• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Slab or not to Slab ? Issue #4
4 4

535 posts in this topic

Guys Swami, BIG NEWS IN THIS NEW ISSUE ! Just got inside scoop of this!

You guys used to laugh at me collecting ASM 360 361 362 363 and the whole maximum carnage run 1-14! BOY oh BOY this is really exciting times! I just wanted to collect ASM #361 then had that insight to grab the whole carnage run. When the movie comes out and mainstream and noncomic book fans drool over the character they won't want to seek out each book and I have it all in collected in excellent 9.2 or above condition. I never expected this! THE NEXT AVENGERS LIKE FRANCHISE SPECULATION IS GREAT NEWS FOR CARNAGE COLLECTORS AND ALL THOSE HATERS! 

MAXIMUM CARNAGE CAN BE THE NEXT AVENGERS LIKE UNIVERSE, THIS IS AWESOME NEWS WITH FINAL AVENGERS MOVIE COMING OUT TOMORROW!

1.thumb.JPG.ad691215275344b9c78d653a28382750.JPG

Edited by BITCOINSWAMI

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Nobody answer!

I don't want Swampy to ever know (we all know he'll never actually read the comics).

Excellent point.  I think Swamperizer should give us a review of Maximum Carnage to prove his mettle as the expert he claims to be.

And remember guy - I’ve read the whole series many many times, so don’t try and pass by skimping on the details.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Excellent point.  I think Swamperizer should give us a review of Maximum Carnage to prove his mettle as the expert he claims to be.

And remember guy - I’ve read the whole series many many times, so don’t try and pass by skimping on the details.

lol

Let those noodles cook!

28 minutes ago, meshuggah said:

When will the nonsense end???

In theory, when he or she accrues 18 concurrent points - see point 3 below:

On 8/1/2017 at 8:31 PM, Architecht said:

MODERATION STEPS

The new built in moderation system works like this at an overview level:

1. A member flags a post with their reason / complaint
  2. The flagged post goes into a queue that the moderators can all manage
  3. Moderators review the content and decide how to address the report, and choose the appropriate response. That means choosing to:
    1. Leave the posts as they are, and mark the report complete (i.e. no infraction here)
    2. Move the post(s) to the "your posts removed" area, and mark the reported content as complete (i.e. post needed removal, but no infraction for user)
    3. Move the post(s) to the "your posts removed" area, adding a moderator note to the report suggesting an action, and marking the report as under review.
  4. Admins go through any reported content marked as "under review" and determine infractions as needed.

POINTS VERSUS STRIKES

The new system works like this:

1. There are a series of pre-made infractions that admins can choose from

2. Each action is defined by:

NAME: Severity and transgression, e.g. "Warning - politics"

POINTS EXPIRATION: How long will these points stay on your account, e.g. 6 months

NOTE: What the user will see about why they go this warning, e.g.

"You made posts that either directly referenced politics, transparently implied politics, or baited people deliberately into political discussions. This is a warning because your post was either not very blatant, or you just haven't done this very often or had moderator action because of this."

4. Infraction levels, points, and expirations:

• Notices - Just an official message to the user with 0 points awarded in order to communicate the reasons for removing a post. (new)
  • Warnings - 1 point that expires in 3 months (like an old private warning)
  • Minor violations - 3 points that expire in 6 months (like an old wrist slap)
  • Major violations - 5 points that expire in 1 year (like an old strike)
  • Last chance - 15 points that expire in 1 year (like the old "multiple strikes for one egregious offense")
  • Unacceptable behavior - 18 points, no expiration (like the old instant ban)

3. Over time members will accumulate points on their account, and that current point TOTAL will determine the restrictions applied to their account by the system WHENEVER an infraction is applied according to the schedule below:

0 points - no restrictions

1 point - no restrictions

3 points - 2 days restricted posting (can login, and I think PM, just can't post)

5 points - 7 day restricted posting

10 points - 14 day ban (can't use the site)

15 points - 21 day ban

18 points - permanent ban

IMPORTANT NOTE

This accumulation of points acts both in a SIMILAR way to our old strikes, and somewhat differently.

It's similar in that if you got one Major Violation (like an old strike) you would have 5 points that would take a year to expire, and you would get suspended for 7 days.  If a week later you got a second Major Violation, you would then have 10 points, and get restricted from posting for 14 days. Same as the old system.

HOWEVER, what the new boards system does automatically is WHENEVER you get ANY KIND of warning (including a Notice for 0 points) , it looks at how many points you currently have, and then restricts you according to the schedule above. That creates an awkward situation that a moderator must manually correct.

e.g. You got a Minor Violation for 3 points a month ago. You got restricted from posting for 2 days. TODAY you get a "notice" for zero points just as a heads-up that you posted something borderline. The system WILL get triggered by that "Notice" and will see that you have 3 points right now, and will try to restrict you from posting for 2 days because that is your CURRENT point total.

This isn't ideal for NOTICES. I'd like to be able to automatically override it and be able to issue a "notice" without any re-evaluation of current point totals, but we can't control that behavior except manually. Things that are at a 0 points notice level generally aren't restriction-worthy. There we make a reasonable effort to emove the restrictions manually if the current point total for a member is pretty low.

For infractions that actually get points assigned the net effect is that if you currently have a history of points, expect even small infractions to carry bigger penalties. This encourages people to stay friendly once they've built up a point total.

I'm a little on the fence about this system behavior. On the one hand, I like pushing people into a cooling-off pattern. On the other hand it seems a little harsh - but I don't want to constantly have to make manual adjustments to restrictions, as that would be continuously error prone.

USEFUL FEATURES

There are lots of better things about this system automatically tallying infractions and applying restrictions:

1. System-tallied point totals, so no mistakes on miscounting previous strikes.
  2. Shows the user their warning the next time they log in and has them acknowledge it
  3. Allows us to show the original poster the post they made that was an infraction without having to share that with everyone else (your posts removed area)
  4. Allows us to expire points for low level infractions quickly and in an automated fashion
  5. Lets us pre-create certain types of infractions so that users can be sent at least a categorically correct description of what they did that was contrary to posting guidelines.
  6. Shows the user their current point total AND when those points expire on their profile page so they can be aware of their current status

10 hours ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Guys Swami, BIG NEWS IN THIS NEW ISSUE ! Just got inside scoop of this!

You guys used to laugh at me collecting ASM 360 361 362 363 and the whole maximum carnage run 1-14! BOY oh BOY this is really exciting times! I just wanted to collect ASM #361 then had that insight to grab the whole carnage run. When the movie comes out and mainstream and noncomic book fans drool over the character they won't want to seek out each book and I have it all in collected in excellent 9.2 or above condition. I never expected this! THE NEXT AVENGERS LIKE FRANCHISE SPECULATION IS GREAT NEWS FOR CARNAGE COLLECTORS AND ALL THOSE HATERS! 

MAXIMUM CARNAGE CAN BE THE NEXT AVENGERS LIKE UNIVERSE, THIS IS AWESOME NEWS WITH FINAL AVENGERS MOVIE COMING OUT TOMORROW!

1.thumb.JPG.ad691215275344b9c78d653a28382750.JPG

Come on. This is derivative of your previous work. Step up your game!   :baiting: