• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May 16-18, 2019 Signature Auction
3 3

200 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Yeah, but their asking prices on ebay were asinine. Those copies probably won't even be the highest-graded copies if the Mile High copies are ever slabbed.

Very true, but if JV's Mile High copies are 3P graded & slabbed there'll be a lot of HGC's losing bragging rights.  :cry:

5 hours ago, sagii said:

...While not a player on anything today, i do have the day off and will be curious to see if the recently sold/reslabbed Church Planets hold/surpass/under perform their recent hammer prices from a few months ago,. 

was surprised how much they surpassed the hammer price from a few months ago

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The PristineComics high grade Captain America Comics issues didn't even make half their asking prices on ebay.

I saw that. I was in the hunt for the 13 but dropped out in the Live part. It hung around Ebay for 6 mos at $100k, and hammered at half of that.

its gotta be hard to figure out how to price such things. Turns out bragging rights for the highest grade on a classic cover is only 3 x Guide, not 6 x Guide

39 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

was surprised how much they surpassed the hammer price from a few months ago

So was I. Not even a years time later.

Much like the Berk auction, maybe a case of too much to spread around the first go, then war chests get replenished and that second or third highest bidder snags it the next go round at a higher price 

..Nice to see Billy Wright books exploding. I was a lurker here when they came out first time around. Was the auction that put Centaurs on my radar (though i still wouldn't be even a casual collector of the publisher for another few years after). 

Were some nice books in that Pedigree.

Congrats if a Boardie picked up the Planet #1

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I saw that. I was in the hunt for the 13 but dropped out in the Live part. It hung around Ebay for 6 mos at $100k, and hammered at half of that.

its gotta be hard to figure out how to price such things. Turns out bragging rights for the highest grade on a classic cover is only 3 x Guide, not 6 x Guide

Depends on the book and on whether buyers have reason to believe the book is only temporarily one of a kind.