• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Frazetta's "Egyptian Queen" OA breaking comics records
3 3

147 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, oakman29 said:
9 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

$5.4 million final hammer, including buyer's premium.

Again, for reference, the top Action 1 sale (CGC 9.0) was $3.2 million in 2014.

Egyptian Queen is the new title-holder for the most expensive piece in comic book/OA history to date.

Frank Frazetta should always hold the top spot as the best comic artist.

7 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

I personally hold Richard Corben in higher esteem.

Like I had mentioned a few weeks ago in the HA thread on the GA boards, it didn't even come close to Roy Lichtenstein's Masterpiece:

Masterpiece Roy Lichtenstein

Looks like Frazetta's Egyptian Queen still fell about $160M dollars short of what Lichtenstein's Masterpiece sold for.  :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Like I had mentioned a few weeks ago in the HA thread on the GA boards, it didn't even come close to Roy Lichtenstein's Masterpiece:

Looks like Frazetta's Egyptian Queen still fell about $160M dollars short of what Lichtenstein's Masterpiece sold for.  :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

Such a travesty. Think I’ll rename “Masterpiece” to “Ode to the idiocy of mankind”

18 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Such a travesty. Think I’ll rename “Masterpiece” to “Ode to the idiocy of mankind”

Yes, Lichtenstein is nothing but a copycat artist.  lol

Or do you prefer the original from where it came from more?

Masterpiece.jpg

I bet you this original original artwork would cost you a whole lot less.  hm   :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You mean Lichtensteins GARBAGE ... right?

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Leopard.

:whistle:

I'm tired. You are probably lucky I didn't say lion or some other animal. I remember calling girls guys once when I was tired. Also calling a girl her friend's name multiple times. But for some reason she never corrected me. It was only when I left the conversation that my friend told me that I was calling her someone else's name.

Edited by GeneticNinja

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
11 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

My question was always what is the guard doing? Is he protecting her from the tiger? And now I wonder if it is vice versa.

Leopard.

Jaguar? hm

1024px-Cheetah,_leopard_&_jaguar_(en).jp

... or Panthera hmhm

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Jaguar? hm

1024px-Cheetah,_leopard_&_jaguar_(en).jp

... or Panthera hmhm

The only reason I say Leopard and not Jag is because Jags are native to the Western hemisphere, and don't appear outside of that.

This being the Egyptian Queen, I imagine Frazetta meant it to be a Leopard. Now...that's not for sure, because nothing prevented Frazetta from painting a Jag, but he probably meant a Leopard. It would have been anachronistic to paint a Jag, and Frazetta was a smart guy.

Pretty kitties, all of them.

:cloud9:

This guy is my hero. I've even asked for an application to volunteer at Cheetah Experience. We'll see what the year brings.

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

If you think that's high I wonder how much such a classic as his Death Dealer would yeild?

i know his 1990 death dealer sold for 1.8 mil last year.. but that's not the classic first

🤘Love his Death Dealers

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The only reason I say Leopard and not Jag is because Jags are native to the Western hemisphere, and don't appear outside of that.

This being the Egyptian Queen, I imagine Frazetta meant it to be a Leopard. Now...that's not for sure, because nothing prevented Frazetta from painting a Jag, but he probably meant a Leopard. It would have been anachronistic to paint a Jag, and Frazetta was a smart guy.

Pretty kitties, all of them.

Right, but being the Egyptian Queen, I could also see a jaguar being the exotic pet from another continent the queen would have.  Talk about 'rare around these parts'. lol

16 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Right, but being the Egyptian Queen, I could also see a jaguar being the exotic pet from another continent the queen would have.  Talk about 'rare around these parts'. lol

And how would she....presumably living from about 40 BC, the last time there WAS an Egyptian queen, and prior, have obtained an animal from a place no one in the "Old World" knew even existed, and wouldn't be discovered by them for at least another 1,000 years...?

Details, details. ;)

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
25 minutes ago, valiantman said:

And how would she....presumably living from about 40 BC, the last time there WAS an Egyptian queen, and prior, have obtained an animal from a place no one in the "Old World" knew even existed, and wouldn't be discovered by them for at least another 1,000 years...?

Details, details. ;)

Wiercinski, my dear Watson.

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Wiercinski, my dear Watson.

Next you're going to be telling me about King Solomon's mines, the Ark is in Ethiopia, the Queen of Sheba was actually from what is now Argentina, and the Sea Peoples are actually from Atlantis...

:insane:

....and that doesn't even TOUCH that other bit about that guy who came to America to teach the native population after spending some time in Galilee and surrounding territory....

im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.