• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Con Drop Off Submission Questions
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So I've never submitted my own books to CGC before, but I just filled out the submission form to drop a bunch off at AwesomeCon this weekend. Now I have a question that doesn't appear to be answered on their website: am I just handing them a stack of comic books? Or do I need to put them in some sort of box for them to take as well? I plan on bringing them to the show in portfolios, so do I just take them out and hand them the stack? 

I recently dropped off books at Wondercon with Express drop off. 

Make sure to have your submission form printed out and with you. You can jump to the front of a different line.

If you don't have the form printed out and have to have CGC print, it will take a significant amount of extra time to drop off. At Wondercon it was over 2 extra hours. 

Edited by Asianassassincomics

7 hours ago, Comic Consortium said:

Is there any advantage of submitting at a show versus via mail?

One less round of shipping, so it saves on cost and potential for the package to be damaged. It's more "peace of mind" than anything else. 

4 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

One less round of shipping, so it saves on cost and potential for the package to be damaged. It's more "peace of mind" than anything else. 

If I can state a negative to Con drop-off, I dropped off 4 books at C2E2 on Friday, 03/22/2019. As of Friday, 04/26/2019, these issues have not been logged in as being received. For those of you keeping score, that's five weeks (25 work days). In retrospect, I wish I had spent the $20 to mail my books there. It's hard for me to believe that a shipment mailed to CGC would have taken five weeks to been logged in as received. Also, before anyone criticized me, I called CGC on Monday, 03/15/2019, and I was told that they had just started working on the books from C2E2. Yes, I could call CGC again, but I'm sure I would get the same response. Also, please don't tell me how you have had a different experience; I'm glad that your books were recorded in a timely manner. However, all I can comment on is my situation, and I have nothing to gain by lying.

Dropping off at a con - Positive - One less round of shipping, lower cost, less chance of damage

Dropping off at a con - Negative - An interminable wait for your books to be marked as received

Joe