• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny stuff 1-79

Very cool.  I've never collected the DC humor books to the same extent that I collect those from Dell, Harvey, Gold Key and others, but I've thought about adding Funny Stuff and Peter Porkchops and a couple of others to my want list.  I'm 13 issues away from a complete set of New Funnies and 9 issues away from a complete set of Looney Tunes.  Funny Stuff would fit right in.

Did the AF15-ASM Current run...

That was about it at this point.  Would I like to own a TOS 39?  Probably... but there are other things I want to put my money toward. 

Now I just go after GA books that interest me.  Right now, I am monitoring EC Sci Fi and Crime and horror books...

But even then... I just pick up something here and there.  I don't want to keep moving the goalposts back. 

Edited by Buzzetta

20 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I never really completed any goals.  I used to have a HG Four Color and western collection.  Around 800 books.  After that, I spent a decade collecting only Action Comics.  I had about 85 slabs from #1 through #100.  I never had any of the 4 mega keys, with the exception of the 1st wrap of Action #1  All were 4,0 or better with the exception of #3 and #12.   They were all sold in 2013, and the money was used for a house.  I do still have this, though.

cgcregistryawards001.jpg

Past the point of Delirium, on my own here we go :banana: your Awesome! Congrats on the house too :foryou: !!

11 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Very cool! No, never seen that.  

A guy that I use for commercial printing gave it to me because he knows I am a comic guy. Has nice spot gloss UV coating inside. A very expensive print job that he did for them. Said they only printed 1,000. He had two copies left. He kept one for his files and gave me the other one. No body seems to know about it.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

A guy that I use for commercial printing gave it to me because he knows I am a comic guy. Has nice spot gloss UV coating inside. A very expensive print job that he did for them. Said they only printed 1,000. He had two copies left. He kept one for his files and gave me the other one. No body seems to know about it.

What's on the interiors?

41 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I never really completed any goals.  I used to have a HG Four Color and western collection.  Around 800 books.  After that, I spent a decade collecting only Action Comics.  I had about 85 slabs from #1 through #100.  I never had any of the 4 mega keys, with the exception of the 1st wrap of Action #1  All were 4,0 or better with the exception of #3 and #12.   They were all sold in 2013, and the money was used for a house.  I do still have this, though.

cgcregistryawards001.jpg

I did the same thing back in the very early '80's Mike. Sold off Bat #1, Wonder Woman #1, Cap #1, More Fun #52, All Star #3 and #8 and a bunch of others to buy my first place. A cool little duplex. It was hard but I had a wife and a kid and it was the right thing to do. No regrets other than that More Fun #52...  Looks like you got a beautiful piece of property for those books.

I completed several goals over my collecting history. At one time I had the non Superman and Wonder Woman DC hero titles from the Silver Age to the Bronze Age, including complete runs of Aquaman, Atom, Batman [#100 up], Beware the Creeper, Brave And Bold [#1 up], Captain Action, Detective [#225 up], Flash [#101 up]. Forever People, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Justice League of America, Kamandi, Mister Miracle, Metal Men, Metamorpho, Mystery in Space [#53 up - the Adam Strange issues], New Gods, Phantom Stranger, Plastic Man, Ragman, Rip Hunter Time Master, Showcase [#1 up], Swamp Thing, Tarzan [#207 up], Teen Titans, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen [Kirby issues] and many World's Finest [since Batman was co featured] but not all. I also had all the Marvel Silver Age to Bronze Age hero titles, including Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing Adventures [1970 title], Astonishing Tales [1970 title #1 to #20], Avengers, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Captain Savage, Champions, Conan, Combat Kelly, Daredevil, Defenders, Dr. Strange, Fantastic Four, Fantasy Masterpieces, Incredible Hulk [#1 to #6 and #102 up], Iron Man, Iron Man & SubMariner, Journey Into Mystery [#83 up],Kazar, Man-Thing, Marvel Feature, Marvel Preview [magazine], Marvel Spotlight, Marvel Super-Heroes [one-shot], Marvel Super-Heroes [series #12 up], Marvel Tales, Marvel Team-Up, Nick Fury Agent of Shield, Not Brand Ecch, Rampaging Hulk [magazine], Savage Tales [magazine], Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos, Silver Surfer, Strange Tales [#101 up], Tales of Suspense [#39 up], Tales to Astonish [#27 and #35 up], Thor, Warlock and X-Men [#1 to #66] and many issues of the pre-hero Marvel titles but not all. I do remember having  copies of Tales To Astonish #13 which introduced Groot and Strange Tales #89 with Fin Fang Foom. Most of these were sold in 1989, with only a few titles retained by me. 

I also succeeded in completing my set of all the non Marvel, Atom Age and Silver Age comics with Steve Ditko art. The majority being Charlton titles.These I still have.

55 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

24 stiff pages + covers of WD mayhem...

Some sample pages...

I contacted Hyundai to see if they had any laying around but they said they gave them all away at that show...

FFB52238-5B47-409C-955E-5D7FC2CB41EB.jpeg

F8516C33-4FA7-492A-8E73-3AB94591E78E.jpeg

310248B7-DEEB-4D74-85BE-036180F4ACC0.jpeg

4190037D-65A1-4688-8DF4-0B56D8DA6C0E.jpeg

That is really cool!  Hope to discover one someday.   Likely less expensive than rare comics like the Hyundai variant since it is not part of a set.

Rarity does not always equate to high value but to a completest of Walking Dead this is probably one of those books that few know about and would probably want pretty bad I would guess.

I like rare and hard to find stuff. One of the reasons I am pretty much a GA collector. Anyone, with enough money can complete say a Spiderman collection pretty quickly until you get into the giveaways and regional stuff.

Pretty cool that Hyndai teamed up with WD to produce something like this for only one application.

I hope you land one!  (thumbsu

Edited by Robot Man

8 hours ago, comicdonna said:

cgcregistryawards001.jpg

What designer did you wear to the awards ceremony?  :baiting: