Rating spec books
14 14

345 posts in this topic

6,223 posts
12 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Some rumor an Ultimates movie is "in development;" spec is it would be the second line-up, since the first one was basically the Avengers.

Dr Fate was in the Avengers:headbang:

19 posts

Bump for being awesome 👏 

Also how about Secret War #2? Any potential upside to it now that AOS is finishing?

308 posts
9 hours ago, dikran1 said:

Bump for being awesome 👏 

Also how about Secret War #2? Any potential upside to it now that AOS is finishing?

Secret wars maybe not 2

229 posts

Great thread but I think u missed watchmen 1 and asm 629 I think 1st iron spider actually there’s a few more idk

3,212 posts
On 4/28/2019 at 11:59 AM, the authority said:

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say but predicting the future is about making intelligent, well informed guesses. So I’m going to put up some spec books that have potential to be important but aren’t locks. On a scale of 1-10, share your opinions if you will. I’m starting with some personal favorites. Feel free to add your own. Looking for growth potential. Longshots welcome. 😊

Starting with Vengeance #1. First appearance of America Chavez. She is or has been a member of the Young Avengers, Ultimates, West Caost Avengers etc. it doesn’t hurt that the cover to the is a Dell’otto or that the entire creative team are superstars.

My personal experience with this book is as follows. Sent 9 of my 12 to CGC for 9.8 prescreen. Only 3 came back 9.8. Worst return rate I’ve received other than UF #4. 

She appeals to many and is an all original character. Her versatility is important as she can easily fit in almost setting. I believe she is movie bound and could be a star.

Rating 

Raw NM  = 7 of 10

CGC 9.8 =. 8 of 10

761EA2A4-CF8D-4D58-A0A2-3B0ED9BC2C42.jpeg

This should maybe rate a little higher.