• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was happy to get the first 2 and 1/2 appearances of the Punisher with a Mark Jeweler Insert.....

ASM #129 1st Punisher MJI, ASM #134 Punisher Cameo MJI, and ASM #135 2nd Full Punisher MJI

Love those MJs!  Got a ASM 316 with MJ insert, newsstand, signed by McFarlane.  Alas, only a CGC 8.0...

1 minute ago, exitmusicblue said:
7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was happy to get the first 2 and 1/2 appearances of the Punisher with a Mark Jeweler Insert.....

ASM #129 1st Punisher MJI, ASM #134 Punisher Cameo MJI, and ASM #135 2nd Full Punisher MJI

Love those MJs!  Got a ASM 316 with MJ insert, newsstand, signed by McFarlane.  Alas, only a CGC 8.0...

Thanks! Ya mine are low grade too, the ASM 129 is a 3.0, the 135 is 6.5

The 134 is like 7.0 or 7.5...

I set a goal 6 months ago of getting GSXM1, X-Men 94, and X-Men 101.  I acheived that but got them all in slabs at 6.0.  Now I want a high grade for each and a lower grade for each.  GSXM1 might be out of reach for me.  That book is white hot right now.  101 has cooled down even before the next Phoenix movie.  Might be a good tme for that.

On 4/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, bc said:

Have patience.....this took nearly a decade:

It gets worse near the end of the hunt - I went a little stupid and spent more than I should have to get it done.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

-bc

I was inspired by your awesome pre hero collection to pursue the Atlas pre hero runs.

No where near your collection, but I have met some minor milestones, first the pre hero run of AA/Amazing adult fantasy 1-14, then a year or so ago the Strange tales 1-100 run.

Not yet at my collecting goal, but hit a few milestones along the journey

My other Collecting goals are largely stalled and likely going to remain so for quite some time.

Looking to complete:

ASM: AF #15 then 1-700  Need the big 2 which just keep climbing faster than my savings

full 30 cent variants set : The last 2 are incredibly tough TGK 129 and KC 208

full 35 cent variant set. Need all the tough books here, not likely to complete this one ever.

Getting every EC Library hardcover slipcased set took over 2 decades, with my first, Weird Science, in 1981, and my last, the Picto-Fiction set, in the mid 2000s.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Wow, that takes dedication!

Do you have this or ever seen one?

The Walking Dead “Chop Shop” 2013 produced by Hyundai for a single trade show giveaway. Only about a 1,000 produced. Very cool has hand applied black tape spine....NFS...

E5621E2E-F627-4003-A196-34D72D738A38.jpeg

E4A5D00E-B23F-4D15-A2C0-E541BE914961.jpeg

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, that takes dedication!

Do you have this or ever seen one?

The Walking Dead “Chop Shop” 2013 produced by Hyundai for a single trade show giveaway. Only about a 1,000 produced. Very cool has hand applied black tape spine....NFS...

E5621E2E-F627-4003-A196-34D72D738A38.jpeg

E4A5D00E-B23F-4D15-A2C0-E541BE914961.jpeg

Very cool! No, never seen that.  

The major end goal is my final comic room. It's a long term work in progress. Continual delays with stuff like the Prime 1 Studio Snake Eyes statue.

But a big goal when I was younger was getting Amazing Spider-Man #122. But I still need an original Spider-Man page. I want a page with all of my favorite heroes.