• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Comic Book Day 2019
1 1

43 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here is my assessment.

Man, if this is the state of the industry, it's in trouble. I haven't bought Moderns in years and know why. Especially for about $4. a book. Who buys this stuff and why? I really can't reccomend anyone spending their time and money on stuff like this. Did I miss a good one? Maybe, but I doubt it.

At least they were Free...

Best reading for me on FCBD by far was 'Tex Patagonia,' a Western comic with good artwork that seemed to be from Heavy Metal mag or :acclaim: Metal Hurlant.

Stories in the marvel ones seemed terrible to me. They should just start doing some reprints of classic stories to bring in young people to the industry mixed with new stories that are on their reading level and kid character centric. My kids took the books happily but they either didnt want to finish reading them or didnt understand what the heck was going on. Other than Donnie cates marvel needs to hire someone who can tell a coherent story.