• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

You anti-German you.

:baiting:

You're just mad Captain Marvel didn't fight all the battles.

I am 100% happy with the treatment of Captain Marvel in Endgame. She finally lost a couple battles!

Not sure if I'm a fan of the rally short hair, though. I didn't like it on Van Dyne, either.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If you look at the final scene, Cap went further back in time than 1970. That house and the cars and the music looked like post WWII to me, as in late 1940's.

That would make him 105 years old at the end, though.

He looked more like 80 (which he would be if he stayed in 1970).

You could be right. It's neither here, nor there, though. 1945, 1970, there's a branch in time no matter where he went and stayed.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If you look at the final scene, Cap went further back in time than 1970. That house and the cars and the music looked like post WWII to me, as in late 1940's.

Agreed.  40s or 50s.  Banjo clock on the wall is perfect for that period.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I don't think Professor Hulk is doing any more Avenging. One of his arms is basically useless.

I think Banner suffered the injury because it seemed to me he wasn't fully Hulked out. I think Banner's gamma essence will fully heal him back. 

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

That would make him 105 years old at the end, though.

He looked more like 80 (which he would be if he stayed in 1970).

You could be right. It's neither here, nor there, though. 1945, 1970, there's a branch in time no matter where he went and stayed.

You have to think also that Steve's a super soldier and should age slower. I'd have thought he'd look better than he did at the end of Endgame, actually.

3 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

According to Marvel history, Hulk has a healing factor on par with Wolverines.  

As much as I love the source material - Marvel Studios ain't Marvel Comics.

I expect that the damage from the Infinity Stones will stick.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

You have to think also that Steve's a super soldier and should age slower. I'd have thought he'd look better than he did at the end of Endgame, actually.

He's just "peak human condition", though.

For an 80-year old (or older), he looked peak condition to me.

I'll be lucky to be that in-shape or healthy-looking when I'm 50.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

As much as I love the source material - Marvel Studios ain't Marvel Comics.

I expect that the damage from the Infinity Stones will stick.

Doubtful, extra special fx costs.   It will just go away never to be mentioned again or will be explained why it's gone.

Alright, so, Top-5 moments of Endgame for everyone..? In no particular order, for me:

• Thor summoning the lightning, transforming, and dual-wielding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.
  • Cap dual-wielding, and using, both his shield and Mjolnir.
  • Return of The Decimated, with Cap saying, "Avengers Assemble".
  • Iron Man and Rescue fighting side-by-side.
  • "I am Iron Man" and the final snap.

I know, it's all in the last 45 minutes-or-so, but the greatness of the first 2 Acts just sets up such better moments in the 3rd.

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

As I said, according to Jim Starlin's Adam Warlock stories, the Soul Stone is almost alive and hungers. "A soul for a soul" totally works with Jim Starlin's interpretation as well as the MCU's. I don't think every sacrifice for the Soul Stone has to be some violent murder like Thanos did with Gamora. It can also be the situation with Clint and Natasha. It counts.

It is interesting when going back to Jim Starlin's work I had forgotten he called all of the Infinity Stones 'Soul Gems'. How far we have come.

But in the MCU, the Infinity Gems/Stones have slightly different lore associated with them. And in the case of the Soul Stone, this didn't even present itself until Infinity War. Digital Spy did a piece just on this Stone alone that helps frame up the requirement.

Avengers: Infinity War's Soul Stone explained

It's to be found on a peak on the planet Vormir, watched over by a surprisingly familiar face.

The thing is, to acquire the stone involves making the 'ultimate sacrifice' – ie killing the person you love the most. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on whose perspective you take), Thanos has brought along his favourite daughter. (This is just like Agamemnon and Iphigenia in Troy: Fall of a City all over again…) The good news, Gamora, is that he loves you much more than you thought. As for the bad news...

Thanos awakens in a pool at the base of the peak with the stone in his hand. The trophy for 'worst father of the year' is presumably in the post.

I'll have to go back and read how the Soul Stone factored into the comic book stories. Though the MCU doesn't actually follow those stories, as many have noted before.

1 minute ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Doubtful, extra special fx costs.   It will just go away never to be mentioned again or will be explained why it's gone.

Agree to disagree, then.

On the topic of VFX: They gave Professor Hulk the Thanos treatment in Endgame. And by that, I mean that Hulk's CG looked literally perfect. Thanos, in contrast to Infinity War, was not on the same level. It makes sense though, considering that IW was Thanos' movie, and this one was for the heroes.

15 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I am 100% happy with the treatment of Captain Marvel in Endgame. She finally lost a couple battles!

Not sure if I'm a fan of the rally short hair, though. I didn't like it on Van Dyne, either.

That was her 'stunt double'.

capmarvel01.PNG.4f6d913bfbbea3f2e8d52126d20fad1c.PNG

Get over it. :baiting:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Digital Spy did a piece just on this Stone alone that helps frame up the requirement.

Avengers: Infinity War's Soul Stone explained

It's to be found on a peak on the planet Vormir, watched over by a surprisingly familiar face.

The thing is, to acquire the stone involves making the 'ultimate sacrifice' – ie killing the person you love the most. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on whose perspective you take), Thanos has brought along his favourite daughter. (This is just like Agamemnon and Iphigenia in Troy: Fall of a City all over again…) The good news, Gamora, is that he loves you much more than you thought. As for the bad news...

Thanos awakens in a pool at the base of the peak with the stone in his hand. The trophy for 'worst father of the year' is presumably in the post.

That's Digital Spy's (who are they?) interpretation, and I wouldn't call them or whomever yahoo wrote the article an official source for the MCU. The Red Skull simply said "a soul for a soul." He didn't say "you must kill and murder someone you love against their will." Red Skull's words are open to interpretation. Clint and Natasha's sacrifice works and was more heartbreaking than Gamora's sacrifice, imo.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Agree to disagree, then.

On the topic of VFX: They gave Professor Hulk the Thanos treatment in Endgame. And by that, I mean that Hulk's CG looked literally perfect. Thanos, in contrast to Infinity War, was not on the same level. It makes sense though, considering that IW was Thanos' movie, and this one was for the heroes.

Wow.  I HATED the Hulk CGI.  Thought it was terrible.  Literally worst part of the movie.  (Movie I really liked.  Just thought there were some poor choices made.).   lol

Agree with Bosco, dont think Clint sacrificed anyone. Not trying to be a spoon here but Thanos sacrificing Gamora was for me the best scene in infinity war. In endgame, it was easier for them to sacrifice themselves than each other. Once again, just being an here. It didnt mar the movie whatsoever.