• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May 16-18, 2019 Signature Auction
3 3

200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Placed some early bids in....a lot great stuff...hoping for at least  couple of wins when this is all said and done. I like the Cap1 in this auction...great book for investment.

I threw in some tracking bids too. Lots of great stuff 

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
4 hours ago, HRCostigan said:

Egyptian Queen painting already at 2.1M.  Wow...

wow ! :whatthe:

(2.5M w/ BP)

Definitely shocking, but I doubt it will get anywhere close to the absolutely shocking price that Roy Lichtenstein's Masterpiece sold for a couple years ago:

Masterpiece Roy Lichtenstein

At a price point of $165M dollars, it became one of the Top 10 most valuable paintings ever sold in the world.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by lou_fine

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely shocking, but I doubt it will get anywhere close to the absolutely shocking price that Roy Lichtenstein's Masterpiece sold for a couple years ago:

At a price point of $165M dollars, it became one of the Top 10 most valuable paintings ever sold in the world.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's to hoping the comic book "source material" catches up to the painting in value!

Masterpiece.jpg

Edited by szav

On 4/25/2019 at 10:05 PM, Gotham Kid said:

(2.5M w/ BP)

should hit around 3.4 million...this could bootstrap up other Fritz pieces...might be a good time to buy from collectors who are not yet aware a record price is on the horizon

11 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:
On 4/26/2019 at 7:05 AM, Gotham Kid said:

(2.5M w/ BP)

should hit around 3.4 million...this could bootstrap up other Fritz pieces...might be a good time to buy from collectors who are not yet aware a record price is on the horizon

My guess if 4M+

On 4/26/2019 at 8:55 AM, lou_fine said:

At a price point of $165M dollars, it became one of the Top 10 most valuable paintings ever sold in the world.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  

:screwy:

For 165M I'd buy the highest graded copies of every GA and SA key book. And I'd be so very much happier than owning that painting.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
On 4/25/2019 at 11:55 PM, lou_fine said:

At a price point of $165M dollars, it became one of the Top 10 most valuable paintings ever sold in the world.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  

For 165M I'd buy the highest graded copies of every GA and SA key book. And I'd be so very much happier than owning that painting.

Or with your $165M, you could have brought this painting for $43.5M:  :whatthe:  :screwy:

Image result for blue painting with white line

and still have more than enough left to buy up the highest graded copies of every GA and SA key comic book.  (thumbsu

I guess it's probably just a case of us not understanding and appreciating modern abstract art.  (shrug)

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:
On 4/26/2019 at 12:05 AM, Gotham Kid said:

(2.5M w/ BP)

What do you wanna pay?

frazettaspiderman.jpeg

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I wonder what the total would be for these? hm

Sounds like a job for @rob_react!

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Hear hear.  Lichtenstein (though I find cool some of his works) ain't one of us, and his art doesn't belong.  He needed us, we never needed him.  }:-)