• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DCeased by Tom Taylor...

19 posts in this topic

#1 out today:

https://batman-news.com/2019/04/05/first-look-at-dceased-1/

I don't know, are we doing this? I am definitely zombied out these days but I loved Tom Taylor's writing on Injustice. Will probably have to give it a try.

Some of the variant covers (see link) are pretty insane. This will do well methinks.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

#1 out today:

I don't know, are we doing this? I am definitely zombied out these days but I loved Tom Taylor's writing on Injustice. Will probably have to give it a try.

Some of the variant covers (see link) are pretty insane. This will do well methinks.

The variants look great!

I may give it a shot along with Savage avengers ! 

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

#1 out today:

Yes, Taylor is great!

I also enjoyed the read on this. Im usually have a hard time getting into the DC universe and hate zombies.  But I was pleasantly surprised on this one. Shannon Maer(Edit: and Mattina) are making some amazing covers for this.

Edited by Mirkinator
edited

On 5/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, fastballspecial said:

I read it today bought the basic cover. Its going to a fun series.  The art is average at best.

That was something of a problem with Injustice too... the art was all over the place, likely because the book started as an oddball project that wasn't expected to go anywhere. Taylor really needs to be paired with a top-tier artist on an A-list book. He's a terrific writer and I can easily imagine him being the next Scott Snyder for DC.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

That was something of a problem with Injustice too... the art was all over the place, likely because the book started as an oddball project that wasn't expected to go anywhere. Taylor really needs to be paired with a top-tier artist on an A-list book. He's a terrific writer and I can easily imagine him being the next Scott Snyder for DC.

I thought it was ok I may gave issue 2 a shot! 

a lot of these MA books start off good but end horrible!

19 hours ago, Point Five said:
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, fastballspecial said:

I read it today bought the basic cover. Its going to a fun series.  The art is average at best.

I agree I loved Injustice. Some issues had great art while others sucked, but the story was solid for quite a while.

I like the series thus far and Tom Taylor's writing it worth the buy. I'm not too put off by the multiple variants, will only buy what I like. I'm not thrilled with the Trevor Hairsine artwork, still bring the zombies :popcorn:.

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Ive enjoyed it so far. I am interested to see how the last issue ties it up.

For those that enjoyed this you will probably like Injustice as well its the same
deal except Superman decides its time to rule Earth.

Injustice is great but kinda loses it way a bot with the Harley stuff. It's still pretty great though

Just seeing the news that DCeased #1 was one of the bestselling single issues of 2019, selling 250,760 copies. (It shoulda been 250,761... I still haven’t read it!) Another big win on the board for writer Tom Taylor, which is great to see.