• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC needs to modify its stance on Color Touch
5 5

350 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

NG

PLUS all those grades, in the RESTORED category.  And conserved.

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

NG

And NG! Although, to be fair, does "No Grade" count as a grade...?

It's the 26th option 

True...but does it count as a grade.....?

hm

1. Assign NG

2. ? ? ?

3. Profit!

10 minutes ago, Bookery said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My statements have always been that experience matters. And it does. 

Well, not always.  Because if you point out that you have 40 years of experience, you are called "melodramatic".  

True. And like you said in another thread, Uncle Ben was totally asking for it from that burglar... :(

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 minute ago, Bookery said:

Almost everything you do is a couched put-down... nearly 55,000 posts filled with them.  Get real, RMA.  I'm not thrilled when somebody is insulting, but let's face it... there's a lot of that on these boards, and I give it back to those I think deserve it as well, so no biggie.  But to continually pretend you can't read your own posts gets ridiculous.  You called into question my experience, I answered.  You called my response "melodramatic" (you do this to the extreme... constantly "correct" people on how they should post, what is the appropriate tone, how they should say things instead, etc.).  Your opinion of the style of my response, were it melodramatic or not, is not relevant to the discussion.  You are not my editor nor my theater critic.  You also didn't just repeat my "insult" at the end... you added in "let's hope you can work on that" and then added further "remember to keep the personal comments out of the discussion".  That's a series of put-downs (couched or otherwise) in just one post (not to mention once again condescendingly instructing others how they should post and what they can say).  Then above you accuse me of being "snide" (again, no problem slinging insults... but to continually insist you don't make personal comments is laughable).  If you want to debate reasonably, then fine.  If you want to joust, I'll joust until I get bored of it (which is usually pretty quickly).  But the incessant holier-than-thou approach that is your whole shtick is tiresome and simply not worth the time.

^^

19 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My statements have always been that experience matters. And it does. 

Well, not always.  Because if you point out that you have 40 years of experience, you are called "melodramatic".  

True.

Well, at least you admit that in your vernacular the word "always" means "going all the way back in time to ... 2 or 3 posts ago".  Got it.

19 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And like you said in another thread, Uncle Ben was totally asking for it from that burglar... :(

A joke, of course, since I'm sure I have never mentioned Uncle Ben in any previous post.  That said... you have uncannily gleaned my views on this.  Stan Lee perpetually misrepresented events in each re-telling of the origin.  Uncle Ben got what he deserved.  If you read the original police reports, it appears Ben hired the so-called "burglar" to bump off Aunt May so Uncle Ben could keep his massive rice fortune after May threatened divorce.  But the burglar had been to the optometrist that day, and his eyes were still blurry and dilated.  Since Ditko drew all old people pretty much the same, it's easy to see how the burglar got confused and shot Ben instead.  It was ironic justice, and a reporter named O'Henry laid this out, but his article was rejected due to pressure from the "Bullpen".