Have you accomplished a major collecting goal?
9 9

172 posts in this topic

302 posts
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, obiedagod said:

I achieved my slightly awesome goal of owning 10 Spider-Man #252's before the end of the year.

Just curious - why so many?  Variants?

Edited by BladeTX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511 posts
6 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Just curious - why so many?  Variants?

When I get a new key I tend to want to get multiple copies for some reason. 

And as for variants- 9 newsstands, one direct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,048 posts
53 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got back into comics about 5 years ago. I got out my old photojournals and made a list of my 100 favorite covers. My goal was to own all of them. Not keep all of them. My wife did not want me to spend our money so I pulled out a few of the best comics I had from when I collected in the early 90’s and sold them for 5k.  That’s all the money I put in.  

Five years later, a couple weeks ago, I got the last comic on the list that I never owned, Detective 31, and now have traded it for books I gave up in the process that are even better (to me). I traded for more than these two but these are the favorites.

 

F5531CC1-C2B3-4DEE-979D-9F6783C4AF9D.jpeg

1A8D6D93-F64A-443C-B88C-D9AAD0B773A4.jpeg

Great books! Good solid copies

:gossip:There’s a Science 2 in the current CC auction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,162 posts
4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Great books! Good solid copies

:gossip:There’s a Science 2 in the current CC auction.

 I saw that. It is probably my favorite Fox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,807 posts

..Hoping to score a major grail for me this weekend....

..and maybe another goodie too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,162 posts
27 minutes ago, october said:

What a coincidence! I just traded a Science 2, All Top 16 and others for my my favorite all-time golden age book. Something I thought I would never own, but now I do! 

Appreciate it!

 

001 (13).jpg

Win-win Andy! :tink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,559 posts
12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got back into comics about 5 years ago. I got out my old photojournals and made a list of my 100 favorite covers. My goal was to own all of them. Not keep all of them. My wife did not want me to spend our money so I pulled out a few of the best comics I had from when I collected in the early 90’s and sold them for 5k.  That’s all the money I put in.  

Five years later, a couple weeks ago, I got the last comic on the list that I never owned, Detective 31, and now have traded it for books I gave up in the process that are even better (to me). I traded for more than these two but these are the favorites.

 

F5531CC1-C2B3-4DEE-979D-9F6783C4AF9D.jpeg

1A8D6D93-F64A-443C-B88C-D9AAD0B773A4.jpeg

i've seen your books in the sales thread. to start with 5k "play" money and end up here. wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117 posts
On 5/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, BladeTX said:

That is really cool!  Hope to discover one someday.   Likely less expensive than rare comics like the Hyundai variant since it is not part of a set.

@BladeTX - I have two copies of this. I believe there were just 500, all given out at the NYCC 2013. They were both in great condition, and I had one of them CGC slabbed - came back at 9.8.

Happy to offer you the other one (which remains bagged but raw). If you want to trade, perhaps look at my 2003 with Variant set, and offer me something I don't have at 9.8?

Regards

Stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,237 posts

I completed a run of Planet Comics.

Once I completed I started to work on upgrading them and to me that is ongoing.

In addition to the complete run I wanted to own some original art from the series and completed that.

One of the other goals I had for the Planet run was to try acquire a Planet from the Edgar Church collection, I managed to do it thanks to Metropolis finally selling the run.

 

pla1.655a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts

After buying GSX1 last year I had a goal to collect all the Big Premire issues of 1969 marvel. But smaller projects around the house and a couple emergencies dashed my hopes.

In the meantime i have finished Lady Death (boundless) and Harris/anarchy Vampi series instead.

That Ironman 1 is going to be the last one i go after. I do have Sub-mariner 8.5 cgc already i bought two years ago for cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49,485 posts
4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I completed a run of Planet Comics.

Once I completed I started to work on upgrading them and to me that is ongoing.

In addition to the complete run I wanted to own some original art from the series and completed that.

One of the other goals I had for the Planet run was to try acquire a Planet from the Edgar Church collection, I managed to do it thanks to Metropolis finally selling the run.

 

pla1.655a.jpg

you're like some kind of Admiral Halsey of collecting-set battle goals and accomplish them-one by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,583 posts

I am nearing my ASM 1-100 collection 3 books missing but finished my ASM 1-10 collection.

Just need a good deal on ASM 14 , 23 and 44 to pull the trigger.. but its weird I kind of don't want to finish the collection as knowing I need a few more keeps me hunting for more but I don't know if finishing the collection kind of removes the hunting spirit not sure if anyone else has these emotions when finishing a collection specially one they spent a while trying to finish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46,336 posts
1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

I am nearing my ASM 1-100 collection 3 books missing but finished my ASM 1-10 collection.

Just need a good deal on ASM 14 , 23 and 44 to pull the trigger.. but its weird I kind of don't want to finish the collection as knowing I need a few more keeps me hunting for more but I don't know if finishing the collection kind of removes the hunting spirit not sure if anyone else has these emotions when finishing a collection specially one they spent a while trying to finish. 

That's what I thought too, but then I went from 1-100 onto 101-300, and so on until I got to 700. Thats when I finally had to stop the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,185 posts

I 100% completed the Cherry Poptart and DC 100 Page registry. No one else has completed these, yet. :bigsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46,336 posts
36 minutes ago, icefires said:

I 100% completed the Cherry Poptart and DC 100 Page registry. No one else has completed these, yet. :bigsmile:

Have you checked out Greggy 's DC 100 page registry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,185 posts
15 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Have you checked out Greggy 's DC 100 page registry?

Of course. He is one comic short. He has a gazillion more points than I do, and could easily fill the last open slot. For whatever reason, he chooses not to, which leaves me as the only 100% guy. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
9 9