• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Immortal hulk 2 more valuable than Avengers 684

21 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Ducktape said:

print run. supply & demand?

As mentioned  by avi #2 is 1st appearance of Dr Frye in a comic book. Look at the variant of #2. That book is over the top in price

(shrug)

Yeah I did last night on gocollect the price of it was astonishing. I guess that must be the reason than. Thanks.

15 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Why is Avengers #684 more expensive than #682? 

13 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I think I explained it in my title thread

The first appearance of immortal hulk

13 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

LOl ok. 

I'm with What.. on this one. But we all know Hulk #1 is the 1st appearance.

Same image as last page.

d90900da-be20-470b-8873-ae673ecf68e9.jpg

Oh, you like variants? OK

a04bd623-559f-4f18-ac7f-1d65ba3789b1.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

16 hours ago, Avi said:

Good job with the non-click bait title!

Issue 2 is FA of Dr Frye. I dont follow the series but Im guessing that has something to do with it.

13 hours ago, Ducktape said:

print run. supply & demand?

As mentioned  by avi #2 is 1st appearance of Dr Frye in a comic book. Look at the variant of #2. That book is over the top in price

(shrug)

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

It's lower availability of 2. 

And for some odd reason the 1st appearance of the gamma kid (mostly spec). 

Patrick

There is no logical explanation for it. Book is now through 16 issues and Dr. and Del Frye have had 1-2 appearances...ever...in comics.

It's a true representation of the current Modern market. Don't use logic, you will miss out on hot books and left with a handful of good books that don't have value.

30 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There is no logical explanation for it. Book is now through 16 issues and Dr. and Del Frye have had 1-2 appearances...ever...in comics.

It's a true representation of the current Modern market. Don't use logic, you will miss out on hot books and left with a handful of good books that don't have value.

I know

Thanos 13 is only a year old and its value is what it is. The current modern market is hard to predict,and what CGC determines as fa is hard to predict too...for instance spiderman/deadpool 47 or major x 1?

Baffling 

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I know

Thanos 13 is only a year old and its value is what it is. The current modern market is hard to predict,and what CGC determines as fa is hard to predict too...for instance spiderman/deadpool 47 or major x 1?

Baffling 

Yes, Cosmic Ghost Rider is also somewhat of a head scratcher. But at least he's had his own series now.

One reason Immortal Hulk #2 is more expensive than Avengers #684 is because the Immortal Hulk series was hot out of the gate. Then IH#2 pretty much sold out the week it came out. The Avengers No surrender story arc was a weekly title and the only hot issue initially was #676 which sold out on NCBD. I believe many retailers up their orders for the series so you have a lot of copies of #684 that were still on the shelves or in back stock for cover price by the time Immortal Hulk #2 came out.  Avengers #684 didn't get hot until well after IH#2 hit the $70 mark on Ebay and that's when the whole Immortal Hulk series heated up even more. Another reason that Avengers #684 didn't heat up sooner is there were some collectors foolishly thinking Immortal Hulk had no connection to the Avengers "No Surrender" story arc. Same writer so I don't see how they didn't know it was the same continuity. Avengers #684 didn't really start heating up until after Avengers #682 went up and well after Immortal Hulk #2 was headed toward the $100 mark.

Edited by kairos70

4 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

One reason Immortal Hulk #2 is more expensive than Avengers #684 is because the Immortal Hulk series was hot out of the gate. Then IH#2 pretty much sold out the week it came out. The Avengers No surrender story arc was a weekly title and the only hot issue initially was #676 which sold out on NCBD. I believe many retailers up their orders for the series so you have a lot of copies of #684 that were still on the shelves or in back stock for cover price by the time Immortal Hulk #2 came out.  Avengers #684 didn't get hot until well after IH#2 hit the $70 mark on Ebay and that's when the whole Immortal Hulk series heated up even more. Another reason that Avengers #684 didn't heat up sooner is there were some collectors foolishly thinking Immortal Hulk had no connection to the Avengers "No Surrender" story arc. Same writer so I don't see how they didn't know it was same continuity. Avengers #684 didn't really start heating up until after Avengers #682 went up and well after Immortal Hulk #2 was headed toward the $100 mark.

Well said!

Is 684 the first appearance of immortal hulk or an evolution of a previously established character?

Same as Cosmic Ghost rider.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Well said!

Is 684 the first appearance of immortal hulk or an evolution of a previously established character?

Same as Cosmic Ghost rider.

Yes, a character evolution. Immortal Hulk is still Hulk/Bruce Banner so he's not a new character like Cosmic Ghost Rider/Frank Castle. Just a better written character that everyone is gravitating towards. People like the Cosmic Ghost Rider but the persona didn't translate as seamlessly as Immortal Hulk.

Just now, kairos70 said:

Yes, a character evolution. Immortal Hulk is still Hulk/Bruce Banner so he's not a new character like Cosmic Ghost Rider/Frank Castle. Just a better written character that everyone is gravitating towards. People like the Cosmic Ghost Rider but the persona didn't translate as seamlessly as Immortal Hulk.

I also like spider gwen.

Not off the top of my head,there is a character,an overlord of the multiverse. I think they should have spidergwen and miles Morales come upon this entity and allow the dimensions to merge, where they can form a group with Peter parker. Now I realize there already is a spider group, but this one seems interesting. It also begs the question if Peter handed off the torch for good to Miles, not to mention that,what if Peter's love for Gwen was reignited? That could be a Mary Jane/Gwen story arc, and from that obviously spidergwen versus Mary jane/Venom.

Just saying.