• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Things Comics just bought a restored comic off me on eBay...
3 3

23 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Had no idea who they were until I googled them. And found threads on this board.

Not sure what to do... if anything. They paid.

It's pretty clear what to do. They're your buyer, they paid, ship them the item. You're obligated to do this to fulfill your responsibility as a seller. You have no recourse, regardless of what you think they may or may not do with the item. If they were on your blocked bidder list, they wouldn't have been able to bid or offer on any of your items, unless they used a different account altogether, and in that case, if you discovered it was them, using a different name, you could call ebay and speak to an agent voicing concerns that you think another of this buyer's ID's appears on your blocked list and that they used a different ID to circumvent your block, which is against ebay rules.

At this point, as already stated, ship them their item in a timely manner since it have been paid for and I assume they didn't break the rules and circumvent your block.

Post a pic here so we can later compare for additional "shrinkage".  :eek:

On 4/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, TwoPiece said:

OoOoOoOoOh... Cryptic...

LOL... sorry about that... I wanted to wait until the transaction was concluded.

The buyer saw this thread, contacted me on eBay, and asked to cancel the sale.

Which I did. So...

tenor.gif

...that's all, folks. :)

Edited by oldrover

3 hours ago, oldrover said:

LOL... sorry about that... I wanted to wait until the transaction was concluded.

The buyer saw this thread, contacted me on eBay, and asked to cancel the sale.

Which I did. So...

So they covered their tracks because they were exposed by a public thread?

44 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

So they covered their tracks because they were exposed by a public thread?

I can't speak to that.

And I will admit to feeling a bit guilty in posting this thread... wondering, "Am I being fair?"

If the email had been something like, "Hey, man, yeah, we did stuff like that a while back, and I'm not proud of that. But we don't do that any more, that's not what's going on here, and you should have brought this up to me personally before posting on the CGC boards", I would have probably taken down the thread, shut up, and moved on.

6 hours ago, oldrover said:

I can't speak to that.

And I will admit to feeling a bit guilty in posting this thread... wondering, "Am I being fair?"

If the email had been something like, "Hey, man, yeah, we did stuff like that a while back, and I'm not proud of that. But we don't do that any more, that's not what's going on here, and you should have brought this up to me personally before posting on the CGC boards", I would have probably taken down the thread, shut up, and moved on.

Dont kid yourself, they certainly do continue to defraud buyers.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

A lesson learned. Keep watching All Things Comics until your former book shows up on eBay then report us.

Transaction was cancelled at their request as stated above.

7 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

A lesson learned. Keep watching All Things Comics until your former book shows up on eBay then report us.

Uh, wrong. I gave up $5000 so that it wouldn’t happen to my book. Something told me that posting about this might cost me the sale, and I was good with that.

EDIT: In fact, I think it was my only way out.

Edited by oldrover

19 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Uh, wrong. I gave up $5000 so that it wouldn’t happen to my book. Something told me that posting about this might cost me the sale, and I was good with that.

EDIT: In fact, I think it was my only way out.

First, I apologized for the slight confusion here and secondly, I am happy that it worked out for you well. 

They (former eBay ID: bijoubaby05) tried to get my restored Brave and Bold #34 CGC 7.5 in 2012 off eBay. I avoided them every since.