• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, obiedagod said:

I achieved my slightly awesome goal of owning 10 Spider-Man #252's before the end of the year.

Just curious - why so many?  Variants?

Edited by BladeTX

6 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Just curious - why so many?  Variants?

When I get a new key I tend to want to get multiple copies for some reason. 

And as for variants- 9 newsstands, one direct.

53 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got back into comics about 5 years ago. I got out my old photojournals and made a list of my 100 favorite covers. My goal was to own all of them. Not keep all of them. My wife did not want me to spend our money so I pulled out a few of the best comics I had from when I collected in the early 90’s and sold them for 5k.  That’s all the money I put in.  

Five years later, a couple weeks ago, I got the last comic on the list that I never owned, Detective 31, and now have traded it for books I gave up in the process that are even better (to me). I traded for more than these two but these are the favorites.

F5531CC1-C2B3-4DEE-979D-9F6783C4AF9D.jpeg

1A8D6D93-F64A-443C-B88C-D9AAD0B773A4.jpeg

Great books! Good solid copies

:gossip:There’s a Science 2 in the current CC auction.

12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got back into comics about 5 years ago. I got out my old photojournals and made a list of my 100 favorite covers. My goal was to own all of them. Not keep all of them. My wife did not want me to spend our money so I pulled out a few of the best comics I had from when I collected in the early 90’s and sold them for 5k.  That’s all the money I put in.  

Five years later, a couple weeks ago, I got the last comic on the list that I never owned, Detective 31, and now have traded it for books I gave up in the process that are even better (to me). I traded for more than these two but these are the favorites.

F5531CC1-C2B3-4DEE-979D-9F6783C4AF9D.jpeg

1A8D6D93-F64A-443C-B88C-D9AAD0B773A4.jpeg

i've seen your books in the sales thread. to start with 5k "play" money and end up here. wow.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, BladeTX said:

That is really cool!  Hope to discover one someday.   Likely less expensive than rare comics like the Hyundai variant since it is not part of a set.

@BladeTX - I have two copies of this. I believe there were just 500, all given out at the NYCC 2013. They were both in great condition, and I had one of them CGC slabbed - came back at 9.8.

Happy to offer you the other one (which remains bagged but raw). If you want to trade, perhaps look at my 2003 with Variant set, and offer me something I don't have at 9.8?

Regards

Stephen

After buying GSX1 last year I had a goal to collect all the Big Premire issues of 1969 marvel. But smaller projects around the house and a couple emergencies dashed my hopes.

In the meantime i have finished Lady Death (boundless) and Harris/anarchy Vampi series instead.

That Ironman 1 is going to be the last one i go after. I do have Sub-mariner 8.5 cgc already i bought two years ago for cheap

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I completed a run of Planet Comics.

Once I completed I started to work on upgrading them and to me that is ongoing.

In addition to the complete run I wanted to own some original art from the series and completed that.

One of the other goals I had for the Planet run was to try acquire a Planet from the Edgar Church collection, I managed to do it thanks to Metropolis finally selling the run.

pla1.655a.jpg

you're like some kind of Admiral Halsey of collecting-set battle goals and accomplish them-one by one.

I am nearing my ASM 1-100 collection 3 books missing but finished my ASM 1-10 collection.

Just need a good deal on ASM 14 , 23 and 44 to pull the trigger.. but its weird I kind of don't want to finish the collection as knowing I need a few more keeps me hunting for more but I don't know if finishing the collection kind of removes the hunting spirit not sure if anyone else has these emotions when finishing a collection specially one they spent a while trying to finish. 

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

I am nearing my ASM 1-100 collection 3 books missing but finished my ASM 1-10 collection.

Just need a good deal on ASM 14 , 23 and 44 to pull the trigger.. but its weird I kind of don't want to finish the collection as knowing I need a few more keeps me hunting for more but I don't know if finishing the collection kind of removes the hunting spirit not sure if anyone else has these emotions when finishing a collection specially one they spent a while trying to finish. 

That's what I thought too, but then I went from 1-100 onto 101-300, and so on until I got to 700. Thats when I finally had to stop the run.