• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a good source to discuss "Original Art".

15 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Does anyone know of good forums or other online communities I can go to for quality art chat. I recently purchased my first splash page and think I may be hooked.

I would really like to know more about the hobby from vetrans, thank you for your responses.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comicart-l/

Tell em' KrazyKat sent ya . . . they just LOOOVE me over there.

PS - Any and all 'Amazing Spiderman' Large art Covers are my primary collecting interest,...so be warned,...Ill likely out-bid ya on any such item. So its best ya dont even try.

PEACE OUT HOMEY . . . and enjoy.

Hi,

Folks on these boards know they can always ask my advice on anything, especially if you're wondering what the market price or demand is on particular items. But, if you collect mainly modern art (post-1995), then I doubt I'd be able to help. I focus mainly on Silver Age through the early 90s.

Good luck with collecting art! It is a wonderfully rewarding hobby.

Best,

Hey Hari,

I keep on getting banned there because Dave is so 'thin-skinned'. Right now Im incognito. Havent posted in months. Merely reading posts. But,...is it just me,..or have things gotten MAJOR LEAGUE boring there ?

You could try the chat boards at http://www.comicartcommunity.com/ . Not a whole lot of action, but questions are always answered quickly (Terry stays on top of things.) It seems to be mostly "modern" collectors over there as well, so any questions about current art will most likely get answered.

They've also got FREE auctions! ! !

Don't sell yourself short on getting a cover. I thought I never would and I've got about 10-12 now.

Mike

Original art worthy of a board here? Would it get enough traffic to justify it?

Architect,...I will guarantee you the YAHOO list-serve which has over 2000 members would inevitablly migrate over here. The platform is better. I KNOW the board would have legs. Legs like Jesse Owens.

BE034592_GENNAIObRcFnjd4_img.jpgat

Hi Krazy,

Ah, that explains it. What email account were you writing under (you can PM me if you want)?

Yeah, the list can be boring at times. I normally don't contribute much, but use it to make sure I'm not missing anything important. Plus, I have a ton of friends on the list.

Best,