Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
7 7

130 posts in this topic

12,320 posts
8 minutes ago, walclark said:

I finished off my Golden Age Hitler cover run.  Some of the comics are really hard to find.

Now that is one heck of an accomplishment (worship)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,320 posts
Just now, nepatkm said:

Yes, raw-many, graded...takes time,money, and patience. 

So far my biggest graded collecting goal completed is, The Tomb of Dracula #1-70, and related Annuals 1-5 -in CGC 9.2 and higher. Took me a decade to complete. 

Im not loaded with cash :sorry:

but for me to complete that set was an incredible feeling.  :cloud9:

Dude, that is a great run to chase and finishing it is quite the accomplishment too !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,882 posts
15 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Yes, raw-many, graded...takes time,money, and patience. 

Not as cool as the above mentioned...

So far my biggest graded collecting goal completed is, The Tomb of Dracula #1-70, and related Annuals 1-5 -in CGC 9.2 and higher. Took me a decade to complete. 

Im not loaded with cash :sorry:

but for me to complete that set was an incredible feeling.  :cloud9:

Crazy cool run. Dont sell yourself short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383 posts
1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

short answer is "yes"

I started collecting Batman as a kid at about 12.  Since then I have completed the run from 1 to about 620. This pic is from when I finished the run.  Batman 10 was the last issue I needed to finish the run.  I look like a zombie because I finished the run shortly after my son was born and sleep was a big luxury.

61278-Batman_fan.jpg

That's an amazing picture. Congrats!  What is your fave Batman cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277 posts
2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I have completed many collecting goals.

One is a complete run of Amazing Spider Man from AF 15 , ASM 1- 700

I am having a hell of a good time collecting Warren horror books.

I have completed my Vampirella,  Creepy, Blazing Combat runs. Still working on my Eerie run.

Damn AF15 and ASM 1-700 is incredible.  How long did that take you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277 posts
1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

He's got every run in the Marvel universe. :headbang:

I was shocked to find an eBay listing for $250K of the following:

Also if you'd be interested in a MEGA MASSIVE Marvel collection I'd sell

spider-man 1 to 800

avengers 1 to 503

captain America 100 to 600

daredevil 1 to 500

fantastic four 1 to 645

iron man 1 to 500

x-men 1 to 600

with journey into mystery 86 (1st Thor)

tales of suspense 39 (1st iron man)

along with first Ant-man, Wasp, Dr strange, Luke cage, Iron fist

and Hulk 181 and Giant Size X-Men 1

included along with 2,000 bonus random extras

all for $250,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,882 posts
2 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

I was shocked to find an eBay listing for $250K of the following:

Also if you'd be interested in a MEGA MASSIVE Marvel collection I'd sell

spider-man 1 to 800

avengers 1 to 503

captain America 100 to 600

daredevil 1 to 500

fantastic four 1 to 645

iron man 1 to 500

x-men 1 to 600

with journey into mystery 86 (1st Thor)

tales of suspense 39 (1st iron man)

along with first Ant-man, Wasp, Dr strange, Luke cage, Iron fist

and Hulk 181 and Giant Size X-Men 1

included along with 2,000 bonus random extras

all for $250,000

Journey into mystery  83 is the 1st Thor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
462 posts
1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

Yes, raw-many, graded...takes time,money, and patience. 

Not as cool as the above mentioned...

So far my biggest graded collecting goal completed is, The Tomb of Dracula #1-70, and related Annuals 1-5 -in CGC 9.2 and higher. Took me a decade to complete. 

Im not loaded with cash :sorry:

but for me to complete that set was an incredible feeling.  :cloud9:

Congrats. That is awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,443 posts
52 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

I was shocked to find an eBay listing for $250K of the following:

Also if you'd be interested in a MEGA MASSIVE Marvel collection I'd sell

spider-man 1 to 800

avengers 1 to 503

captain America 100 to 600

daredevil 1 to 500

fantastic four 1 to 645

iron man 1 to 500

x-men 1 to 600

with journey into mystery 86 (1st Thor)

tales of suspense 39 (1st iron man)

along with first Ant-man, Wasp, Dr strange, Luke cage, Iron fist

and Hulk 181 and Giant Size X-Men 1

included along with 2,000 bonus random extras

all for $250,000

I can put that together if your interested. 250K cash, in hand might free all issues from my tight grip. Haahaha Get to keep my AF 15 too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,539 posts
32 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

It took me years and years of collecting, but I completed 10/57 to 12/79 from Marvel Comics. Kinda close for completing all the Curtis Marvel mags too. Thanks for tagging me in this thread boys!!! At least a few are impressed with true OCD collecting. Haha. 

That's insane. Insanely awesome, just like your DD tattoos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,882 posts
38 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

It took me years and years of collecting, but I completed 10/57 to 12/79 from Marvel Comics. Kinda close for completing all the Curtis Marvel mags too. Thanks for tagging me in this thread boys!!! At least a few are impressed with true OCD collecting. Haha. 

:roflmao: you are the man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,691 posts

Not yet, but I think I'll accomplish a few by the end of this calendar year.

Last year I didn't really get anything accomplished collection-wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,124 posts

I was happy to get the first 2 and 1/2 appearances of the Punisher with a Mark Jeweler Insert.....

ASM #129 1st Punisher MJI, ASM #134 Punisher Cameo MJI, and ASM #135 2nd Full Punisher MJI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,094 posts

ah junk, i forgot! I did complete my Lucio Parrillo variant run on Vampirella this year. It took me about a year of almost daily hunting. I'm close to finishing one or two other similar small goals. I'm nowhere close at all to finishing two major goals (X-Men and Amazing spidey complete runs), but one day  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7