• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am on a fairly long quest to complete my Registry set with each issue signed by the writer and either cover or interior artist.   That is 50 Signature Series books in total.  I'm 2/3 of the way after 10 months but getting to the end will require that I hunt down people for signatures and also risk some expensive 9.8s and hope nothing in the signature process tanks the grade.

Have you completed a major collecting goal?  What was it???   Post no matter how small or big, as long as you have a sense of accomplishment!!!

Edited by BladeTX

Just now, bc said:

Have patience.....this took nearly a decade:

It gets worse near the end of the hunt - I went a little stupid and spent more than I should have to get it done.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

-bc

(worship)(worship)(worship)

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I have completed many collecting goals.

One is a complete run of Amazing Spider Man from AF 15 , ASM 1- 700

I am having a hell of a good time collecting Warren horror books.

I have completed my Vampirella,  Creepy, Blazing Combat runs. Still working on my Eerie run.

what's the best story or story arc in that ASM run? I'd like to read some good ASM stories. I've got the Omnibus' 1-3

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

ASM 31-33 Is by far the best.

thanks. Let me look at those. 

EDIT: just look those up. Yes, they were good. Hate reading the Omnibuses becuase of size, although love reading letters

Edited by NoMan

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

short answer is "yes"

I started collecting Batman as a kid at about 12.  Since then I have completed the run from 1 to about 620. This pic is from when I finished the run.  Batman 10 was the last issue I needed to finish the run.  I look like a zombie because I finished the run shortly after my son was born and sleep was a big luxury.

61278-Batman_fan.jpg

I think I heard a distant mic just hit the floor....

Congrats Sir! 

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

short answer is "yes"

I started collecting Batman as a kid at about 12.  Since then I have completed the run from 1 to about 620. This pic is from when I finished the run.  Batman 10 was the last issue I needed to finish the run.  I look like a zombie because I finished the run shortly after my son was born and sleep was a big luxury.

61278-Batman_fan.jpg

^^(worship)

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

A more recent goal was to land a Charles Schulz Peanuts strip.  I was going to be happy with scoring a strip I liked but somehow I ended up snagging (i.e. paying a ton for) three strips I love.

Now I have the new goal to snag a Sunday but going to wait for the right one.

Peanuts_1_26_62.jpg

Peanuts_7_25_61.jpg

peanuts1959.jpg

Just Wow! That's like a Rembrandt of comic strips.