• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mycomicshop charges a 25% restocking fee on returns!
5 5

73 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, shadroch said:

I'm stunned no one has started a Go Fund Me account.  A couple of fifty cent donations and we can put this nightmare firmly behind us.

This would be funny if it wasn't soooo true. It's kinda not funny. 

As i've said a bunch, I helped MLC set up at a con just to see what's it like from the other side of the table. It was eye opening and kinda depressing. Customers that is. 

Edited by NoMan

On 4/29/2019 at 10:35 AM, nocutename said:

Yes, I am shaming them.  (:  Holy , Batman.  I purchased the wrong sized bags from them which I am very careful when placing an order.  Perhaps it was my mistake but I wanted to make sure I order the proper material bags.  I use them for my TPBs.  I inquired about returning them and they claim they didn't make any mistake and there is a 25% restocking fee.  SERIOUSLY?  The product is $13.00 and they are going to bust my hump for $3.00.  Guess who will NEVER see my business again.  There are way too many comic dealers and online shops.  I am SO happy that I didn't give them my business when I spent $200+ on comic supplies. 

MCS, Goodbye.  I stopped purchase from MileHigh as I didn't care for the owner's rants when crisis happened, nor his politics.  I am so happy that you are willing to lose a customer over $3.25.  Go fist yourself.

giphy.gif

Edited by 01TheDude

12 hours ago, oakman29 said:

This day and age of entitlement makes me sick. 

You as a consumer buys a product that you clearly made the wrong choice, then MCS tells you that they normally would charge you 3 dollars for a restocking fee but will waive this fee upon your items return.  You're ultimate thought was to come on here to shame a respected business,  and a respected board member? 

Stop, just stop !

tl;dr

22 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Not the same thing, but I bought ultra-pro magazine bags from a local comic shop 30 minutes away.  I figured I'd rather support the local shop than buy online.  Turns out the ultra pro mag bags do not fit my eaglemoss magazines anyway, so I end up ordering thick size BCW magazine bags online away.  Sitting on a pack of useless $6 mag bags here, too.  Point is, sometimes you lose and sometimes you lose. 

Apparently I am the big loser here.  I paid for shipping on the item and I would most likely eat the cost because shipping would be too much to make it worth while.  But the return policy of 25% is outrageous and I will not shop there again.  That is MY RIGHT as a consumer.  I am not trying to shed responsibility.   The idea that someone here things I am trying to that makes me a bit mad.  I posted here because while I was a customer at MCS, I never knew they had a restocking fee.  NOW I do and NOW I will not shop there anymore. I rarely purchase from Best Buy.  WHY?  Because they too have a restocking fee.  So i only purchase things like DVDs that are non-returnable.   As a consumer I get to choose where I spend my money.  I don't like to support business that don't work with the consumer.  So there's that.  Have a nice day.

20 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

I just don't understand where our hobby is headed these days.  

It seems like nearly every day that I log in here, something bad is happening. 

I keep hearing about people getting ripped off on eBay to the tune of hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

Or yet another dealer has books stolen at a convention to the tune of thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars.

It's almost been enough to make me walk away from the hobby......but I keep telling myself that it just can't get any worse.

Can it?

And then I come in here today.....and find out that someone is being charged a $3 restocking fee?

THAT DOES IT!!!

I know this sounds silly to you.  Perhaps it is.  Perhaps, this why I stop posting here because I rarely get supported by this community.  Why did I come back.  I don't know.  I was just sharing some information.  Laugh, do what ever the you want with it.  I am done again with these boards too.

19 hours ago, mycomicshop said:

My preferred way to handle returns would be:

- if a return is due to something outside of the customer's own actions such that the items received aren't as described (our error, damage in transit, etc), then of course no restocking fee

- if a return is due to the customer's good faith error (oops I ordered the wrong thing), or even if it's a buyer's remorse situation and they changed their minds but it's an honest mistake and first time, don't sweat it, accept the return with no restocking fee, let them know that although we do have a restocking fee for some returns it's not necessary here. The situation described in this thread sounds like it wasn't our error, but it was a minor oversight by the buyer and not a big deal, and I wouldn't have charged a restocking fee.

- but if a buyer has repetitive return requests where we didn't do anything wrong and the buyer made an error or got buyer's remorse, or otherwise is not ordering/returning in good faith, then I have no problem charging a restocking fee. We're not trying to be Wal-Mart or Amazon where anybody can return anything for any reason as many times as they want. There are buyers that would take advantage of it if it were allowed, one example being buyers looking for 9.8 candidates among books listed only as NM, and wanting to return correctly graded books that aren't suitable for 9.8 slabbing. Or ordering a 6.0 FN book and returning it, not because they don't think it's a 6.0, but because they thought it was undergraded when they ordered it, and then after receiving it decided it wasn't undergraded as much as they hoped. We don't want people fishing for stuff like that and then returning what they don't like. We want to take care of our customers, but we expect buyers to meet us half way and treat us fairly too.

I have requested from your customer service to close my account.  I want verification that all my history and payment records have been removed from your systems.   Please do so immediately. 

17 hours ago, oakman29 said:

This day and age of entitlement makes me sick. 

You as a consumer buys a product that you clearly made the wrong choice, then MCS tells you that they normally would charge you 3 dollars for a restocking fee but will waive this fee upon your items return.  You're ultimate thought was to come on here to shame a respected business,  and a respected board member? 

Stop, just stop !

You go stop.  Please, just stop.  I am not a repeat offender at returning things.  Nor have I returned anything at MCS except for one thing that was their mistake.  I don't deserve to be treated like that long customer.  I can decide what I want to do with my money.  So please, STOP reading this thread if it so appalls you.  Why did I ever attempt to return to this forum.  That was my biggest mistake. 

57 minutes ago, nocutename said:

You go stop.  Please, just stop.  I am not a repeat offender at returning things.  Nor have I returned anything at MCS except for one thing that was their mistake.  I don't deserve to be treated like that long customer.  I can decide what I want to do with my money.  So please, STOP reading this thread if it so appalls you.  Why did I ever attempt to return to this forum.  That was my biggest mistake. 

Lighten up, Francis

MCS said they would waive the restocking fee. Nope-- not good enough for you. The fact that they have one is OUTRAGEOUS (throws hands in air like a lunatic) to you apparently. You do need to stop. You started by admitting you made a mistake and then went on a rampage over 3 bucks. C'mon man-- be reasonable for one and for two-- own your mistakes and quit making this about the people on this message board or even MCS. You had a bad day-- let it go. Remember-- this is over THREE DOLLARS. Nothing that insignificant should ever make you this upset.

Take a break and come back when you cool off. That is my advice. Not that you are here anymore to read it since you left.

.giphy.gif

Edited by 01TheDude

11 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Lighten up, Francis

MCS said they would waive the restocking fee. Nope-- not good enough for you. The fact that they have one is OUTRAGEOUS (throws hands in air like a lunatic) to you apparently. You do need to stop. You started by admitting you made a mistake and then went on a rampage over 3 bucks. C'mon man-- be reasonable for one and for two-- own your mistakes and quit making this about the people on this message board or even MCS. You had a bad day-- let it go. Remember-- this is over THREE DOLLARS. Nothing that insignificant should ever make you this upset.

Take a break and come back when you cool off. That is my advice. Not that you are here anymore to read it since you left.

.giphy.gif

Hey.  Go f__t yourself.

lol jk.

8 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Hey.  Go f__t yourself.

lol jk.

I feel like I just did when I tried to do an image search on F_ _ TING  -- ouch-- don't go there, that was disturbing. You half expect them to pull a rabbit out of there or something. Yeesh! lol

image.png.cb1c9b15be9897bb0100a594ff5e9a33.png

Edited by 01TheDude

35 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Lighten up, Francis

.giphy.gif

Sage advice indeed.  Nocutename we are only having fun at your expense, you've been here long enough to know that this wasn't going to end well for you didn't you?

1 hour ago, nocutename said:

I have requested from your customer service to close my account.  I want verification that all my history and payment records have been removed from your systems.   Please do so immediately. 

Whew......for a second I was afraid you were going to overreact again.

I don't like to support business that don't work with the consumer.

But they even though you made the mistake, they tried to work with you by not charging you the restocking fee for your own mistake.

You omitted that important detail from your first post in an attempt to shame them.

You also told them to go fist themselves when they didn't really do anything wrong. You made the mistake. Not them. (shrug)

I know this sounds silly to you.  Perhaps it is.  Perhaps, this why I stop posting here because I rarely get supported by this community.  Why did I come back.  I don't know.  I was just sharing some information.  Laugh, do what ever the you want with it.  I am done again with these boards too.

I don't think it is a support issue with the boards members, I think it is more the way that you came off in your post.  Had you posted in a calm and cool manner, i think you would have garnered more support.  Instead it seems like you went a bit overboard with it.

I understand you are frustrated finding out they had the restocking fee, but, MCS did say they would waive it.  If you want, I'll buy the bags off of you.

Wow I never bought anything from MCS hm I have only heard good things abought that guy Conan conan_gif_774746355c44fa8edb1009c906c3be29.gif.73c4497adacefb7e8e89cad58c981faa.gif

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

thats-all-i-have-to-say-about-that-thumb.jpg.8bf1b18ab7316feb020aba626f237746.jpg.1d66102dbc259be9d5b1f4b1a8e40d3c.jpg

2 hours ago, nocutename said:

I don't like to support business that don't work with the consumer.  So there's that.  Have a nice day.

But they did try to work with you when they offered to waive the restocking fee. :eyeroll:

2 hours ago, nocutename said:

Apparently I am the big loser here.  I paid for shipping on the item and I would most likely eat the cost because shipping would be too much to make it worth while.  But the return policy of 25% is outrageous and I will not shop there again.  That is MY RIGHT as a consumer.  I am not trying to shed responsibility.   The idea that someone here things I am trying to that makes me a bit mad.  I posted here because while I was a customer at MCS, I never knew they had a restocking fee.  NOW I do and NOW I will not shop there anymore. I rarely purchase from Best Buy.  WHY?  Because they too have a restocking fee.  So i only purchase things like DVDs that are non-returnable.   As a consumer I get to choose where I spend my money.  I don't like to support business that don't work with the consumer.  So there's that.  Have a nice day.

Next time, read the terms of service. Your ignorance is your responsibility. MCS enjoys a solid reputation here for good reason. You're making only yourself look bad.