• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab ? Issue #4
4 4

535 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Well, they should be desperate, if they want to continue making significant money on the Star Wars properties after the Skywalker Saga.

If Episode IX sucks, then that's a couple of generations that will lose seemingly a majority of interest. Those born in the 21st century didn't live for the Skywalker Saga, so they're not as invested. If they want to hit all bases, they need to get The Rise of Skywalker right.

While it will draw some comparisons to Endgame, since it completes a sci-fi saga, unfortunately The Last Jedi is almost quite literally the opposite movie of Infinity War. Both in storytelling and in hype. Infinity War made you beg for Endgame. The Last Jedi made you wanna never see Star Wars again.

Agreed. I think the one of the best examples of how Endgame is the polar opposite of TLJ is how EG has the satisfying endings to your favorite characters(Cap living a great life with Peggy, IM with Pepper & a daughter) where TLJ makes you feel the writers/director/whoever wanted the worst endings to their story arcs! 

6 minutes ago, DR.X said:

what's been going on around here? where's salami or whatever the hell his name is?

I know! That's what I'm talkin bout! This thread is way off topic!

We Swarmi to post some TREK or talk about how great WUDY is!

Maybe he got a timeout for his bad behavior last week! :roflmao:

19 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Agreed. I think the one of the best examples of how Endgame is the polar opposite of TLJ is how EG has the satisfying endings to your favorite characters(Cap living a great life with Peggy, IM with Pepper & a daughter) where TLJ makes you feel the writers/director/whoever wanted the worst endings to their story arcs! 

I was comparing Infinity War to The Last Jedi, because both movies precede the saga finales.

Infinity War ends on a defeated note - and you feel it. The Last Jedi ends on a defeated note, but they make it seem like the resistance isn't in trouble..? Like they won..? Their army is depleted and they're hugging each other and celebrating. One movie is concise and the other is confusing.

9 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I understand why you feel that way because he is a tool, but think of the comedy gold here!!! 

Its comedy gold and ridiculous opinion until it becomes racist,than it's just offensive...that along with homophobia and sexism...and by than my moral compass shuts my ears off to anything he has to say.

4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I was comparing Infinity War to The Last Jedi, because both movies precede the saga finales.

Infinity War ends on a defeated note - and you feel it. The Last Jedi ends on a defeated note, but they make it seem like the resistance isn't in trouble..? Like they won..? Their army is depleted and they're hugging each other and celebrating. One movie is concise and the other is confusing.

Enjoy! :grin:

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Enjoy! :grin:

Thanks for posting!

I don't believe any of it though

No way are they making Rey evil even though I know other people who think the same

I do like the idea that it was not really Yoda in TLJ because it sure didn't seem like him!!!!

I hope RoS will be half way decent........

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

No way are they making Rey evil even though I know other people who think the same

Probably.  I'm convinced that Jar Jar was intended to be evil, though. Backlash against the character caused them to create Count Doodu out of nowhere as the apprentice for the rest of the prequels.

Just now, valiantman said:

Probably.  I'm convinced that Jar Jar was intended to be evil, though. Backlash against the character caused them to create Count Doodu out of nowhere as the apprentice for the rest of the prequels.

I don't think so with Jarx2. he was a terrible character written for little children. His backlash was due to being terrible & so many adults watching the movie. I don't think Lucas was gonna make him a Sith

It's a shame SW has had so many mistakes.

8 minutes ago, comics4all said:
13 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I don't think so with Jarx2. he was a terrible character written for little children. His backlash was due to being terrible & so many adults watching the movie. I don't think Lucas was gonna make him a Sith

It's a shame SW has had so many mistakes.

Those same children were going to be teens by the time they revealed Jar Jar's actual place in the story.  Star Wars had used the "wise fool" concept in Empire Strikes Back with "silly Yoda", but they made the mistake of not revealing the secret nature of Jar Jar during the movie. Jar Jar even had the "pointy-floppy-ears" of the traditional Jester's hat. The glowing yellow eyes (and "accidental" skills in fights) gave it away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_fool

Edited by valiantman

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Those same children were going to be teens by the time they revealed Jar Jar's actual place in the story.  Star Wars had used the "wise fool" concept in Empire Strikes Back with "silly Yoda", but they made the mistake of not revealing the secret nature of Jar Jar during the movie. Jar Jar even had the "pointy-ears" of the traditional Jester's hat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_fool

IDK but I had not planned to see RoS until I saw the trailer.

Still not totally convinced, hoping the next trailer looks even better 

Sort of like Spidey  FFH, I had very low interest with the first trailer  but now with the 2nd trailer I am more likely to go see it 

2 minutes ago, comics4all said:

This thread is waaaaaaayyyyyy off track!

wudy smiling hat.jpe

I'm pretty sure Swami is out buying some VPN software to prepare a comeback attempt.  He was probably already on death row with the mods, and his last rant aimed at Hollywood probably got his sentence carried out.

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I'm pretty sure Swami is out buying some VPN software to prepare a comeback attempt.  He was probably already on death row with the mods, and his last rant aimed at Hollywood probably got his sentence carried out.

Yeah Swamptastic is banned for like a week or so & then he will be back with some BS about WUDY/KARNEGE :roflmao:

3 hours ago, DR.X said:

SyFy channel announced today,  coming this summer. SWAMINADO:banana:   

:roflmao:

I can hear the voice over guy now: "In a world where one man is on a quest to have as many  9.0 copies  of ASM 361 he can obtain, will he get them, or will he cause a SWAMINADO!!!!!...."

Starring

WUDY HARILSUN playing the entire cast of the movie!!!!

lol

Edited by comics4all