• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signatures: Which label to choose?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am looking to get a few comics signed by Jeff Goldblum and thought I'd get some opinions off people. I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death in advance and realize it is somewhat preference based. Unfortunately, CGC will not be at the event and so I cannot get them through signature series. The rest of my collection is through CGC and so I understand if I get the signatures and go through CGC, I would receive a green qualified label. Whenever I have seen discussions for green labels - it always seems like people believe it is pointless. I know there is the option to go for a blue label and take the hit for the grade, but I think I rather the 'true' grade be shown.

My questions is, is it more appealing to people to then get a verified/red or authenticated/yellow through CBCS instead? I have never gone through CBCS and I am not very familiar with them. Either way, thought I'd inquire and see what people think (thumbsu 

Thanks!

CGC doesn't need to be at an event for your to get a yellow label, you would just need an official witness and potentially facilitator that can help take care of things.  Which event is this?  You might check out the Signature series subforum to see if any witnesses are already attending.

12 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

CGC doesn't need to be at an event for your to get a yellow label, you would just need an official witness and potentially facilitator that can help take care of things.  Which event is this?  You might check out the Signature series subforum to see if any witnesses are already attending.

So I can confirm my question was meant for the noob section lol. That is extremely helpful! It is for the Phoenix one in May and I do see someone has posted for it. I have someone already helping me out with it, so I'll try to see where to go from here. Thanks a lot! 

4 minutes ago, Haiden said:

So I can confirm my question was meant for the noob section lol. That is extremely helpful! It is for the Phoenix one in May and I do see someone has posted for it. I have someone already helping me out with it, so I'll try to see where to go from here. Thanks a lot! 

Good luck! (thumbsu

Edited by Cozmo-One