• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't Spoil Endgame!!!

35 posts in this topic

I won't be able to see Avengers: Endgame for a while. And during the week or two that I (And others) are waiting, I would appreciate it if you guys could restrain yourselves from commenting with spoilers or creating topics that show spoilers blatantly. At the very least- If you have to talk about Endgame on here, don't spoil it with the title of the topic and please hide any spoilers in the "Spoiler" function. 

Thanks

Yeah.....amazing that we have to ask for this.

Have had tix for a Saturday show for about three weeks now for myself and my three sons.  We've all managed to stay in a spoiler-free zone -- until yesterday.  Some kid in my 15-y.o's gym class was shouting out spoilers he'd read on the internet.  My son was so pissed yesterday.  He's kept what he heard to himself, and I'm hoping what he heard is just one small 30-second aspect of the bigger 3-hour story.  Fingers crossed.

Why are people such jerk-offs?  "Spoiler kid" is a starter on the high school football team offensive line and my son was still ready to clock him.

Well, I'm bored and this seems a better thread to post this than the other thread. A bigger question: Why would someone put the spoilers up on the internet to begin with? Someone here posted his "review" of the movie and the "review" was him basically retelling the entire movie. Everything. Beginning. Middle. End. And summing up "It was really good!" It seemed not a work of film criticism that takes thought, experience, skill and effort in say the style of Ebert or Kael (regardless if you thought their opinions were correct or not, they had opinions and worked at sharing them sometimes winning Pulitzers) just, you know, telling the movie. Oh sure, he said "spoiler alert" so there was that. What sort of got me questing things was his placement of ads at the end of his "review" and I thought, so you take someone else's (lots of folks, actually) brutally hard work, use it verbatim, and financially gain from it. What exactly did you bring to the table?

I know I'm the odd man out here but I don't understand. Once I tried to bring up the conversation of paying for music to my 20 year old nephew and he just responded with a vacuous stare. 

I'll take my beating from the kids now. :fear:

Edited by NoMan

7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

A bigger question: Why would someone put the spoilers up on the internet to begin with?

Someone knows that guy's name now. They didn't before. It's a Kardashian world where being famous for being famous is the American* Dream.

*replace 'American' with any applicable country**.

** remove the "o" in "country".

don't understand being the first to rush in and tell everyone. Or reading the screenplay to us and collecting a check, unless you were involved in writing the screenplay

Edited by NoMan

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I need to find a safe space. 

It was either Empire Strikes Back or Crying Game - so be glad I didn't go for full trigger by spoiling that it turns out to be a dude!  Oops, guess I blew that one.   Stay safe! :D

Edited by grebal
Just remembered a better one! - Rosebud was his boyhood sled.

9 minutes ago, grebal said:

It was either Empire Strikes Back or Crying Game - so be glad I didn't go for full trigger by spoiling that it turns out to be a dude!  Oops, guess I blew that one.   Stay safe! :D

Who was Luke’s mom? Ellen Degeneres?

People get a weird high from "I saw it first and knew what happened before YOUUUUU" and like ruin things for people.

Personally, I'm not someone who ruins movies but I am also not someone who gets all bent out of shape if I hear some details. I can still enjoy a film knowing roughly what happens. For example, we knew a lot of characters would die at the end of last film thanks to multiple leaks but I still felt the moment was impactful when it happened on screen.

2 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

I don't understand how you can delegate the restraint..."restrain yourselves". How about you stay off the Endgame posts until you see the movie?

Dude.  All the OP was asking for was obvious alerts for any spoilers.  And that’s fair.

48 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

I don't understand how you can delegate the restraint..."restrain yourselves". How about you stay off the Endgame posts until you see the movie?

I just don't want anyone to drop spoilers in a thread about something non-endgame related, as people often do.

There's a reason why I completely exiled myself from large swaths of the internet about 2 weeks ago.  The CGC boards were one of the last things I stopped reading and even then, I was really taking chances.  Basically...

1873699148_ImInDanger.png.f33e107371c400e509d16282cf630036.png

But yeah, <expletive> that high school kid blurting out spoilers "for fun".  :pullhair:  Heck, I wore earphones into my theater and blasted music in case anyone leaving a showing couldn't hold back their thoughts.

Edited by ExNihilo

8 minutes ago, obiedagod said:

I just don't want anyone to drop spoilers in a thread about something non-endgame related, as people often do.

Unfortunately, knowing human nature, the onus should partially be on you to avoid a comic related board prior to the release of the biggest, most anticipated comic book movie of all time.

I know it shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately that's the world we live in.  Trust no one but yourself.  Remember, "the hardest choices require the strongest wills."

3 hours ago, obiedagod said:

As long as you aren't dumb enough to enter any of the threads about the market, which will almost certainly contain at least some kind of reference to the movie.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

As long as you aren't dumb enough to enter any of the threads about the market, which will almost certainly contain at least some kind of reference to the movie.

No need to be insulting bro