Should I submit this to CGC?
1 1

33 posts in this topic

14 posts
Posted (edited)

Wondering if I should submit this to CGC. Hoping for a 9.8. Thoughts?

IMG_0575.jpg

 

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Edited by DADDYDC650
New pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492 posts

Not going to share the original grade?

hard to tell from the pictures but there appears to be a scrape near Harley’s breast. Not sure if that’s on case or comic. If it’s comic your chances of a 9.8 are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts
Posted (edited)

It’s a 9.8 from CBCS. That scrape is definitely the case.

Edited by DADDYDC650

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts
5 minutes ago, csaag said:

I would give it a shot if I were you

You think? I paid about $1350 for it so I’d be bummed if it came back as a 9.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366 posts

I should've asked that first.  I certainly think u have a shot but you need a risk/reward analysis.

If u were submitting enough to meet pre screen requirements, then u could ask if they can prescreen if it's in a slab already.  Since they're advertising converting competitors slabs, may be worth calling them and asking if they can prescreen it w/o submitting a bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519 posts
15 hours ago, DADDYDC650 said:

You think? I paid about $1350 for it so I’d be bummed if it came back as a 9.6.

Will your decision to cross-submit be based on increasing the market value and desirability by converting it from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.8? Or because your personal collecting preference is to have this book or all your books in a CGC slab?

If it's reason 1, in at $1350, leave it alone. If it returns 9.6, you take a sizable hit, and CBCS to CGC, the odds are against you, IMO. If it's the latter reason, and you won't fully enjoy ownership unless CGC 9.8 graded, take the shot, although IMO, the majority of CBCS 9.8s are not up to par with CGC 9.8s on a whole.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Will your decision to cross-submit be based on increasing the market value and desirability by converting it from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.8? Or because your personal collecting preference is to have this book or all your books in a CGC slab?

If it's reason 1, in at $1350, leave it alone. If it returns 9.6, you take a sizable hit, and CBCS to CGC, the odds are against you, IMO. If it's the latter reason, and you won't fully enjoy ownership unless CGC 9.8 graded, take the shot, although IMO, the majority of CBCS 9.8s are not up to par with CGC 9.8s on a whole.

 

Reason #2. I’ll try and take pics with better lighting today. Most notably of the spine and corners. 

Edited by DADDYDC650

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
510 posts
10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Will your decision to cross-submit be based on increasing the market value and desirability by converting it from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.8? Or because your personal collecting preference is to have this book or all your books in a CGC slab?

If it's reason 1, in at $1350, leave it alone. If it returns 9.6, you take a sizable hit, and CBCS to CGC, the odds are against you, IMO. If it's the latter reason, and you won't fully enjoy ownership unless CGC 9.8 graded, take the shot, although IMO, the majority of CBCS 9.8s are not up to par with CGC 9.8s on a whole.

 

Yes, Preparation H, does feel good.... on the whole.... :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,654 posts

Personally, I'd leave it as is.  Too big of a gamble if CGC grades it at 9.6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639 posts

I would recommend, much like the others, to leave it as is.  You have invested quite a bit into it already and the possibility of dropping to a 9.6 is definitely there.  So you have to ask your self (in the best Dirty Harry voice) "Do I feel lucky?  Well do ya punk?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts
16 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I would recommend, much like the others, to leave it as is.  You have invested quite a bit into it already and the possibility of dropping to a 9.6 is definitely there.  So you have to ask your self (in the best Dirty Harry voice) "Do I feel lucky?  Well do ya punk?"

I do feel lucky. It looks like a legit 9.8 to me but what do I know? I really want a CGC 9.8 graded BA 12 to add to my collection.

Question, should I have it pressed  by CGC or leave as is when I send it in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
539 posts

Sell it and buy a CGC 9.8 if that's what you want. Selling a CBCS 9.8 versus coming back a CGC 9.6 will not net the same amount of money. I have a CBCS ASM 129 9.6 and it looks great, every bit as nice as my CGC 9.6's. If I ever plan on getting a CGC version then I will buy one and sell this as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts
Just now, WoWitHurts said:

Sell it and buy a CGC 9.8 if that's what you want. Selling a CBCS 9.8 versus coming back a CGC 9.6 will not net the same amount of money. I have a CBCS ASM 129 9.6 and it looks great, every bit as nice as my CGC 9.6's. If I ever plan on getting a CGC version then I will buy one and sell this as is. 

That's an option but I'd probably only get around $1800 if I'm lucky and that's before ebay fees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
539 posts

And if it comes back a CGC 9.6 what can you get for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts
2 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

And if it comes back a CGC 9.6 what can you get for it?

Probably $300 less than what I paid... ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1