• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

188 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2019 at 5:49 PM, BladeTX said:

I did it!  With this book Walking Dead #79, I have completed #1 to 191 with most regular issue variants (no convention editions, there are like 100 of those) plus all 60 of the 15th Anniversary Variants (3 magazine holders on the top right), not going after the five 1:100 copies.  First 27 are all CGC 9.8 Signature Series and #28 onward are NM/NM+ raw books.  Took a while for a good NM copy of #79 to show up on eBay.  It was an 18 month project.  Now for my big goal, 1-50 all CGC 9.8 Signature Series, which will require new signatures so expect that to take a while.

2C370F39-DA77-42E2-8F5B-F9F18EA3C0A8.jpeg

4D506695-6C30-4753-BF75-C76431F92E6E.jpeg

Well someone reacted to this old post so how about an update?  I am 5 books away from completing TWD 1-50 with 2xSS+ In 9.8.  At minimum it is Kirkman and either Moore or Adlard.  Sometimes all 3, sometimes with sketches.  4 of those 5 books have Kirkman’s sig so just need a con with one of the artists.  Almost there.  Nearly 4 years work!!

Yes and no

I had the goal of a Spider-Man #1 for a long time and the closest I got was a GD copy at WWChicago that was $2k at the time. That would've been all my money, plus all the lady's, plus dinner and then maybe some more (just couldn't justify it at the time). 

I wanted to put together the best runs of Freak Brothers (1sts) that I could afford. I made that goal back in 2004. But I sold my best copy of Freak Brothers #1 and I cannot find Freak Brothers #12-13 much past VFNM. I think IF the cartoon hits I'm probably priced out. 

I did finish X-Men #1-19 (Lee/Kirby run) right before pandemic and it felt good because I sold some extra Spawn to pay for #6 and #35. I'm bad at selling. That goal took 8 years and now I'd like to extend up to my #35. 

Spawn 1-current in NM+ except the 30 most expensive variants, some are so pricey they aren't even on my want list

I finished Usagi Yojimbo, all comics except Albedo #2. There are some recent store exclusives I chased and some I didn't. 

21 hours ago, batman_fan said:

WOW!  What a great way to share your books.  Images are incredible.  Congrats on the accomplishment, what’s next?

Thanks! Once I finished that run, I started collecting Master of Kung Fu 15-125 (slabbed, high grade) and Marvel SA Keys. I am about 2/3 done with MOKF, and have been sitting on the sidelines in Marvel books since last Fall. Realistically I'm probably not buying anything moving forward apart from TPB collections of new indy stuff that catches my eye. My other hobby  - tabletop miniatures - turned into a business which is taking up all my geek energy.