• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit this to CGC?

33 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

There ya go, I was just doing a quick search cause I was bored.

Here is a CBCS that sold 2 months ago in 9.8 for $1650.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Batman-Adventures-12-Sep-1993-DC-CBCS-9-8/382778071925?epid=85465166&hash=item591f59db75:g:pkAAAOSwTwtcXRIg

My point is why risk the drop. Sell it and pay the up-charge for the CGC 9.8. Personally, though I buy mostly CGC books I think CBCS are on par and have no problem picking one up if the price is right or it is a scarce book to get like my CBCS ASM 114.

Edited by WoWitHurts
spelling

3 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

Here is a CBCS that sold 2 months ago in 9.8 for $1650.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Batman-Adventures-12-Sep-1993-DC-CBCS-9-8/382778071925?epid=85465166&hash=item591f59db75:g:pkAAAOSwTwtcXRIg

My point is why risk the drop. Sell it and pay the uncharge for the CGC 9.8. Personally, though I buy mostly CGC books I think CBCS are on par and have no problem picking one up if the price is right or it is a scarce book to get like my CBCS ASM 114.

I might go this route if most folks think it won't come back a CGC 9.8. Just posted some more pics with better lighting.

2 minutes ago, DADDYDC650 said:

I might go this route if most folks think it won't come back a CGC 9.8. Just posted some more pics with better lighting.

Bottom staple looks a little off to me, but that could be manufacturing issue and ignored?  Top corner and along the spine on the back below the top corner looks like some color wear (white).

I think it is really risky and you would be better off selling it as is and either grabbing one CGC on BIN for a little more or bid sniping one if you are patient enough.

7 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Bottom staple looks a little off to me, but that could be manufacturing issue and ignored?  Top corner and along the spine on the back below the top corner looks like some color wear (white).

I think it is really risky and you would be better off selling it as is and either grabbing one CGC on BIN for a little more or bid sniping one if you are patient enough.

Pretty sure that's how the bottom staple is on most copies. Just compared it with some CGC graded copies on eBay.

12 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

Yes, Preparation H, does feel good.... on the whole.... :roflmao:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. My condolences.  Hope it all turns out well in the end and that nobody here is quite crass enough or has the burning desire to make you the butt end of any chop busting.

2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Read through this thread to see if you want to submit a PGX book to CGC based on others results.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/440674-cgc-crossover-special-get-50off-for-cgc-to-grade-other-companies-slabs/page/4/

Unless you have no fear of learning the terrible truth, financially, PGX cross-submitted to CGC =

death-wish-featur-photo.jpg

CGC certainly isn't handing out 9.8's like they used to.  If there's a single spine tic (no matter how small) or wear anywhere it will get a 9.6.  However, I would submit that book.  From what I can see there isn't a single defect on the book.

To answer the original question, it looks like a 9.8, and having any book regraded (not reholdered,) even by the same company, risks a grade change. 

What I’m wondering is the logic behind having it regraded by CGC. 

My collection is roughly half CGC, half CBCS, I hold neither in higher regard than the other. I own 0 PGX.

@comicquant Exhibits A and B from the Joosh Collection show small spine ticks on very recently graded CGC 9.8’s. They are tiny and singular, but they are there.

15960532-C515-4028-8B67-D9857AB6ACEC.jpeg

117E5A86-FE57-45C6-B5AB-B0DBF0DAAC7F.jpeg