• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did that get in there? What's in the case?
3 3

181 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
25 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yeah, I think that was a Watson book. 

I think you’re right.   Where is Watson these days?

Over on the Voldy boards. 

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
10 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Over on the Voldy boards. 

Voldy?  

competitor grading company that also starts with "C" :foryou: 

4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is Borock still heading up that company?

They're owned by Beckett sports card grading service and are now located here in Dallas TX, so I'm not sure... that's really all I know...

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Many moons ago there was a thread here that had examples of all kinds of slab debris.  I believe one slab actually had a dead bug in it :sick:

I think I saw that one in the worst Stan Lee CGC SS post..

Screenshot_20190425-100849~2.png

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I think I saw that one in the worst Stan Lee CGC SS post..

Screenshot_20190425-100849~2.png

Believe it or not I'm walking on air I'dhave done that and subbed it if I'd known how renowned it would be....

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Believe it or not I'm walking on air I'dhave done that and subbed it if I'd known how renowned it would be....

It always turns out to be the things we never think will be popular , end up being popular..

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
22 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is Borock still heading up that company?

They're owned by Beckett sports card grading service and are now located here in Dallas TX, so I'm not sure... that's really all I know...

He's still grading there. I have no idea as to how he fits into the company structure after the buyout, though.

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Speaking of that anyone got a Vanilla Ice CGC SS TMNT ?:wishluck:

:roflmao:good times, and the rap at the end of TMNT #1 lol I remember recording on tape and listening to in class, thinking I was so cool playing some b-ball outside of the school 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:roflmao:good times, and the rap at the end of TMNT #1 lol I remember recording on tape and listening to in class, thinking I was so cool playing some b-ball outside of the school 

I know.. Right?  Plus figured this would fit perfectly on topic...

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I know.. Right?  Plus figured this would fit perfectly on topic...

I've seen ICE signature series, but I don't remember it being TMNT. A movie adaptation of TMNT #2 would be cool, if there is such :foryou: 

On 4/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Now this isn't any high grade (it's 9.4) or super valuable book

Hey!  That's not what you said when you sold it to me!! :roflmao:

Put this in the mail today to get reslabbed.  Asked about free reholdering last week and but never heard back.  I couldn't wait... was worried about getting hair all over all of my other stuff.

14 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Hey!  That's not what you said when you sold it to me!! :roflmao:

Put this in the mail today to get reslabbed.  Asked about free reholdering last week and but never heard back.  I couldn't wait... was worried about getting hair all over all of my other stuff.

Let's be fair here.. I did disclosed all of its issues and even told you about this topic I created specifically about the book so you could see and judge for yourself as well as offer a choice between this and another copy. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was less than honest about any of my transactions. I am glad it found a good home. It sucks to hear they didn't get back to you about the reholder. I hope it comes back better than what they did to it. Although if enough hair gets into it could be a rare " Addams Family  cousin IT edition" or maybe a CGC DNA pedigree... 

6 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Let's be fair here.. I did disclosed all of its issues and even told you about this topic I created specifically about the book so you could see and judge for yourself as well as offer a choice between this and another copy. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was less than honest about any of my transactions. I am glad it found a good home. It sucks to hear they didn't get back to you about the reholder. I hope it comes back better than what they did to it. Although if enough hair gets into it could be a rare " Addams Family  cousin IT edition" or maybe a CGC DNA pedigree... 

Absolutely!  I was only joking. I knew it was in there and the price was super-fair!  Really glad to have gotten the book!  Sorry if that came out wrong. I did drop it at the PO yesterday though for reholder and can’t wait to get it back. I figure I’ll hit them up again this week, I have the order number so it could still work out that way.  Either way I’m hapoy!

I knew you were joking.  Just wanted to make sure that anyone else reading it was clear. I have always tried to be fair and make sure that I treat other fellow collectors the way I would want to be treated + full disclosure on any items.  Somewhere earlier in this thread someone mentioned contacting Brittany for issues related to NR and that may be your best bet at getting this resolved.  I really hope that it comes back clear as this is one of the harder to find issues of the series.  Glad you are happy and can't wait to see that set your building! 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 4/25/2019 at 7:23 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 4/25/2019 at 6:03 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Many moons ago there was a thread here that had examples of all kinds of slab debris.  I believe one slab actually had a dead bug in it :sick:

Yeah, I think that was a Watson book. 

Oddly, that figures. hm

On 4/24/2019 at 8:37 PM, James J Johnson said:
On 4/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am starting this topic as today I received a CGC graded comic and the first thing I noticed was the Newton Rings, however upon closer inspection there was a line that had none. That's when I noticed a long dyed or bleached hair inside the inner well against the cover of the book.  Now this isn't any high grade (it's 9.4) or super valuable book , and like most I laugh. Although if the hair was freshly bleached or dyed it could actually equate to a real problem for a high dollar book as it could bleach out a line on the cover or leech dye and if regraded could come back as a color touch. Ok back on topic it has me wondering what is the weirdest thing that has ever made it's way into a CGC case? Like the doc who forgot to remove the gauze during a surgery. I am curious what's in the case? Anyone ? Show us your , " what's that doing in there?"

IMG_20190424_160038216~2.jpg

It is altogether possible that you're being incredibly dismissive and are failing to consider that quite accidentally, fate may have intervened and dealt you possession of a key piece of evidence and the opportunity of a lifetime to provide evidence for some ground breaking case that has yet to be solved!  That hair might be the key to solving a crime! Couldn't happen, you say? Remember, a blue dress, a cigar butt, and a pair of well-worn, heavily stained women's knee pads once almost brought down a King from his throne. (worship)

Who knows what secrets this hair holds. I'd look into the matter before cavalierly and summarily disposing of it. hm

Gee willikers!  That could be the longest pubic hair ever!!  :D

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Gee willikers!  That could be the longest pubic hair ever!!  :D

Not even in the same ballpark:

"Your pubic hair probably doesn't compare to that of Maoni Vi from Cape Town, South Africa, who has the record for longest pubic hair, coming in at 28 inches".