• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLIFTON NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO-SUN, MAY 12th

12 posts in this topic

Join us on Sunday, May 12th for our Clifton Show! America's favorite and longest running monthly comic book show!

The show runs from 10-4 at The Clifton Community Recreation Center, 1232 Main Ave, Clifton, NJ 07011.

Admission is FREE as always during our regular show hours of 10-4!

But... more and more collectors have been coming to shop before the show is officially open.  So... from 8:30 to 10:00 there will be a $5 early bird admission charge.  Earlybirds must use only the front entrance to the building.  For security reasons, only vendors loading in can use the back entrance prior to 10.

Our dealers' room is SOLD OUT again!... all of your regular friends will be here as well as some new faces. Once again we will have everything from CGC investment grade keys to 25 cent readers... supplies and some action figures as well.

Our notorious no minimum bid auction is NOW AT 1:30!.

Our featured guest will be Bob Sharen.

Bob started as a colorist for Marvel in 1978. He’s had long runs on the Spider-man books, Captain America, GI Joe, Master of Kung Fu, Alien Legion, Iron Man, West Coast Avengers, and at one time or another worked on just about every Marvel title. Since leaving Marvel he is mostly doing hand coloring on fan commissioned one-of-a-kind recreations, and is available for digital coloring.

Be sure to check out our website: http://www.njcomicbookshows.com/

Like us on Facebook at NJ Comic Book Shows

Upcoming shows:

Old Bridge 5/26

Clifton 6/9

Wayne 6/23

Seeya There!

JP

Our friend Derek is returning to the Clifton show on Sunday May 12th. While it is always good to visit with him I also found out that he had unearthed an original owner Marvel collection from the mid to late 60’s. This is the second show it will be at. The first show it debuted at was in DC. The run of Spider-Man from 17 to 78 that were in there are already gone. Sorry. Which tells you he prices fairly as both dealers and collectors alike were making piles to purchase. 

Whatever is left will be sold at half-off sticker!!  Nothing high grade as the collection ranged from fair to very fine minus with the average grade being vg.   Titles still left include Daredevil, X-men, Thor, Iron Man, Submariner, Hulk, captain America plus the usual assortment of titles you would come across from that era. 

This will be a good opportunity and an inexpensive way to fill in holes in your collection. Just a reminder for early birds from 830 to 10 please use the front entrance. A very reasonable admission during that time frame is only $5 per person. After 10 AM everyone is welcome to join us for FREE admission to America’s longest running monthly comic con. 
Edited by pug productions

2 hours ago, pug productions said:

A few people have asked about Bob Sharen's autograph policy.  The first 3 are free... after that $1 each.

I also give my first 3 autographs for free.

Seeing as how nobody's ever asked for one, I don't think I need a policy above and beyond that.

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I need to find you... @Birdsaid so. What does your table look like?

My table is mostly long boxes of $3 and $5 books. I'll have some 50-centers and some priced more, but those two price points are my bread and butter.

I'll have a rack of wall books behind me. I'll probably be wearing my RC Comics t-shirt, and my 10-year-old son will be sitting behind the tables playing on his switch.

1 minute ago, RCheli said:

My table is mostly long boxes of $3 and $5 books. I'll have some 50-centers and some priced more, but those two price points are my bread and butter.

I'll have a rack of wall books behind me. I'll probably be wearing my RC Comics t-shirt, and my 10-year-old son will be sitting behind the tables playing on his switch.

Awesome- I have probably seen you a million times but now I can put a boardy name to real live person-see you sunday