• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I actually remember when you sold them and my jaw dropped.  I was late to the party but just by a few minutes.  Luckily those books traded hands a few times and I had picked up the major one I wanted from a board member when he decided to move them along.  When I went to visit Metropolis I had learned that the final buyer decided to consign the books to them and I won another two at auction.

Today 25, 33 and 83 currently sit in my collection with no plans of leaving anytime soon. What is weird though is that when I flip through them in the CGC box, I automatically refer to them in my mind as Mike's (Comicdonna's) books. 

That is awesome.  Thanks for letting me know.  :smile:

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

oh, yes

BEFORE:

consignment3.JPG

consignment4.JPG

consignment5.JPG

consignment6.JPG

Damn, look at those shelves buckle from the weight.   Wise move to change, I’m sure you miss the display though.  How many books is this?  I know someone with about 600 graded books in just one series and I can’t wrap my head around how much space that would take up,

I once spent 15 years looking for one book.  Does that count?  I know of only one other guy in the U.S. who has one.  Here's the story:

That beat out the two years I spent trying to find this book, which I quickly passed on to the collector who wanted and needed it most:

By comparison, my latest quest only took a couple of weeks.  Which was shocking.  I thought it would take a LOT longer.  But still got me something I don't think anyone else has:

2 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Damn, look at those shelves buckle from the weight.   Wise move to change, I’m sure you miss the display though.  How many books is this?  I know someone with about 600 graded books in just one series and I can’t wrap my head around how much space that would take up,

1125.  The display and the books are both gone. :cloud9:

5 hours ago, paperheart said:

AFTER:

consignment29.JPG

consignment30.JPG

I counted 43 CGC boxes.  I’ll guess 25 books each so the math on that is 1,075.  WOW.  That is at least $20K in grading fees...

13 minutes ago, paperheart said:

1125.  The display and the books are both gone. :cloud9:

Man, I was amazingly close guessing 1,075   Are you saying you sold all the comics?  What were they (in general)?

Edited by BladeTX

11 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I accomplish my collecting goals (and life goals in general) and then I knock them over, like a sand castle and I start over again. And again. And again.

Yeah, I change hobbies about every 5 years.   Earliest was comic collecting, coin collecting, guitar, shooting sports, wine, coin collecting again, guitar again, then comics.  I’ve come full circle!!!

On 4/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, oakman29 said:
On 4/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, NoMan said:

what's the best story or story arc in that ASM run? I'd like to read some good ASM stories. I've got the Omnibus' 1-3

ASM 31-33 Is by far the best.

Try 142-151! 

Edited by MGsimba77