• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sega's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2/14/20)

93 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, kagenish said:

I don't know how I feel about this. I would say that they need to work a little bit more on sonic design their something off-putting about him.

Who knew we would see a day when it is safe to say 'That was no Detective Pikachu trailer'? :insane:

On 4/30/2019 at 12:19 PM, TwoPiece said:

I think this looks really, really bad. I am ashamed it exists.

They only need $40,000,000 to make the "Top 20 Video Game Adaptation" list: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=videogameadaptation.htm

If you pick the right category, some charts are easy to dominate. lol

Edited by valiantman

21 hours ago, valiantman said:

They only need $40,000,000 to make the "Top 20 Video Game Adaptation" list: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=videogameadaptation.htm

If you pick the right category, some charts are easy to dominate. lol

Very true (for now) but the Illumination Studios   Mario movie (and then sequels and no doubt spin offs) are going to make that chart look very different in a few years.   The Mario movie won't happen until 2022 earliest apparently but that seems like a lock to be a big success given the studio, subject matter, time being taken, budget, etc.

Edited by Bronty

The tranquilizer dart scene in the trailer also makes literally no sense in the context within its own trailer, too. At the end, he basically sees everything at full-stop.

It's kinda similar to Quicksilver in Age of Ultron, but at least there, he never sees anything full-stop. Maximoff even got shot by a Sokovian police officer in the 3rd Act to show he isn't necessarily always faster than bullets.

CGI looks creepy. Trying to make something look too human and falling into the "Uncanny valley"

Can't say I care though as who in the world really wants to see a Sonic movie???

21 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

A Mario movie has been made before. I would not assume anything.

Supposedly, John Leguizamo and Bob Hoskins were drunk during 80% of the filming.  Easily in the top 5 of Worst/Best movies ever.