• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m still furious
2 2

35 posts in this topic

My father offered encouragement, and even bought books for himself sometimes. My mother didn't have a problem with it, as long as it didn't conflict with school and studying(little did she know about the times I would have a Bat man or Flash comic inside my textbook when I was "studying").

7 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

as long as it didn't conflict with school and studying(little did she know about the times I would have a Bat man or Flash comic inside my textbook when I was "studying").

You should have one of those old Marvel titles such as 'True Believer' for that.

That you were reading DCs doesn't matter.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I'm glad when I was that age in the 70s, my parents didn't meddle in what I spent my own money on. Though as a parent, I've found with one child I've had to continually admonish one child for impulse buying, but only because she has often regretted purchases made because money burns a hole in her pocket. 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:06 AM, Larryw7 said:

My father offered encouragement, and even bought books for himself sometimes. My mother didn't have a problem with it, as long as it didn't conflict with school and studying(little did she know about the times I would have a Bat man or Flash comic inside my textbook when I was "studying").

In certain circumstances it could be justified, though.

If I was caught with one inside a textbook, say, for example, a chemistry textbook, then I'd explain that we need to be aware of the recurrent properties of certain structurally similar members of the Periodic Table, and this is succinctly described in several issues of Metamorpho, The Element Man, which are considered essential and part of the reading list, and so it's been advised to have a few of them readily to hand, which is why I might be found keeping one inside my textbook.  Likewise, the Flash issues featuring Mr Element or Dr Alchemy are considered appropriate alternatives, as are issues of Wonder Woman for my Classical Studies course, and Batman as a case history in PTSD for my Psychology option.

Easy.

Edited by Ken Aldred

@ivegotneatstuff

Hello David 

As it's been awhile now I was wondering if you are still interested in buying these comics: Amazing fantasy 15, Action comics 1, Detective comics 27.

I'm not trying to rush you but you did agree to give me $42.00 for all three comics. Please get back to me as soon as you can as I have other customers waiting, talk soon.

Signed 

Ivorlota Stuff.:bigsmile:

download.jpg

On 5/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, Ken Aldred said:

In certain circumstances it could be justified, though.

If I was caught with one inside a textbook, say, for example, a chemistry textbook, then I'd explain that we need to be aware of the recurrent properties of certain structurally similar members of the Periodic Table, and this is succinctly described in several issues of Metamorpho, The Element Man, which are considered essential and part of the reading list, and so it's been advised to have a few of them readily to hand, which is why I might be found keeping one inside my textbook.  Likewise, the Flash issues featuring Mr Element or Dr Alchemy are considered appropriate alternatives, as are issues of Wonder Woman for my Classical Studies course, and Batman as a case history in PTSD for my Psychology option.

Easy.

Good thinking Batman!(thumbsu