• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It was BOUND to happen, show us your Bound Volumes and Books removed from them.
3 3

125 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, AJD said:

I have some bound volumes of copper age books I had made up, but no earlier. I do however have a couple of WDC&S liberated from bound volumes. Here's one. As near as I can tell this book was stitched in, but not trimmed or otherwise maltreated.

large.5972a2375624b_wdcs_007.jpg.4093a80d615fc85b23b585191f7de960.jpg

Really pretty copy! One thing about bound volumes, if the books were bound around the time of publication, they generally survive well. My Wings bv looks like the books were printed yesterday.

13 hours ago, Scrooge said:

The bound volumes you've shown over time are all super amazing. That one above is dreamy :luhv: Hits my favorite time period of books.

Only ever had one I believe and I have released it since -

573644942_DV-MarvelStories-Giant.JPG.514a5b43700f55e80fe54cb8c76f2e8b.JPG

769915509_DV-MarvelStories-SimonandKirby.JPG.8147d860e5105d924ab679dd3e04d0f3.JPG

1259992469_DV-MarvelTales-WomaninTube.jpg.9c26101b90af004b733f947c6834139b.jpg

That’s a nice one! I don’t own any pulp volumes although I’ve seen a few. 

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I know Geppi has been advertising as of late to buy  File Copy Bound Volumes 

He’s been buying them for years. Probably has more than anyone I know. He is mostly into publisher copies. I also like the fan produced ones like the ones I posted above. So random and one of a kind.

Edited by Robot Man

3 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

Here's a Spirit 7 that was removed from a bound volume.

spirit7 7 14 40.jpg

Cool! I think that the Spirit ones would be perfect for a bv. Too bad it didn’t stay intact. Is that one of Johnny Craig’s from Roger Hill? I have a couple of those that were bound at one time.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Cool! I think that the Spirit ones would be perfect for a bv. Too bad it didn’t stay intact. Is that one of Johnny Craig’s from Roger Hill? I have a couple of those that were bound at one time.

No idea, purchased at the Shrine show long ago.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have several of them too, among the earliest issues, but don’t know the source.