• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did that get in there? What's in the case?
3 3

181 posts in this topic

I am starting this topic as today I received a CGC graded comic and the first thing I noticed was the Newton Rings, however upon closer inspection there was a line that had none. That's when I noticed a long dyed or bleached hair inside the inner well against the cover of the book.  Now this isn't any high grade (it's 9.4) or super valuable book , and like most I laugh. Although if the hair was freshly bleached or dyed it could actually equate to a real problem for a high dollar book as it could bleach out a line on the cover or leech dye and if regraded could come back as a color touch. Ok back on topic it has me wondering what is the weirdest thing that has ever made it's way into a CGC case? Like the doc who forgot to remove the gauze during a surgery. I am curious what's in the case? Anyone ? Show us your , " what's that doing in there?"

IMG_20190424_160038216~2.jpg

I've had hair before, a long squiggly one...

Since I don't hold grudges, I didn't keep the pic... :eek:

but Brittany McManus took care of it at no cost to me... if you need her email let me know...

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've had hair before, a long squiggly one...

Since I don't hold grudges, I didn't keep the pic... :eek:

but Brittany McManus took care of it at no cost to me... if you need her email let me know...

I believe it is bmcmanus@cgccomics.com 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's getting to the point where they need to require a hair net in the encapsulation room.

Thank you . I will reach out. Not holding a grudge. Was kind of surprised. It was the first I had seen. And  interesting enough this book had a lot of Newton Rings except where that hair is, but now that you brought it up. The new look in the grading room.

Screenshot_20190424-201846~2.png

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Thank you . I will reach out. Not holding a grudge. Was kind of surprised. It was the first I had seen. And  interesting enough this book had a lot of Newton Rings except where that hair is, but now that you brought it up. The new look in the grading room.

Screenshot_20190424-201846~2.png

I would have chose the Chris farley lunch lady haha...

Oh i know you weren't holding a grudge though ;)

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would have chose the Chris farley lunch lady haha...

Oh i know you weren't holding a grudge though ;)

Awwww... Completely missed that opportunity, that's ok. Now that it's in my head we can sing it in a duet.. " hoagies and grinders "

Screenshot_20190424-202902~2.png

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am starting this topic as today I received a CGC graded comic and the first thing I noticed was the Newton Rings, however upon closer inspection there was a line that had none. That's when I noticed a long dyed or bleached hair inside the inner well against the cover of the book.  Now this isn't any high grade (it's 9.4) or super valuable book , and like most I laugh. Although if the hair was freshly bleached or dyed it could actually equate to a real problem for a high dollar book as it could bleach out a line on the cover or leech dye and if regraded could come back as a color touch. Ok back on topic it has me wondering what is the weirdest thing that has ever made it's way into a CGC case? Like the doc who forgot to remove the gauze during a surgery. I am curious what's in the case? Anyone ? Show us your , " what's that doing in there?"

It is altogether possible that you're being incredibly dismissive and are failing to consider that quite accidentally, fate may have intervened and dealt you possession of a key piece of evidence and the opportunity of a lifetime to provide evidence for some ground breaking case that has yet to be solved!  That hair might be the key to solving a crime! Couldn't happen, you say? Remember, a blue dress, a cigar butt, and a pair of well-worn, heavily stained women's knee pads once almost brought down a King from his throne. (worship)

Who knows what secrets this hair holds. I'd look into the matter before cavalierly and summarily disposing of it. hm

34 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

My buddy had a $5K+ slab that had several blades of grass trapped inside. Is the CGC groundskeeper also the slab q.c. person?

After analysis of the DNA and evidence of both hair in one, and grass in another. Our current suspect is...

Screenshot_20190424-233509~2.png

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Grammar

12 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Many moons ago there was a thread here that had examples of all kinds of slab debris.  I believe one slab actually had a dead bug in it :sick:

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Many moons ago there was a thread here that had examples of all kinds of slab debris.  I believe one slab actually had a dead bug in it :sick:

Yeah, I think that was a Watson book.