• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 1MCS - What;s Everyone Waiting For??

13 posts in this topic

Are there any sales of this variant?  No one seems to be offering this anywhere, except one that's "a tad bit out there".  What is everyone waiting for?  What is this, a, no you go first, no you, no you??(shrug)  Just curious? :ohnoez:

Edited by GarBear
Was unclear, wrong conclusion.

Yeah, I asked for a straight forward answer to a straight forward question and get back a bunch of "Mr. Cools" with cute sayings and 'Self Important Grandiose Remarks'.  Oh, how impressive you bunch of two year olds think you are.  I've been a collector for over 35 years and have never run up against the likes of you guys.  Hey, please don't answer back, I just don't need any more "comic geeky cool " from people that believe they're better than the rest of us collectors.  Too bad this type of is allowed.  And note, my tag, which, I sold, Hero for Hire three years ago for $910 at a CGC 9.0. I don't need to push new comics, I have enough old stuff to keep me busy for many years. Yeah, I've been around the block a few times myself, funny guys!:frustrated:

1 hour ago, GarBear said:

Yeah, I asked for a straight forward answer to a straight forward question and get back a bunch of "Mr. Cools" with cute sayings and 'Self Important Grandiose Remarks'.  Oh, how impressive you bunch of two year olds think you are.  I've been a collector for over 35 years and have never run up against the likes of you guys.  Hey, please don't answer back, I just don't need any more "comic geeky cool " from people that believe they're better than the rest of us collectors.  Too bad this type of is allowed.  And note, my tag, which, I sold, Hero for Hire three years ago for $910 at a CGC 9.0. I don't need to push new comics, I have enough old stuff to keep me busy for many years. Yeah, I've been around the block a few times myself, funny guys!:frustrated:

You're the one who posted a bunch of gibberish that nobody understood and now you're getting upset? How do you expect anybody to answer if it's unclear what the hell you're trying to say?

Get lost. Forever.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, GarBear said:

Are there any sales of this variant?  No one seems to be offering this anywhere, except one that's "a tad bit out there".  What is everyone waiting for?  What is this, a, no you go first, no you, no you??(shrug)  Just curious? :ohnoez:

The copy on MCS's site is a consignment copy, and they are often priced significantly higher with the price set by the seller (I think MCS were going to look at the vast price discrepancies the consignment process often throws up).

Here it is on eBay, alongside a more affordable copy which shows it can be picked up for less:

1mcs.thumb.PNG.9b9f510b9488769955a21202b72ffdf8.PNG

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

The copy on MCS's site is a consignment copy, and they are often priced significantly higher with the price set by the seller (I think MCS were going to look at the vast price discrepancies the consignment process often throws up).

Here it is on eBay, alongside a more affordable copy which shows it can be picked up for less:

1mcs.thumb.PNG.9b9f510b9488769955a21202b72ffdf8.PNG

Get Marwood & I

Thanks for the straight up answer.  That one on Ebay, although not CGC is much cheaper than MCS.  I missed it, since it was only offered yesterday, thanks!  It says NM but... I guess that's the risk one takes.  They did a good job showing all the corners.  Looks very good.  Now just have to decide if I buy an ungraded or graded book.  I tend to go for the graded but... (shrug)

1 hour ago, GarBear said:

Get Marwood & I

Thanks for the straight up answer.  That one on Ebay, although not CGC is much cheaper than MCS.  I missed it, since it was only offered yesterday, thanks!  It says NM but... I guess that's the risk one takes.  They did a good job showing all the corners.  Looks very good.  Now just have to decide if I buy an ungraded or graded book.  I tend to go for the graded but... (shrug)

You're welcome GarBear. It's not a book I'm familiar with, so I cant say if it's value for money at that price and, as you said yourself, there aren't many examples to guide you. I've paid silly money for Spidey variants in the past though, so there's no way I'm going to criticise you if you proceed. Fairly new seller though, so take care.

Since you’ve been around the block for some time let’s have you sit down from all that traveling and maybe learn a little something. 

Nothing funny here. Just some good  ol' facts. 

Edited by Awax