• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sheldon “Shelly” Moldoff
1 1

29 posts in this topic

So, for his commissions would he pencil a unique sketch and then fill it in with watercolors or would he have a stock image black and white that he would add the colors too? I only ask as I have seen multiple commissions that look very similar. I assume it's just because like other artist they have an idea in mind for a set pose and usually call upon that for commissions. 

I think, at least with my piece, it was one he did ahead of time and brought to the show to sell.  So he possibly had several similar pieces he had done for that, not exactly "commissions" in the sense they were done before a buyer approached.

I've seen several of the Grundy one and the JSA one, and if you look carefully they're all a little different.  He was just re-drawing the same scene.  I suspect he drew one original, and then hand-copied several from that.