• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mycomicshop charges a 25% restocking fee on returns!
5 5

73 posts in this topic

Yes, I am shaming them.  (:  Holy , Batman.  I purchased the wrong sized bags from them which I am very careful when placing an order.  Perhaps it was my mistake but I wanted to make sure I order the proper material bags.  I use them for my TPBs.  I inquired about returning them and they claim they didn't make any mistake and there is a 25% restocking fee.  SERIOUSLY?  The product is $13.00 and they are going to bust my hump for $3.00.  Guess who will NEVER see my business again.  There are way too many comic dealers and online shops.  I am SO happy that I didn't give them my business when I spent $200+ on comic supplies. 

MCS, Goodbye.  I stopped purchase from MileHigh as I didn't care for the owner's rants when crisis happened, nor his politics.  I am so happy that you are willing to lose a customer over $3.25.  Go fist yourself.

48 minutes ago, nocutename said:

Yes, I am shaming them.  (:  Holy , Batman.  I purchased the wrong sized bags from them which I am very careful when placing an order.  Perhaps it was my mistake but I wanted to make sure I order the proper material bags.  I use them for my TPBs.  I inquired about returning them and they claim they didn't make any mistake and there is a 25% restocking fee.  SERIOUSLY?  The product is $13.00 and they are going to bust my hump for $3.00.  Guess who will NEVER see my business again.  There are way too many comic dealers and online shops.  I am SO happy that I didn't give them my business when I spent $200+ on comic supplies. 

MCS, Goodbye.  I stopped purchase from MileHigh as I didn't care for the owner's rants when crisis happened, nor his politics.  I am so happy that you are willing to lose a customer over $3.25.  Go fist yourself.

circa.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, JWKyle said:

So did they sent you what you ordered or they sent you the wrong thing?

Or did you order the wrong thing thinking it was what you wanted?

That sh*ts heavy right there.

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
3 hours ago, nocutename said:

I purchased the wrong sized bags..........Perhaps it was my mistake.............they claim they didn't make any mistake........

Somebody made a mistake.

Did you make the mistake or did they make the mistake?

For :censored:s sake who made the :censored:ing mistake :mad:

1 minute ago, Red_Hood said:

So MyComicShop and Calmerica are the only 2 entities to charge restocking fees in this era of the entitled consumer.... good luck with those business models.

Sorry, no. One of them two is a non-entity. 

1 hour ago, JWKyle said:

So did they sent you what you ordered or they sent you the wrong thing?

Or did you order the wrong thing thinking it was what you wanted?

I probably made the mistake.  I thought I added it to the cart and then recall checking my order history with them as I have ordered supplies in the past.  I like the polyethylene bags which no LCS near me carry they only carry the polypropylene which crinkle over time.  I was ordering a comic and didn't want to just ship that one.  So when I went back to the order, I may have realized I didn't add it to the cart so I picked it added it.  I have been deleting my emails to keep my inbox clean for when I look at new mail on my phone.  I never looked at the order so that was my mistake.

However, to come back to we will take back the item at a 25% restocking fee is absurd.  I have been ordering from MCS for over 10 years now.  I will be closing my account and never using them again. For the record, she did reply back that they will waive the fee only this one time.  I have no record of returns there except for an incomplete Katy Keene that I ordered.  I had no issue with the return once I got past their quite unfriendly customer service rep, Beth at the time.  What a nightmare she was.

7 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

So MyComicShop and Calmerica are the only 2 entities to charge restocking fees in this era of the entitled consumer.... good luck with those business models.

While I posted this because I was quite appalled that they would even think to charge a restocking fee on such a small ticketed item.  I would have to pay return shipping and then to swipe another 3 bucks that is just insulting.  I just am trying to let other know that there is a restocking fee which I guess makes sense but in this day and age.