• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the true value of love?
3 3

54 posts in this topic

West,

For what its worth, I have had the same thing happen to me more than once. A piece I really love is priced at $45k. It was $40k last year, and 30k the year before. The dealer basically doesn't want to sell it so he keeps increasing the price. When speaking to other collectors and dealers for their thoughts on its value, the highest has been $20k. Since I know there is no way in heck that offer will be accepted, I have written it off. There is always so much art available, that you have to just move on to the next piece. The harsh reality is everyone is afraid to leave a penny on the table in this market, dealers and collectors alike. 

I approve of the title swap.

Also, I remember once lusting after an Artgerm piece.  White Queen.  Owner wouldn't budge even after I made an unreasonably high offer.  Ours isn't a hobby where other copies can be found when this happens (unlike with most comics).

Buuuuut fortunately, I came across a different Artgerm I felt was just as hot, if not more so (https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1522478).  It's funny, but my desire for the first abated when I acquired the second.  Sometimes it takes a Vampirella to beat an Emma Frost.  Happy ending.  Bracing for more Thailand jokes.  }:-)

Edited by exitmusicblue

11 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:
14 hours ago, tth2 said:

A girl in Thailand told me that she would love me long time for $40. 

What was the price quote for the penicillin injection to follow?

The STDs in Thailand are so far past penicillin that it's like a PED for them.

2 hours ago, Will_K said:

Where's a "jump the shark" emoji when you really need one.

Even the title of the topic has changed.

Get ready to vote :)

:wishluck:

On 4/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

OA is subjective. Pricing is subjective. Your gut will tell you if you've done right. 

I agree with this statement, however I do have a query. I once met Jose Delbo and got him to sign a page he had drawn, this made me think and I'm sure it might not go down to well with OA collectors. Is an original art page not a copy of the pencil artist's work, because some one drew over an original work? If anyone can answer this I would be grateful, thanks.(thumbsu   Think of it as Leonardo pencilling the Mona Lisa and someone painted over it, who would the work be accredited too?     

2 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I agree with this statement, however I do have a query. I once met Jose Delbo and got him to sign a page he had drawn, this made me think and I'm sure it might not go down to well with OA collectors. Is an original art page not a copy of the pencil artist's work, because some one drew over an original work? If anyone can answer this I would be grateful, thanks.(thumbsu   Think of it as Leonardo pencilling the Mona Lisa and someone painted over it, who would the work be accredited too?     

Now you've done it Maurice. Run! 

On 5/1/2019 at 2:19 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Now you've done it Maurice. Run! 

Funny!  Of course, there are story writers, and editors, layout artists, brainstormers, and many other contributors to the "original comic art" we love. The collaborative aspect makes it interesting!  David

Edited by aokartman
edit