• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May 16-18, 2019 Signature Auction
3 3

200 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, lhcomics said:

Heritage has a piece of art that I will win but I'll wait until auction over before I post it here. 

I like the confidence! (thumbsu

14 hours ago, tth2 said:
On 5/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, lhcomics said:

Heritage has a piece of art that I will win but I'll wait until auction over before I post it here. 

I like the confidence! (thumbsu

Heritage certainly loves it.  (thumbsu

Let's hope HA and CGC doesn't share info due to their overlapping ownership structure, otherwise, there could be some punishment bid taking place here.  :makepoint:  lol

As of Monday:

Cap 1 at 170K plus BP

Superman1 at 220K plus BP

Batman 1 at 140K plus BP

Cap 13 at 24K plus BP( my favorite along with Cap 1)

I think new records prices are coming.....any predictions?

Edited by Mmehdy

Batman #1  is now 150K plus BP

Cap #13 is now 30K plus BP

Carl Barks paintings have gone up, Wad-60K, scrooge 46K, Mence 32K plus bp....Look for that Scrooge piece to hit 100K with BP its a classic

Edited by Mmehdy

...While not a player on anything today, i do have the day off and will be curious to see if the recently sold/reslabbed Church Planets hold/surpass/under perform their recent hammer prices from a few months ago,. 

16 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Batman #1  is now 150K plus BP

Cap #13 is now 30K plus BP

Carl Barks paintings have gone up, Wad-60K, scrooge 46K, Mence 32K plus bp....Look for that Scrooge piece to hit 100K with BP its a classic

I guess that you won the Frazetta, Mitch! If so, Cong! You really did mannup!

Just now, MrBedrock said:

I guess that you won the Frazetta, Mitch! If so, Cong! You really did mannup!

I would say it was probably Jim Halpin or George Lucas...or possible the RR museum....whoever got it....deserves a great hand...I did bid on the piece earlier and it him my limit...so be it

20 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Carl Banks painting 162K

20833810%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

I enjoy watching the art auctions so much more than the comic auctions. Very few of the art guys show their hand until the last possible minute. As a result most of the lots go like this Barks which was sitting at $48,000 at the end of the proxy bidding and then exploded during the live portion. Pretty cool to watch.