expected a slightly more upbeat ending; I’m a bit bummed to think that’s it for characters and movies I’ve enjoyed.

16 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Saw it this weekend with the missus, son, 6 of his buddies and a 2 other moms. Everybody liked it and had fun. It was a little too sprawling and detail-packed for me. And I think I expected a slightly more upbeat ending; I’m a bit bummed to think that’s it for characters and movies I’ve enjoyed.

"Every journey has an end."

I think the MCU would completely lose its luster if there weren't lasting stakes. I think that Kevin Feige lived up to his word that Endgame finishes the Infinity Saga.

It wrapped up the stories for all 6 Original Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man's Quantum Realm adventures.

I think that Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther have the most room to grow going forward.

Doctor Strange's story might be the only thing that hasn't really been completed, yet. Dormammu and Mordo are still out there.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:29 PM, TwoPiece said:

Black Widow > Captain Marvel AINEC.

I enjoyed it more the second time around. The final fight was amazing especially the part where Thanos takes on Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America by himself. The CGI and 3D was really nice. First time around i think as on old fan I had ideas about what should/could happen that didn't materialize and even though I liked the movie it might not have lived up to my expectations. I accepted it for what it did give more the second time around so first viewing an 8.0 and 2nd maybe as high as 9.0

One thing I would have loved to see but didn't expect to happen would be Thanos to start seeing grown versions of Gamora in the death's robe and thus spawning his love affair with death. I thought with pale make up she could really look like death from the old comics. I thought it would have been a cool twist. 

Edited by mar-vell
typo

Just now, mar-vell said:

I enjoyed it more the second time around. The final fight was amazing especially the part where Thanos takes on Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America by himself. The CGI and #D was really nice. First time around i think as on old fan I had ideas about what should/could happen that didn't materialize and even though I liked the movie it might not have lived up to my expectations. I accepted it for what it did give more the second time around so first viewing an 8.0 and 2nd maybe as high as 9.0

One thing I would have loved to see but didn't expect to happen would be Thanos to start seeing grown versions of Gamora in the death's robe and thus spawning his love affair with death. I thought with pale make up she could really look like death from the old comics. I thought it would have been a cool twist. 

What is this!?

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

"Every journey has an end."

I think the MCU would completely lose its luster if there weren't lasting stakes. I think that Kevin Feige lived up to his word that Endgame finishes the Infinity Saga.

I agree...  For me, the fact there were consequences made it that much better.  Its only a movie yet there's a palpable emotional investment when the egg can't be unscrambled.  It also forces the MCU to come up with something amazing for the next phase.  In some respects I want them to quit making movies because I feel the bar has been set as high as it can go.  I don't see how they can top the Infinity Saga but I'm continually surprised by what they produce.    

4 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I agree...  For me, the fact there were consequences made it that much better.  Its only a movie yet there's a palpable emotional investment when the egg can't be unscrambled.  It also forces the MCU to come up with something amazing for the next phase.  In some respects I want them to quit making movies because I feel the bar has been set as high as it can go.  I don't see how they can top the Infinity Saga but I'm continually surprised by what they produce.    

There's a rumor that they're no longer producing "Phases" after Endgame.

I agree that the Infinity Saga seems unbeatable from a franchise lead-up perspective.With no MacGuffins and looming "ultimate threat" tying characters and stories together, how do they accomplish a distinct inter-weaving multiverse? Most of the characters until now have been reaching towards the same goal - preventing New York or killing Thanos before The Decimation. What could possibly bring all of the heroes together again? Is The Beyonder kidnapping all of the heroes in the end credits of their next movies? The Infinity Stones gave Marvel 6 different ways of bringing groups to the same Endgame. I know that Feige says he's basically "spent" after the last decade.

The Russo Bros. on Katherine Langford:

There was an idea that we had that Tony was going to go into the metaphysical way station that Thanos goes in when he snapped his fingers. And that there was going to be a future version of his daughter in that way station.

The intention was that his future daughter, because these films are dealing with magic, his future daughter forgave him and sort of gave him peace to go. And the idea felt resonant. But it was just too many ideas in an overly complicated movie.

What we realized about it was we didn’t feel an emotional association with the adult version of his daughter. So it wasn’t ringing to us and resonating with us on an emotional level.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

There was an idea that we had that Tony was going to go into the metaphysical way station that Thanos goes in when he snapped his fingers. And that there was going to be a future version of his daughter in that way station.

The intention was that his future daughter, because these films are dealing with magic, his future daughter forgave him and sort of gave him peace to go. And the idea felt resonant. But it was just too many ideas in an overly complicated movie.

What we realized about it was we didn’t feel an emotional association with the adult version of his daughter. So it wasn’t ringing to us and resonating with us on an emotional level.

So then wouldn't Bruce have seen Natasha in the Soul Stone then, just as Thanos saw young Gamora in the Stone in Infinity War? That might've been a good scene, or at least, a good moment.

9 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel, despite not being referred to that. Ever.

She isn't an Avenger, though.

The Far From Home trailer I believe is the first time Danvers is referred to as Captain Marvel.  But you're right I don't believe she's been called that in CM or EG.

In my mind, any of Nick Fury's direct recruits is an Avenger, including Carol.

Edited by 234wallst

10 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel is not an Avenger.

Fury named the Avengers Initiative after Captain Carol "Avenger" Danvers.  Of course she's not an Avenger.  That movie don't count, because I don't like it...

I warned you guys in the Captain Marvel thread that she would be in this movie and would ruin it, but you still had to buy tickets for multiple viewings over multiple weekends instead of catching up on Spaghetti Westerns.     

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Timeline fun.

It's a problem when the writers can't even abide by their own time travel rules.  It's also odd that they reference the Ancient One but then take the situation out of context.  A new timeline is created anytime something different occurs, whether it be an infinity stone being removed or a person appearing out of nowhere and dramatically altering the life of someone they interact with.

1 hour ago, Marwai said:

Fury named the Avengers Initiative after Captain Carol "Avenger" Danvers.  Of course she's not an Avenger.  That movie don't count, because I don't like it...

I warned you guys in the Captain Marvel thread that she would be in this movie and would ruin it, but you still had to buy tickets for multiple viewings over multiple weekends instead of catching up on Spaghetti Westerns.     

How could someone who's in the movie for less than 5 minutes ruin it?  O.o