• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2019 at 8:02 AM, StephenWA said:

@BladeTX - I have two copies of this. I believe there were just 500, all given out at the NYCC 2013. They were both in great condition, and I had one of them CGC slabbed - came back at 9.8.

Happy to offer you the other one (which remains bagged but raw). If you want to trade, perhaps look at my 2003 with Variant set, and offer me something I don't have at 9.8?

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen, PM me if you are still interested.  I have no idea what these are worth.  I do not have any TWD variants graded by CGC - I only collect the main series, Books 1 to 50.

The only goal I've accomplished is completing the 1990s Guardians of the Galaxy with annuals and spinoffs.

l'm actually in the process of refocusing my collecting goals right now. I'm giving up on trying to collect a wide range of Silver Age Marvel titles in low grade. Instead, I'm going to try go collect everything Fantastic Four, everything original recipe Guardians of Galaxy, the 1990s Namor, the Submariner, and specific eras/runs of Captain America.

I doubt I'll ever get everything FF but if I can get every issue from 25 up in low grade, I'll be happy.

Edited by Mr. Spider-Woman

On 8/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, oakman29 said:

That's what I thought too, but then I went from 1-100 onto 101-300, and so on until I got to 700. Thats when I finally had to stop the run.

I think I fell into the same thought as you as I found a few in the 101 - 300 and pulled the trigger now I am starting to do the 101-300 and just picked up from Ricksneatstuff ASM 23 so nearing the end of the 1-100 but starting the 101-300 lol :whee:

3 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I think I fell into the same thought as you as I found a few in the 101 - 300 and pulled the trigger now I am starting to do the 101-300 and just picked up from Ricksneatstuff ASM 23 so nearing the end of the 1-100 but starting the 101-300 lol :whee:

It's a sickness! 🤮

5 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

This started in 2014 with #96 with no intention at all in doing this. I love Moira MacTaggert as a character. I just wanted to eventually get my hands on a GSXM and leave it at that. In early 2018 I decided the hell with it... I'll do this while I can and put aside some FFs, ASMs. I suspected these early X issues were going to start simmering soon so I went full speed ahead! Obviously I kept this thread in mind because this actually took a little discipline. One thing that's easier said than done is collecting discipline! I suck at it most of the time lol! So yeah...here it is guys :cloud9:

20210402_183118.jpg

20210402_142038.jpg

:x

Goals I had accomplished

Complete Batman and Tec silver age to the end runs

Complete Green lantern vol2 run

Complete Flash Vol 3 run

Complete Marvel Star Wars run

Complete Marvel Transformers run

Complete Matvel GI Joe run

Complete Wolverine run

Complete Captain America 100-454

Xmen 94-544

The only run I never completed that I really wanted to was the Flash 105 - 350

Unfortunately now I own exactly 1 comic. Spy Smasher #1

Edited by Shadow Images

33 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

Goals I had accomplished

Complete Batman and Tec silver age to the end runs

Complete Green lantern vol2 run

Complete Flash Vol 3 run

Complete Marvel Star Wars run

Complete Marvel Transformers run

Complete Matvel GI Joe run

Complete Wolverine run

Complete Captain America 100-454

Xmen 94-544

The only run I never completed that I really wanted to was the Flash 105 - 350

Unfortunately now I own exactly 1 comic. Spy Smasher #1

Its a good book.was it intentionnal or something happened to your collection?but that book is big ,great(worship)

4 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

This started in 2014 with #96 with no intention at all in doing this. I love Moira MacTaggert as a character. I just wanted to eventually get my hands on a GSXM and leave it at that. In early 2018 I decided the hell with it... I'll do this while I can and put aside some FFs, ASMs. I suspected these early X issues were going to start simmering soon so I went full speed ahead! Obviously I kept this thread in mind because this actually took a little discipline. One thing that's easier said than done is collecting discipline! I suck at it most of the time lol! So yeah...here it is guys :cloud9:

20210402_183118.jpg

20210402_142038.jpg

To bed X-Men never really took off. 😲

Oh well, at least you can go back to your other collecting goals!

Congrats on finishing! That's always a huge thrill. And congrats on locking down the big boys before the surge! You really made out well. 

19 hours ago, Namtak said:

Its a good book.was it intentionnal or something happened to your collection?but that book is big ,great(worship)

It has been a hard few years with my wife health. I chose to give up collecting. I still have some OA and a few toys/statues to get rid of. I want to spend as much time with my wife doing things/going places while we can.

I guess I've always had two goals. 1) Get a high grade copy of ever Silver/Bronze Marvel, 2) and complete a high grade CGC FF run.

The first goal was always limited by my wallet and pretty much ended in 2000 when prices just got too high. Did end up with a mountain of comics though.

I'm closing in on my second goal. Eight books left (and some moderns).