• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit this to CGC?

33 posts in this topic

I should've asked that first.  I certainly think u have a shot but you need a risk/reward analysis.

If u were submitting enough to meet pre screen requirements, then u could ask if they can prescreen if it's in a slab already.  Since they're advertising converting competitors slabs, may be worth calling them and asking if they can prescreen it w/o submitting a bunch.

15 hours ago, DADDYDC650 said:

You think? I paid about $1350 for it so I’d be bummed if it came back as a 9.6.

Will your decision to cross-submit be based on increasing the market value and desirability by converting it from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.8? Or because your personal collecting preference is to have this book or all your books in a CGC slab?

If it's reason 1, in at $1350, leave it alone. If it returns 9.6, you take a sizable hit, and CBCS to CGC, the odds are against you, IMO. If it's the latter reason, and you won't fully enjoy ownership unless CGC 9.8 graded, take the shot, although IMO, the majority of CBCS 9.8s are not up to par with CGC 9.8s on a whole.

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Will your decision to cross-submit be based on increasing the market value and desirability by converting it from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.8? Or because your personal collecting preference is to have this book or all your books in a CGC slab?

If it's reason 1, in at $1350, leave it alone. If it returns 9.6, you take a sizable hit, and CBCS to CGC, the odds are against you, IMO. If it's the latter reason, and you won't fully enjoy ownership unless CGC 9.8 graded, take the shot, although IMO, the majority of CBCS 9.8s are not up to par with CGC 9.8s on a whole.

Reason #2. I’ll try and take pics with better lighting today. Most notably of the spine and corners. 

Edited by DADDYDC650

10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes, Preparation H, does feel good.... on the whole.... :roflmao:

I would recommend, much like the others, to leave it as is.  You have invested quite a bit into it already and the possibility of dropping to a 9.6 is definitely there.  So you have to ask your self (in the best Dirty Harry voice) "Do I feel lucky?  Well do ya punk?"

16 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I would recommend, much like the others, to leave it as is.  You have invested quite a bit into it already and the possibility of dropping to a 9.6 is definitely there.  So you have to ask your self (in the best Dirty Harry voice) "Do I feel lucky?  Well do ya punk?"

I do feel lucky. It looks like a legit 9.8 to me but what do I know? I really want a CGC 9.8 graded BA 12 to add to my collection.

Question, should I have it pressed  by CGC or leave as is when I send it in?

Sell it and buy a CGC 9.8 if that's what you want. Selling a CBCS 9.8 versus coming back a CGC 9.6 will not net the same amount of money. I have a CBCS ASM 129 9.6 and it looks great, every bit as nice as my CGC 9.6's. If I ever plan on getting a CGC version then I will buy one and sell this as is. 

38 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Read through this thread to see if you want to submit a PGX book to CGC based on others results.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/440674-cgc-crossover-special-get-50off-for-cgc-to-grade-other-companies-slabs/page/4/

Seems like most graded comics from CBCS come out graded the same if not better?

Just now, WoWitHurts said:

Sell it and buy a CGC 9.8 if that's what you want. Selling a CBCS 9.8 versus coming back a CGC 9.6 will not net the same amount of money. I have a CBCS ASM 129 9.6 and it looks great, every bit as nice as my CGC 9.6's. If I ever plan on getting a CGC version then I will buy one and sell this as is. 

That's an option but I'd probably only get around $1800 if I'm lucky and that's before ebay fees.