• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sega's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2/14/20)

93 posts in this topic

This is one of the genres? that you just never go live action with. Video game movies have never translated well into live action, bar Mortal Kombat. And then, only one movie was well done.

Course, this is my opinion.

6 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

This is one of the genres? that you just never go live action with. Video game movies have never translated well into live action, bar Mortal Kombat. And then, only one movie was well done.

Course, this is my opinion.

THIS WAS OSCAR WORTHY

What was it like seeing the interest in response to Sonic?

Josh Miller: That was really weird. The whole time we were working on the -script, the design had come up here and there. We weren’t getting day to day updates, we were seeing updates maybe once a month.

Pat: We weren’t really concerned about that, we were concerned with making the story work. The one thing we would say to them was that he has to be cute and that people have to want to hug him. I guess that the first design wasn’t, but the new one is. It got there eventually.

This version of Sonic has been on his own for so long, that he’s even started quietly talking to himself. It’s a very sad way to approach the character. Where did the idea for that direction come from?

Josh: It’s probably too long of a story to talk about all the permutations and ideas we had on the movie while working with [Jeff Fowler] our director before we landed on what you see in the movie. We knew that we wanted him to grow up on Earth so that he had the personality of an Earthling but in hiding. His arc for the movie is getting to join that community.

Mortal Kombat was amazing when it came out. I had a buddy on the university track team nearly hurt himself by doing a face plant trying to imitate the Liu Kang wall flip/kick move. lol 

It would be great if Sonic can top it. The more successful video game movies we have the better.:wishluck:

Edited by kimik